Pullman Beijing South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewscomfort foodgreat breakfast buffetbusiness hotelchinese charactersfront officerooms are cleanlate at nightbusiness districtsubway stationroom was largechinarepairtaxismallasian
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I not felt very welcome at this Hotel, especially not as Platinum Member of LeClub. Check In needed a while and I not got any question about any whish from my side also nobody told me where is breakfast etc.
I booked 2 rooms via Accor Homepage with the mark NON Smoking. My chinese collegue checked in earlier as me and got non smoking room at 16th floor. Me quite late I got 8th floor smoking.... what a luck I not smelled too much smoke in room, so I decided to stay this night in it.
Typically at better Hotels at Accor, the bed comfort was good.
The room itself was made for a double bed, but it seams that somebody changed its mind to use 2 single beds, so the backside wall of the bed as well as the light switches not really fit to it.
Unfortunatelly there was also no WLAN, So only my Notebook been able to connect to InterNet via cable.
Bathroom quite nice and in good conditions. What I really hate is this crazy wall baased hair fan with the long air tubes, like its used in simple hotels.
Funny at my room I found no Rollo to close the big window to the bath room. My colleague at 16th flor said he had a rollo.
The TV controls goes via an extra reciever box, Nobody from the room designers find a good place for it so it looks a bit starnge on the console bellow the Chinese TV.
The suitcase stand was the smallest I ever saw. Made for a shoe box or so.
The Mini Bar was empty !!!! Never saw that in a Hotel on this category. The best is that they asked me at check out if I used anything from Mini Bar.
The smokers bar was quite OK. Smells as the name says... looks quite nice, I actually not like smoking areas, but it seams at late night there was no other place for a drink with my colleague.
Breakfast I not used. According to my colleague it was average, but not worth for the price it costs.
Check out needed very long time. It was very difficult to have my invoice and my colleagues one at same paper, later it worked. No chance to get the breakfast invoice and bar invoice to it too. So I got 2 invoices. Check out time was not acceptable.
From my experience, I think I got a Chinese room at Chinese floor, which is typical used for Chinese guests at big Hotels. Thats why the room was as I explained.
Not easy to get taxi at moring time. You need to calculate at least about 30min for waiting time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Lazaro P, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Beijing South. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Bright hall, clean room and profressional service are deeply in my mind, hopefully I would have next time in Pullman..
It's located in the Beijing Economic Development zone, near the subway station it's very convenient to go somewhere by subway.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Beijing South. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,

at my last stay I did not get Company rate contracted. I always came in as member of ZF Friedrichahafen AG. Really don´t know why they did not consider and even give me an Explanation.
When I came in on Monday, 18.03., I asked for room on a rate like 887 RMB + breakfast in executive Lounge - I got a room on 667 and no acces to executive Lounge.

I think there really is room for improvement.

Best regards

Hans-Peter Schilling

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Lazaro P, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear Mr. Schilling,

I am really sorry to know that you didn't get the room rate you requested.

I have checked your reservation and today our Guest Relations Officer will contact you to offer you the rate you requested, so you can enjoy the breakfast in our Executive Floor until your departure.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience and I want to thank you for your loyalty to Pullman Beijing South and your comments.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

The hotel has two ATMs; one is too slow to give out cash, the other gave me counterfeit money. The hotel manager told me that they had complaints before, but don't see the necessity do change anything. Nor would they exchange the money or do anything else to help it. No "sorry" and no reaction on my written complaint e-mail. Not the way to go!!!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank hbkm
Lazaro P, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear guest,

First of all I would like to apologize for such a bad you had experience in our hotel.

The two ATMs that we have in our lobby belong to banks which are not operated by our hotel, but in any case, we try to make sure that all the services we offer at Pullman Beijing South follow the standards for 5 stars hotels.

The money in both ATMs was checked one by one by bank professionals after your complaint, but also, it is checked on a regular basis to prevent cases like yours to happen.

Unfortunately, in China there is a big amount of counterfeit money in circulation that is usually given by local shops and illegal taxis. For this, the Chinese Authorities have strict measures for banks, but this is something we cannot control. Both ATMs belong to TOP Chinese banks known for their efficiency and security.

I am really sorry for the whole situation and I would like to apologize again in the name of Pullman Beijing South for not handling the situation accordingly.

I will contact you in private to follow up our investigation.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is quite a new hotel and is very convenient for Beijing South Station if you are moving around on the train. The rates I got were good, but we do have an account with the hotel so I can't say how it compares with other hotels locally for price in general.

The desk staff are very friendly and their English is good.

The rooms are spacious, clean and bright which is more than can be said for many hotels in China. Internet (in my rate) was free and adequate for what I needed.

Breakfast buffet was good, with quite a wide choice of western and Asian dishes.

I did not try the restaurant, bar or exercise room so can't comment.

I will certainly stay here agin when I visit this area.

Room Tip: It's in a commercial area, and it's Beijing, so please don't expect a view!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Lazaro P, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear TripAdvisor user,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests!

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we would be more than happy to have you back in the future.