“Accomodation”

Pullman Beijing South
Ranked #152 of 6,531 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Very nice hotel in the BDA industrial area, several restaurants to choose from. Subway within walking distance, however need to take at least 2 trains to reach the city (that is about an hour travel). Supermarket, several more restaurants and local shops are about 20 minutes walk, north-west direction. Swimming pool was open couple day a week, the large spa pool had only few jets working, enjoyed the table tennis.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lazaro P, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear Dinu,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with all Tripadvisor users. You are actually right; our hotel is situated in the Business District Area surrounded by the Fortune 500 Companies, so we are also well communicated with the city by subway and highways.

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, even though our swimming pool was under maintenance. I hope you can enjoy all its functions during your next visit to Beijing.

There are newer reviews for Pullman Beijing South

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Very well located hotel in the BDA, at walking distance to office and subway. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Restaurant is correct, but not really well cooked and not always very fresh!
The hotel was really quiet and the bar empty every night. Due to steam issues, the swimming pool and sauna were closed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Lazaro P, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear Marc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. It's always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests.

I will certainly express your concerns with our Director of Food and Beverage regarding the food in Cafe Mistral. Your comments encourage us to improve and achieve the level of satisfaction that our guests deserve.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments and I hope you can give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Booked 2 rooms for myself and my cowork just before May Day holiday in China in 2013 via www.pullmanhotels.com and when I arrived on 5/1 evening, they couldn't find my reservation. I showed them the email confirmation as well as text confirmation, they still couldn't find one, after 20 minutes on investigation, they figured out that might be due to holiday. Anyway, I got a room and so did my coworker. I used my credit card to reserve the room and I told them that my cowork would pay himself when I checked in. Surprisedly they checked both room to my credit card. That's not funny.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

First of all, I would like to thank you for expressing your concerns on Tripadvisor and apologize for such a bad experience you had on your visit to Beijing.

After further discussion and investigation, we have found the problem with your reservation and measures have been taken accordingly. We are also providing training to our Front Office staff so cases like yours won't happen again in the future.

Please, allow me to contact you in private so we can discuss it further and compensate you in any ay possible.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

There is not much choice in the area but Pullman is quite good and the price is not expensive.
Mistral restaurant offers a buffet with lots of different dishes.
Rooms are good and beds are OK.
Do not expect to find nice attractions in the area, there is nothing but offices, not even a convenient store...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Lazaro P, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear Alexandre,

Thank you very much for your nice comments regarding our hotel.

As you know, Pullman Beijing South's location is in the Business Development Area where all Fortune 500 Companies are located.

In any case, we are only 10 minutes away from the YiZhuang Subway Line that goes directly downtown, where you can visit all the touristic spots from the city. But also, we have the Honeshee International Golf Center and Elk's Park just a few minutes away by car.

Please, make sure you ask our Concierge Staff on your next trip since they can be very helpful giving you tips about the area, maps, routes and helping you with taxis.

All the best and thank you again for your comments,

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Good hotel with plenty to offer the business traveller, located in a southerly direction of BDA, in a newly developed area a little further than the old shopping areas. The location is fine for business travels as there is the convenience of taxi waiting on your door steps. Beware of the many Beijing taxi who refuse to carry you if you have to travel to slightly more remote locations for concern that they may not pick up a return fare..There are many such taxi drivers in BDA. and the taxi companies have done nothing to stop this. For overseas travellers used to the friendly taxi drivers, this is quite annoying.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Lazaro P, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear Ching Chuen T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion with the TripAdvisor users regarding our property.

It is a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback, it definitely encourages us to continue working on the satisfaction of our guests.

I really hope that your next visit is as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Basically 4star hotel should have the full package, such as nice restaurant, lounge, facilites, well-trained staff. In my feeling, breakfast is not good, not much selection. Staff do not have much smile, no welcome drink when check in, lounge is look like 24hrs closed. Can not provide the feeling/emotion to attract guest to interest your everything. Location of this hotel is special, store, restaurant, small shopping mail is far away by car (15mins). So hotel master should take this advantage to provide everything customer need to let them stay in your side. I think that if your hotel is good, most of guest would spend much money and time.

Room Tip: Not cheaper and not much special
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Lazaro P, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear JackL,

Thank you very much for your extense feedback. We really appreciate our guests' comments.

I am really sorry to know that you were not quite satisfied with our facilities and our service. Please, rest assured that we are doing everything in our hands to improve our quality in order to suit our guests' needs.

It will be our pleasure if you could give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

In general, the hotel provided us good facility & services. The effectiveness & efficient at the check-in/out counter are improved significantly compared to my previous stay. I would like to chose Pullman agian in my future business trips to the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Lazaro P, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Dear traveler,

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Pullman Beijing South. Your feedback is very important for us.

We are looking forward to serve you again in the future.