“Excellent, comfortable hotel! Wonderful breakfast!!!”

Pullman Beijing South
Ranked #149 of 6,550 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Beautiful lobby and rooms. Very courteous, helpful staff. Comfortable bed!!! Quiet room! There is a really lovely executive hospitality room too, but unless you are a movie star... don't eat b'fast there... the lobby level has more selections. Great coffee options. Wonderful fresh fruit and pastries. Lots of hot dishes and noodle dishes.
Hotel staff helped us with small emergencies... a broken zipper, etc. Wake up calls were prompt. We've stayed in nice hotels in China... this was one of the very best if not THE BEST! We loved it.

Room Tip: There is a spa that looked enticing, but we didn't have time.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Not the friendliest staff in the world. A dull, rather boring bar. No staff with good English language skills. My shower drain was blocked and the whole bathroom and entrance flooded. Breakfast was very forgetable, with staff that didn't know where anything was.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Watch out! This is in the Beijing BDA so if you are a tourist look somewhere closer to the city. If you are here for business you have just a few choices. I prefer other places but this hotel is quite good. Great hotel but few good choices and nothing else around . Getting taxis here is also not easy. Comfortable beds and spacious rooms

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank JohnFoster68
Lazaro P, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Mr. Braddockrd,

Thank you very much for your review!

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel even though is not as close to the city center as you expected, even though we have great connections to the main attractions in Beijing.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Actually this time I got a much better room in which I had nothing to complain. Also they not forgot to give me an upgrade, xiexie.
About breakfast you might can discuss but for me its enough, just salmon is missing.
The bar is quite nice with just a few people in. Do not go there if you not like to smell like smoke.
Still Taxi is a problem.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kompuffu
Lazaro P, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for your loyalty to Pullman Beijing South and for sharing your experience once again on Tripadvisor. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain the quality of our service.

As you well mentioned, our Bar is the only smoking public area in our hotel and we have a wide selection of imported cigars to satisfy the needs of some of our guests.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

It was about In May 2013,I was in pullman,The waitress named Lucy gave the wrong room to me which I reservation.In Sepember. when check out,she let me pay for the Laundry Service,Waste much time.What a pity.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Li T

Dear Li T,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about our hotel with the Tripadvisor community.

I am sorry to know that you are not satisfied with our receptionist Lucy's performance. After the incidence we took the opportunity to rectify some of our procedures and we can make sure that it will not happen again.

I am also happy to know that you really enjoyed our rooms and that you gave such a high score to our cleanliness; we take pride in our cleanliness and attention to details.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I came to Beijing through the internal company transfer for a long term stay. To start my new life in Beijing i choose Pullman south before i find an apartment. Trust me undoubtedly its the best choice i made. Because staff here have been very professional and helpful. Everyone welcomes with a great smile which make relaxed in an entirely new and different country. Besides hotel related stuff they did help me in searching an apartment in the area of my choice and in my budget. I should specifically mention Mr.Lazaro, the Quality and Attitude Manager who has been very helpful in many aspects throughout my stay. I did observe the staff putting sincere efforts to speak good English. I can suggest this hotel to anyone who come to Beijing and wants to stay in Yizhuang area (Economic and Trade development area).

Room Tip: Currently the higher floors above 10 only have the WiFi and i am told that they are working on enabl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Balakrishna M
Lazaro P, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Balakrishna M,

It is a great honor for us to receive such nice comments.

At Pullman we always strive to give the best service and help our guests with whatever they need, therefore the Pullman Beijing South team and myself were more than happy to assist you in your move to China.

We really hope that you had a great experience in Beijing during the first few days of this new exciting period in your life, and you are more than welcome to come to us if you need further assistance.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I really don’t like going to Beijing, although I have to for business. I have only been in winter months and minus -10 degree temperatures; and on days of record levels of pollution.. (Enough that once my flight was delayed 5 hours while we await for smog to clear!) ..so that adds to my not being in the best of moods when traveling there.

Additionally you may know from my other reviews I am pretty fussy and critical at the best of times. How could I then have anything nice to say here...

Then, what a relief it is to arrive at Pullman South Beijing. Oh what a delightful and professional hotel; an Oasis in a frozen polluted maze. Great room and King bed - check. Fluffy white towels, robes and slippers - check, check. Nice food, good restaurant, great bathroom and good service – check.

Typically, slim flat pillows – Not check. I still can’t find a hotel with high pillows or a pillow menu other than at the Hilton. Although I guess most people don’t use them.

If you’re a business traveler into Beijing you cant go past the Pullman South. I will always stay here when I have to go to ‘smoke stack city’. I am actually back at the Pullman this Monday!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SmithersinAU
Lazaro P, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for such nice comments regarding our property. We are delighted to know that our guests find at Pullman that "home away from home" feeling.

I have shared your comments with our team and we would like to express our most sincere gratitude for sharing your kind words with the TripAdvisor community.

We are looking forward to having you again this week, and I would like to meet you personally. I will contact you privately if you don't mind.