Pullman Beijing South
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewscomfort foodgreat breakfast buffetbusiness hotelchinese charactersfront officerooms are cleanlate at nightbusiness districtsubway stationroom was largechinarepairtaxismallasian
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'm travelling to Beijing frequently, and have stayed at this hotel quite a number of times. The location is good for anyone doing business in the BDA area.

However, doing business these days often enough means having good access to the internet, and while that is challenging in many hotels in China, I find the quality of the internet consistently very bad in this hotel. Sometimes it is just very slow, other times it may be non-functional for hours. Really, really frustrating.

Also the quality of the A/C is very variable. Sometime nights it seems like it does not work at all, just creating noise. In Beijing, where opening a window is not an option, this is not good. I also have a feeling there is too much smell of "Beijing air" inside.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel is very far from the standards of a real 5stars hotel.
Rooms are dirty, the carpet is filthy,the window is so dirty you can't look through the glass,breakfast poor, staff speak very little English.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Pullmanhotels.com
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Overall:
- Hotel is in the economic development zone (industrial area) near the South 5th ring road, 1.5 hours from the city centre. Only stay here if you have business here. It's not for tourists because of the location.
- Good building, only international hotel in the area.

Lobby/reception:
- I arrived at 9pm and the non-smoking deluxe room i requested was not available. Receptionist acknowledged that I did request a non-smoking room so upgraded me to one on the Executive floor (more expensive if rack rate but no difference from a normal deluxe room)
- friendly and courteous check in staff
- Lobby is tacky, spacious but filled with a large amount of marble, gold-painted gilded style furniture. What you would expect from a high-class hotel in the late 90s or early 2000s catering to the Chinese nouveau riches.
- just a tacky little worn shop with weird and limited product offerings. A massage joint next to it. Joint is the word.

Room:
- in the elevator up to the rooms there were 2 women whom I thought were guests. One helpfully told me that if I wanted a foot massage there was one in the lobby. They got off on different floors, but not before the one in a leather jacket hurriedly and quietly me told me to call extension 8766 if I needed a massage, they could arrange for a "boy to come to my room" (I am a female business traveller in business attire). Although this was not a surprise for a business hotel in the industrial zone, I did not expect this at a Pullman.
- spacious clean rooms, crisp and clean bedding, but the bed was too soft and I sunk into it, woke up thus morning with a sore back n neck.
- Bathroom clean and large, but the drain stank.

General: expect a well kept, clean, but tacky business hotel

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed at Pullman hotel once during my visit to Beijing . Nice hotel located at the heart of the industrial hub , but is far off from the International Airport. However it will take approx. one hour to reach the airport through express way in the normal traffic condition. The rooms are quite spacious , neat and well maintained. The restaurant is big and has good variety of foods to choose. Some of the staff are good in English and so foreigners will not be having any problem . The front lobby area is very spacious and can be used for small business meetings. Overall a wonderful experience. Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Lazaro P, Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

We very much aporeciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Beijing South and it's always a pleasure to received positive feedback. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The rooms are nicely furnished and decorated, and the way the bathroom has a window against the bedroom is a nice touch. However, having stayed here for a couple of weeks in January, I have a few gripes.

I think this hotel is fairly new and I have certainly no complaints regarding cleanliness but you can already see some wear and tear. For example one window in my room had gaps that were taped up--not very professionally maintained. Obviously there was still a lot of cold air being drawn in. The toilet commode was lose.

The A/C providing the heat had a very hard time warming up the room even after letting it run for several hours. Besides, it is quite loud so you can't keep it running at night if you want to get some shut-eye. Depending on your neighbors, you can smell smoke drawn in from other rooms. I believe it comes through the A/C.

The internet is quite spotty and ping time is often long, no matter if you use wireless or cable.

The bedding is excellent and you have a choice of cushions. The towels, however, always have a bit of a funky smell. I don’t understand why they can’t be of the same quality as the bedding.

Even though there is a large variety of things to choose from at the breakfast buffet, I think it is catered more towards the Asian style with its heavy salads and other food you'd actually expect for lunch. Sure, you will find a large variety of breads but considering how many Westerners visit this hotel, it's surprising how little choice you have in marmalade, cheese, and the like. The four cereals they offer are of the sweetened type, so no real healthy muesli. As has been mentioned before, the offered food hardly ever changes.

You can't call the mini bar really a mini bar as the only thing you will find in there are a couple of bottles of water. Funny enough, on check-out they asked me if I took anything from it.

I'm allergic to smoke. When I was in the lobby, there were many Asians sitting around smoking heavily despite clearly visible non-smoking signs all over the place. The staff didn't do anything about that. I think they should be more attentive.

The concierge is very helpful. If you need a taxi, they talk to the taxi driver to make sure you get to your intended place. Unlike mentioned by others, I never had any trouble catching a taxi as there was always one waiting outside.

This hotel may have the 5-star amenities but it certainly doesn't feel 5-star-like. Next time I will try the Holiday Inn Express next door. It just opened in December.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Lazaro P, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman Beijing South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your exprience at the Pullman Beijing South. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow me to experss my apologies.

Your feedback is very important to us and your concerns have been shared with all department heads at the hotel management morning briefing.

At Pullman, we strive to provdie a superior service experience for every customer. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. It's our hope that your will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future