Park Plaza Beijing West
Hongfu Plaza(Beijing)
Wanshou Hotel(Beijing)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Personally speaking, I like the area and the hotel, it is a good price for value and it has actually exceeding my expectations. I used my Carlson Club Gold Points to book the room for 4 nights (20,000 Club Carlson-Points + Cash = Superior Room) and added another 6 nights for a deluxe-room.

About the concierge: I'm well settled with Chinese to handle it, but for testing I pretended not to understand and asked some questions in English, there is English assistance available and check-in went smoothly.

02.00pm would be check-in-time, but room wasn't available, after showing the reservation details it was suddenly available. For 4 nights RMB 3,000 have been taken as deposit / it is around 50%+ from the actual rate of 4 nights. (credit card is fine).

The lobby: it looks pretty luxury and good, will attach some photos in this blog, for your reference.
The room: clean and tidy, attention to detail, safe deposit box is available, internet available in the room, desk in the room, also very convinient. Surprised that there is an umbrella in each wardrobe that you can borrow, but of course need to return.

Fitness Center is fine, not extremely special, but a place to do some exercise. Especially in Beijing people like to eat meat and salty, it might be necessary to get into level 3 for at least an hour. After that we trurly deserve such "guilty" meals with calories. (first burn, than earn! :-)

Frankly speaking, if you are taking "number 11 bus" in Beijing (walking), it won't be necessary to do running / walking in the gym at all.

Between airport and hotel: no need to take a taxi, just take air-train from the airport (Level B1) and get a ticket for RMB 25 to Dong-Zhi-Men Station, than take subway line 2 to FUXINGMENG, than interchange to subway line 1 to WU-KE-SONG Station.

The hotel is near to subway-line 1, Wuke-Song-Subway Station, exit B1, than follow the road down to the cross-road and turn left, cross another two roads, it will be right there on the left side.

Room Tip: Premium Rooms may go unsold and can be offered at check-in for as little as 38 CNY extra per night No need take a taxi, but if you are going for a taxi, make sure you have the Chinese address / plus the cross road. In cities such as Shanghai it is fine to mention the road name and number, but at there need to mention both, without that the taxi-driver would get confused.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank SQUALO85
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Our tour group used this hotel instead of the Doubletree which we had been expecting. So I was disappointed with this choice. The good: rooms are ultra-modern, beds are comfortable (I like FIRM mattresses), refrigerator in room, umbrella and every bathroom convenience in room, spacious lobby, breakfast buffet, free internet access in business center in lobby, friendly front desk staff. The not-so-good: minor repair needed and reported in bathroom was never attended to, wait for food in dining room late at night was unbelievable; some guests walked out after waiting futilely for over 1/2 hour for food; room service alternated between swift and unbelievably long in response time; only moderate English skills of front desk staff.
Overall- experience was fine, but I would not choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LaceAce
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I spent 6 nights at the hotel for a conference. The hotel is modern and clean, and the rooms are extremely comfortable and well appointed. I believe I can say it was the nicest shower of any hotel I've ever stayed in (and I stay in a lot of hotels). The breakfast buffet had something for everyone. The fruit in particular was very good.

Now for the down side. First and foremost, it's a long way from anywhere you might want to go. To get into town, you can take a cab or the subway. Beijing cabs are very reasonable, but while cab drivers are happy to take you into town for the meter rate, they don't like to go out of town, and will try to jack the price up. They start at about three times the meter rate and you can haggle them down to somewhere between the meter and 50% over. If you take the subway, it's the better part of a mile walk (or bus) to the Wukesong station, but that's line 1, which will take you right to the center of town.

Also, I have a lot to keep track of when I travel, so I rely on the internet, and the internet at the hotel was *horrible*. There's only wireless in the lobby and lounges. The rooms have only wired. The bandwidth is very slow and the entire network is down about 25% of the time.

I'm not sure if some large fraction of the staff was in training, but simple operations like checking in and out invariably led to confusion, animated discussion, and generally took much longer than they should have. This is compounded by the fact that they seem to do a lot of business with tours, so there may be big crowds at the desk. Allow yourself plenty of time to check out.

If you're coming to Beijing as a tourist, definitely look for somewhere closer into town. If you have a reason to be in this area, this is a nice hotel if you don't mind the bad internet.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank cirejcon
Reviewed 9 August 2012

My wife and I spent 5 nights in this hotel, which is a west of the center of Beijing. The rooms are large, very clean, and configured nicely. Probably the most comfortable bed we slept in during our China trip.
The breakfast buffet was plentiful, with lots of choices, including Chinese and some attempts at western food. But we enjoyed our breakfasts and they were great ways to start our days in Beijing.
The area around the hotel is quite safe, and there are lots of restaurants and shopping. There are a lot of students as well, since there is a university nearby.
It is located about 1 mile from a station on line 1 of the metro system. Taxis were plentiful and relatively inexpensive for local trips.
We had some issues that required us to call home to the US. The night manager helped us, and we were very pleased with the reasonable cost for a long phone call.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank David S
Reviewed 1 August 2012

The Park Plaza Beijing West is far out in Haidian, not too near tourist spots. Still, if the distance doesn't bother you, the hotel is nice place to stay. Most times I've found someone who speaks English to help me, since my Chinese is lacking. I was worried about the air conditioning, since my visit was in July, and some of the reviews identified problems with A/C, but it worked well during my stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business