All reviewsnice hotelthe ground floorstayed here for nightsforbidden citysubway
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Our room was large, modern, and clean. The room service was exceptional as were the people at the hotel registration desk. All were welcoming with a smile.
Breakfast buffet had a large selection of American favorites as well as Chinese dishes and great coffee. Free WiFi was a plus. The exchange rate at the front desk is better than the bank's exchange rate. The area around the hotel was safe for a night walk.
By taxi it took about 30 minutes to get to Tiananmen square and the forbidden city, the summer palace, and most other attractions. PS. taxi prices are very reasonable.
I highly recommend this hotel during your next visit to Beijing

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Room and hotel condition's good.
Very nice bed and the room is huge!
only that the transportation is only good to taxi.
Suggest that add a shuttle bus to metro station.
My room's close to the street but still very quiet.

Room Tip: become a member
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bo H
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I was here on business and the location suited me but this hotel is a long way from the sights.

Room very comfortable. Free internet which worked well Staff friendly but limited capabilities in English. Bathroom spacious and well supplied.

Breakfast catered for Western. Asian and European tastes.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JimS48
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I am another Grand Circle Tour person Nov 9 -12. I also agree that the rooms were clean, comfortable, modern, and equipped with everything I needed. Breakfast was terrific as was their restaurant. This was the very start of a 3 week trip. The airline nearly ruined my suitcase. I hoped for a solution that would keep it going until I had free time to shop for a new one. A young woman, Snow, at the front desk understood the problem. She took my suitcase to their engineer. Within 1 hour it was fixed. It lasted through the rest of the trip. So not only was I please with the hotel, I am grateful.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank fl_tropic_gal
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I too stayed with a Grand Circle Tour from Nov 9-12, 2012. Room was clean and in great condition, breakfast was a terrific blend of western, European and Asian offerings, staff had sufficient English to get by but would have made life easier if they had been more fluent. The only beds that was acceptably soft during our 3 week travels - all other hotels had the hard (way past firm) mattresses considered desirable in China. Lobby and public areas were nicely decorated. WiFi was free and worked well. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo