“Nice place..friendly staff”

Ranked #161 of 935 Speciality Lodging in Beijing
Harbin, China
“Nice place..friendly staff”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed there along with my wife and 9 months old baby for 4 nights from 4th to 8th August.
Nice friendly place with polite and friendly staff. Rooms are clean and the AC worked well in our room. Not noticeably noisy for a room on the main road side.
There was a sort of ventilation duct looking thing going from one wall to another at about 170 cm off the ground so I had to be careful when I went towards the window to avoid hitting my head, screws and supports were sticking out.
The toilets are shared but I found them clean at all times. The staff was very diligent about that.

There is a KFC very close by (about a minute away, on the left)
There is also a pretty good super market a bit further down the road on the left.
There is a proper good restaurant serving Xinjiang and other ethnic dishes. Its next to ICBC atm machines and its just short of line 6 stop, it is usually quite full too.
There is a smallish Halal food place about 1 minute walk away near the cross roads on the right.
Several banks near by, enquire at the reception.
BTW all directions from perspective of facing the road! NOT the hostel.

It is equally close to line 1 and line 6, I found line 6 easier (and slighly closer), less traffic on cross roads that way and lesser rush in the subway + more escalators on the new lines which made it easier for us since we had a baby in a stroller to carry around.
Coming from line 1, you will see more shops and small food places on your way.
There are bus stops both sides of the road pretty close by, personally I did not try the buses out. A friend took me to the sanlitun area by bus, but I don't remember the number now.

The entrance to the hostel is pretty inconspicuous and easy to miss. If coming from line 2 two, once you cross the cross roads with the overhead walking bride on the left, you will see some really rundown building on the right side of the road.. the hostel entrance is opposite that, close to the gate of some apartment block. Look at the photos here on trip advisor.
From the line 6 keep an eye out for KFC on the right and after KFC, it is about 1 minute, on the right, after the black gate, a few stairs go up to the main entrance. (which is a door, not a gate)

I'd also like to mention that I loved their pillows, they are filled with some sort of plant stuff that flows like large grains of sand. It molded very comfortably to my head. Loved the pillows!!

Cons:
One problem we faced was the noise from some renovation in the building block. Somewhere above our room (like 2nd or 3rd floor it seemed) renovations were going on so there would be occasional noise of grinder since 9 AM. It was not continuous but it did disturb my sleep.
1st night power sockets were not working, they said it was due to the rain the night before. It was just a little rain! they promised to get it fixed in the morning and by the time we came back the next day it was working.
They have little strips of paper hanging near the main door with directions to famous tourist attraction but I found them very brief. Better write down or download and print info on places you want to visit.

We also saw some famous buildings on nightly walks, i-e the CCTV and Trade Center buildings. Just go out and right, make a right at the cross roads and keep going for 15-20 minutes(you will also find a 24 hrs mcD on that road)

If you are on a budget, I'd recommend it. Their posted price is 228 RMB but we managed to get them to 200/night since we were staying for 4.

We checked out an hour late, they did not even mention it..

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road can have rumbling when large vehicles pass by while the windows are open.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Saif R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Good place to stay with descent rooms but shared amenities.Good WIFI. The staff are really friendly and even will research buses routes and numbers of how to get to places. The main train line is about 5 to 7 minutes walk and is 6 stops to Tian anmin east Station.
The only thing that would make this place better would be ensuits.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I found a good offer for this hostel, so I took a double private room, which was really good, enough space and clean.
About the toilets, no comments
This place is good if you have a shrot time in Beijing, and you only need to go there for sleep. Is close to one station in line 2, just 10 minutes walking, but they don't offer food service and they don't have many turistic information. The staff is friendly and nice but they don't speak a good english.
They have computers with free internet

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 May 2009

We stayed in this hostel for 6 nights. It was the best thing we could do. We booked a room for 4 persons. Room was very spacious and clean. Hostel is situated in a basement in the business district - we could travel everywhere due to the near metro station.

Bathrooms were very clean. And the staff is really friendly. Then helped us with anything.

We had a great time there.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends