“Just OK”

HuTong Pizza (HouHai GuanShan Pizza)
Ranked #193 of 12,754 Restaurants in Beijing
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Houhai
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Out of way in the Hou Hai area, this restaurant is not worth the trip. Pizza was just OK, but $30 for two pizzas and two sodas of this quality is over the top. I had the pepperoni and chicken pesto. The crust is way too thin and hard. If I had a craving for pizza, I'd look somewhere else, for sure. Yes, portion size is large, but I'd rather have less quantity and more quality.

Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Nice pizzas and even better setting. Great for that night when you want to get away from the Chinese food. But skip their milkshake.
FYI: A small pizza is a normal size pizza (Swedish standards)

Reviewed 11 May 2013

An excellent choice if you want a pizza fix. It serves the best pizza,s in Beijing ..order the pepperoni and Parma ham and forget the shrimp pizza. After a few days of chinese you need a fix of pizza. They also serve pasta and hamburgers. It's in a hutong in the busy lake side area. Although the local is in a bi street so watch out where to turn from. Small place so calling them for a table is a good idea. On weekend they don't book.

Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

We always head up the alley to Hutong Pizza when we visit Hou Hai. They cater well for adult groups and families. The pizza is huge and delicious! If you order white wine, it may not be cold so be prepared to add ice cubes.
A firm favourite!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We all love Chinese food, don't we ? But to be honest...sometimes, especially when u r a western guy, that pizza graving comes for sure...
Was checking reviews here and was quiete excited to get there. After 3 Taxi drivers refused to drive me there (I assume they don't know the way) I got on Beijing main railway station and I took me about 25 mins to get there (27 RMB) , I arrived and found my way to Hutong Pizza(after asking 3 more people for the way)... It is worth the long way, I'm telling you.

I love the fact that Hutong Pizza is still a hidden gem, nestled in a little courtyard, nice atmosphere.
I first walked into their kitchen, but the entrance is next door...the kitchen looked cleaned and organized.

Arrived there I seated outside in the courtyard, ordered a small pepperoni and black pepper pizza. And as all other reviews, YES !! Small pizzas are big and if you are very hungry it's enough. Or 2 girls can order 1 small pizza to share, it's more than enough. The pizza costs me 80 RMB, small Tsingtao beer 15 RMB. I waited 15 mins for the pizza to arrive.
I sprinkled a little grated Parmesan cheese on top, delicious !!!

The only negative thing is the service...poor English, and not really interested in their Guests...they can really improve, in case the owner reads my review, I will happily give you details and tips how to be better.

I will be back, the best pizza I had so far in china :)