“average food”

ZiSu Ting Restaurant (Xingfu)
Ranked #2,760 of 12,840 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Reviewed 29 June 2013

i dont really know what the hype about this place is. the food is average, the service is below average, and unless you've been there before it's not that easy to find.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

The location is convenient, located directly across from the Worker's Stadium it is easy to find and easy to obtain a taxi both to and from. The interior is cozy yet contemporary, and all purple (which I think is fun). The food here is excellent. Best Thai in Beijing and very close to the Thai we had when visiting Thailand. They have high chairs for children. We have always gone earlier in the evening because we have kids and have never had an issue getting a seat, but I do think that later in the evening reservations are recommended.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

We ordered several starters and mains to try a variety of menu items. The best was easily the spicy pork lettuce wraps. Fantastic! The worst was the vegetarian spring rolls (paper) that were not even edible. This can't be the best Thai food in Beijing.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

While the food is great and I can't fault the restaurant's cozy atmosphere, I find it puzzling that most expats in Beijing hail Purple Haze as one of the city's best Thai restaurants. Sure, it uses all the ingredients you would normally associate with Thai cuisine i.e. coconut milk, lemongrass, green mango, shrimp paste etc, but the cooking methods and presentation are far from Thai. I grew up in South East Asia and have traveled extensively through Thailand, and have tasted far more authentic Thai food. I would visit Purple Haze because it's near my apartment and I enjoy the food (even though I find it a tad too pricey for the portion size), but would hardly recommend it to anyone specifically looking for Thai food.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

This was a great thai restaurant, all the food we had was tasty and made a nice change from Chinese. A word of warning though - do not follow the map on trip advisor, it is nowhere near the right location. This is actually located on Xingfuyicun 4th Alley (near Hooters) - check out google maps for the real location.

Well recommended though and they managed to cater for gluten free for me (I had a thai curry and some fish). They have a good selection of beers and wine by the glass too.