“Very good food”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Guomao
Reviewed 28 July 2013

the pork knuckles are awesome! Very tasty and tender, never mild the name. If you are looking for something a little different this is the place for you.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Location is great. Sit in the beer garden and look over the beautiful Ritan park. The beer garden is behind the a little boring front entrance. This part is the reason why to visit this place. And, yes, the (German) beer they offer is in a large variety. And it is good! The downside? The food. The food is average (I am not from Germany but I have visited this place also with 3 German friends and they confirm - food is average). So the four 'stars' is not for the food. For me it was 'ok' but it did not bring me into any 'overly happy' state. I visit 5 times already - definitely worth a visit, since it is a small Oasis! But do not go here for an excellent food experience.
Finally, Do not expect cheap prices. But not overwhelming also. A small meal for around 10 USD

Reviewed 4 June 2013

So my German friend brought me here one night since we were both sick of our regular place (both expats); since then I've been three more times ... its pretty good!

I actually like it a lot more than Paulener Bruhaus in Liangmaqiao for a few reasons:

1) They have real imported German wheat beers (non pasteurized) instead of the Bruhaus's home-brew which is made with Beijing water
2) Its smaller and generally has more foreigners
3) They have live music (might just be the weekends but the Filipino guy is awesome)
4) The patio is killer ... and not swarmed with 200 locals getting wrecked on Liter beers

Its asparagus season right now and they have "Fukashima" sized asparagus ...

1  Thank CanadianFarhad
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Lots of options at reasonable prices. I though the sauerkraut with sausage was really good and the pretzel was yum! Very nice interior too!

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Good solid food and plenty of it! The kids particularly enjoy the mashed potatoes and the many different sausages. I like the different snacks like fried mushrooms and aspargus with bacon. Nice and cosy place, good service.