“Nice views, despite the smog.”

Seasons Park Ruizhi Service Apartment
Ranked #1,898 of 6,556 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 22 October 2012

After a long journey to Beijing, getting checked in was fairly easy and simple. I was surprised that I had to leave a deposit as this was never mentioned before. The room itself had some signs of water damage and whilst generally clean, some of the utensils were pretty old and needed replacing. The bathroom, where the water damage originated, was clean but did need some redecoration. I never used the cooking facilities (much cheaper to eat out), but other facilities ie washing machine was okay, although the clothes horse was broken. Getting in and out of the complex was good, and security aspects were all in place. Overall I would stay there again, but I would certainly want to have a look at the room before I moved in.

Room Tip: Have a look at the room first.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 September 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this "hotel"... really needs to be noted that it is not a hotel. These are old apartments in a shared building with other Chinese residents. There is no real service here. A front desk with a young girl who sleeps on a cot behind it. No manager or assistance of any real kind and language skills are very limited. You are in a compound back in some old neighborhood with very limited taxi service without walking. No subway without a 20-25 minute walk.

The room itself is pretty tired. Lots of poor upkeep. Mold in the bathroom and lots of dings, dents and scrapes all over the walls. The water pressure was good and shower hot, but you feel like you are showering in someone's apartment... toiletries are limited and a hodgepodge mixing. Toilet seat was broken.

It was nice to have a kitchen, but again we felt like we were using someone personal kitchen with a mix and match of glasses and silverware that needed to be thoroughly cleaned before using. We would not have felt comfortable cooking there due to the cleanliness of the kitchen overall.

Laundry machine instructions were all in Chinese and when we asked for assistance to use it, again the language and customer service was extremely limited. We were worried about ruining clothes, so we opted to get a laundry service just next to the building. Too bad because we had really counted on laundry machine to help us save money while traveling.

Over all we can not recommend staying here. Just too many small issues which made our stay in Beijing less enjoyable. A few more bucks on a better hotel would have been well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank _Martin_Family_01
Reviewed 8 September 2012

After spending 7 nights in this hotel I would HIGHLY recommend not staying here. The rooms are extremely mis-represented on the website. They are older, and the two rooms I stayed in smelled like smoke. They say non-smoking rooms, but there are ashtrays and signs saying to not put the butts out on the floor. There is no health club as advertised either.

Lastly, they accused me of breaking the washing machine in the room... which I assure you that I did not do. They could not show me proof of this, not a repair receipt to show the exact amount spent. I spent 1 hour arguing on the phone with the manager (who was never to be found during my stay) about this and they would not give me my entire deposit back. I was going to continue the fight until the poor girl who was running the desk that day told me that she would have her pay docked by the boss if I did in fact win the argument in the end.

I would highly advise you not to stay here. It was already at the low end of my hotel experiences... and I have lived in China for 5 years and know some low ones. It is just not worth the small amount of money you will save. Enjoy your experiences elsewhere in Beijing for just a little more money. Best wishes!

Room Tip: Do not stay. It is unfortunately a bad, bad experience
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed here for a exactly a week on a business visit and was charged a reasonable ¥480/night. Colleagues from my company have stayed here before and given it high marks. In fact, I overlapped with two satisfied colleagues, so my expectations were correspondingly high. One told me that he put down ¥10,000 in advance, which entitled him to the ¥480 room for ¥400/night On this plan, if you have credit left after one stay, you can keep your account open and return to continue working it off.
This place goes by multiple names, Seasons Park Apart Hotel, Haishe(ng) Hotel, and Cosmopolite Apartments, are a few of the others. It’s not clear what names refer to the hotel, which to the complex, etc. I’ve no idea what the reason for this marketing strategy is. Anyone know? Tax evasion?
The location is perfect! Near to the Australian Embassy and close to the Dongzhimen subway station, which has two lines and the airport express service. There are also plenty of good restaurants and convenience stores around, so getting established in the neighborhood is fast and easy. If you need hard-to-find western foods, e.g. ground coffee, try the supermarket in the basement of the Ginza Mall right at the C exit of the Dongzhimen station, enter next to McDonalds and go downstairs.
The Link rooms are scattered through buildings in the center of the block and consequently very quiet, and there’s a nice courtyard with guarded gates around the buildings. I was in 26-1, sixth floor. The pictures on the web site are realistic. Nice place. My room was well appointed, with microwave, a double range top, drip coffee maker, toaster, and crockery and silverware for two. I was there during a cold spell. On several days it never climbed to zero, so I was particularly appreciative of the heating, which worked perfectly. My room was always warm and never stifling. And there was a WASHING MACHINE, which worked perfectly! You can get an ironing board and iron delivered to your room by asking the reception. You can save an awful lot compared to hotel laundry services. But read on, you may not want to. My room had wifi, which worked adequately. It was occasionally slow, but was good enough for typical use, e.g. I listened to internet radio with no problems.
The experience was between hotel and apartment. In many ways, this was like living in a cute tiny apartment perfectly situated in Beijing, but to make life even better, a maid came in every day and restored it to perfect cleanliness.
My problems started the day before I left. The closet has heavy doors and when I yanked one of them open, it came completely free and slammed on the floor. I wasn’t hurt and upon inspection, it was clear the door had only been hanging by a couple of tiny screws loosely driven into the particle board frame. In fact, it’s clear maintenance isn’t their strong suit. The bathroom tap was only standing limply upright, and felt like joystick to use.
I’m sure you can see where this story is going. When I went to check out, the receptionist wanted a ¥100 penalty to put the two screws back in. The door was never properly installed in the first place and no way was I going to give them ¥100 for jeopardizing my safety and my trip. After an approx. 15 min argument in minimal English, I turned it over to a Chinese colleague over my mob. to continue. They insisted that if you put an ironing board in a closet, the doors inevitably fall off. Everyone knows that after all! About another 15 min later, they agreed to a ¥50 settlement. A short-run victory for them, but they’ve lost perhaps ¥50K of business from my company over the next year or so. I wouldn’t expect any western notions of liability to prevail, i.e. they rented me an unsafe room and should be compensating me for the hazard I was exposed to, but some common business sense doesn’t seem too much to ask. One colleague had a similar slanging match with them over a broken coffee carafe. We were seriously considering establishing a contract with them for our frequent Beijing visitors, occasionally quite long term. We made this very clear to them, but they went for the ¥50, so that’s that.
This is an economical and very comfortable place for an extended stay in Beijing, but since they don’t seem to have any maintenance staff or equipment, you should bring along a few tools and some basic hardware supplies.

Room Tip: Thoroughly check out everything in the room, fixtures, doors, appliances, etc., before you commit to...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Today I went to the hotel to get some information about the price of a double bedroom. The staff couldn't speak English and were very rude to me. They were just standing there and laughing at me!!! They didn't helped me at all. So I will never book a room at this hotel! The people at the frontdesk should be get fired as soon as possible.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I visited Cosmopolite Hotel last October (10/11) again almost two years after I stayed there previously. The hotel has good location, is equipped with full kitchen, including microwave and fire plate, in-room washing machine and safe. Two bottles of water have been provided free of charge daily without a charge. Room is very spacious, has free internet and a convenience store and a laundry shop is just downstairs. The hotel is about 20 minute walk from Dongzhimen Airport Express station what allows you to get to and from airport for meager 25 RMB and in just 15 minutes.

The room has however obvious signs of neglect through out. There were extensive signs of water damage that were covered with patches of paint that did not match the wall exterior color. The poorly designed showers flood the bathroom floor, causing also visible water damage to the bathroom door and hallway wall, and remain untreated. The bathroom sink is placed on a sort of a wooden table that I am sure it would looks fancy had it not being unused. But usage left extensive water damage to the wood finish, and it is obvious that it is just not suitable for bathroom use. The room was supplied with just one set of towels even though I booked it for 2 people. The towel situation has been remedied but it took me couple of reminders at the reception. Safety box is not attached to anything what kind of defeats the purpose... However the safety box is a descent size and easily fits my laptop. I mentioned that only because during my recent trip to SE Asia I noted a few miniature safety boxes that could barely hold anything inside.

The nearby school has some sort of laud outdoor drills around 8 am during the week that may disturb some if you plan on sleeping past that hour.

So would I stay there again? Probably yes, but the price is not as competitive with newer and better maintained hotels right across the street and constantly opening up in Beijing. I would say that the hotel rooms are badly in need of renovation and possibly some redesign work should be considered to resolve flooding bathroom issues.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not facing the nearby school if you like to sleep in on weekdays.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 December 2010

I stayed there for almost two weeks. Agreed with one of the previous reviewers. First the bad things: taxies cannot come to the door so you have to schlep your suitcases from the front gate to the apartment and that is a bit of a hustle. Poorly constructed showers were flooding the whole bathroom during shower and even spilling over to the room. This is a service apartment embedded within regular apartment building and my apartment happened to be next to aspiring cello player....

Now the good things - location, walking distance to Sanlitun area - shopping, dining, entertainment. A mini convenience store located on premises. My room included washing machine, cook top, fridge, TV, DVD player, a safe deposit box and free internet. No foreign channels on TV though... Rooms were clean and warm. At first there was only one set of towels in the room but after requesting an extra set, this issue has been resolved.

Depending on what you looking for, with the exception of this annoying overflowing shower, the rooms are OK. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo