“The reviews are spot on - terrific hotel”
Review of Fairmont Beijing

Ranked #20 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I selected this based on Trip Advisor reviews, and the hotel exceeded my expectations. I used their car service from the airport - incredibly smooth, very professional. They called me while I was in the car - very nice touch. Check in was great and was nicely upgraded to a Junior Suite. I also upgraded to their Gold Service. I'm very glad I did - great room, food, drinks. The room is one of my favorites. It was a beautiful, relaxing place to get away while in Beijing. The fitness area is incredible. I will definitely book at the Fairmont on my next trip.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Joern S, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent trip to Beijing and are delighted to learn that we were able to live up to your expectations.
We are very fortunate to have a great rooms product, and am glad to see that you enjoyed our Fairmont Gold experience. The Junior Suite you mentioned in your review is also my favorite room type in the hotel.
As mentioned above, it is extremely gratifying for us to see that we were your relaxing retreat after busy days of exploring the sights and sounds of Beijing and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Fairmont Beijing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,594)

Reviewed 21 September 2012

I found this using this website and had the most amazing stay.

The location was great, I used taxis and the metro system both very a handy location.

The room was amazing and the view was also very impressive!!!

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to the suites, they are top class
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This hotel is wonderful. Could not fault it in any way and could not want for anymore whether in china or a more weastern country. The staff on the front desks were wonderfully helpful too directing us to the metro and a great dinner. Rooms are large and very well equipped.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kellie526

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Beijing and for taking the time to share your experience.
We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel or any other Fairmont hotel in the not-too-distant future.

Personal Regards,

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I stayed at Fairmont Beijing for 2 short trips to Beijing in Sep 2012.
My review is very consistent with other travelers'.

I live in China and travel extensively within and outside the country.

What struck me first was the staff: the level of english was far superior to any other hotels in china, the staff were very attentive, responsive, down to earth and any request was promptly met, sometimes going beyond expectations, which is exceptional in china.

No unpleasant attitude displayed like in other 5* hotels. That really "did it for me". Hotel management are to be commanded for their recruitment and training. This is a significant advantage for foreign travelers.

Special thanks to Cece at reception, Xavier and Kai in the gold lounge who were always pleasant and present, without being intrusive, to ensure my stay was enjoyable.

Room: very spacious, nicely laid out, nice fabrics, excellent toiletries (Le Labo) and high and constant level of cleanliness.

Food: ate at the chinese restaurant downstairs and had room service delivered to the gold lounge. High standard (try the burger and fries) and any dietary requirements were listened to and met.
The only recommendations I have would be i) to ensure the dim sum remain warm and steamy and ii) to maybe look for an alternative supplier for croissants, pains au chocolat etc... which could be better - but finding a good bakery in China is challenging.

Bar: very good cocktails - sip a mojito listening to the band playing...

Unfortunately, i didn't have the opportunity to try the health club or the pool.

All in all, a simply delighful stay and as Fairmont says... a home far away from home.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank mister_foxLondon

Thank you for staying with us during your recent business trip to Beijing. We are so pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us! Having become your home away from home is the biggest compliment you could make us. I have taken the liberty of sharing your review with rest our colleagues who expressed a deep apreciation for the time you have taken to recognize their efforts.
I have also shared your comments about the breakfast pastries with our Director of Food and Beverage who will review our bakery standards with our Executive chef, as all of our breads and pastries are actually made in our in house bakery shop on a daily basis.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experiences and we do hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

An island of serenity and comfort in a controversive town. All restaurants and bars offer fabulous cuisine, the fascilities are amazing and the stuff was of immense help for everything from organising a sightseeing trips and shopping tours to supplying with specific items.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Milena P
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stayed at the Fairmont for our 25th wedding anniversary and brought our kids along. This is more of a business hotel but they were wonderful in accommodating and hosting our family. For us the trip was about the Wall and the Mall. The concierge was very helpful in setting up trips to historic destinations and local restaurants. Even coordinated a hard to find tee time at an exclusive country club for me that I was unfortunately not able to make. The property is also a short walk from great shopping at the silk market. We went 5 times.
The Cut is a great steak house and the rooms were perfect. They arranged a suite attached to a junior suite for us. Will always stay there in the future.

Room Tip: Get the gold level upgrade.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I along with 2 friends enjoyed a truly enjoyable 8 day stay at the Fairmont Beijing. We booked gold club rooms where the service was amazing. The staff in the gold lounge led by the outstanding Xavier supported by Natalie and colleagues made our stay truly memorable. The breakfast service was excellent and at the end of a long tiring day, we were made welcome and able to relax and enjoy afternoon tea.

Likewise in the evenings, after dinner, we were wonderfully looked after in the Lobby lounge by Linna and Pinky, however, I must add that the Hotel staff throughout the Hotel were excellent. The concierge staff accommodated our every tour and transport requirement. The went the extra mile plus to satisfy our requests.

An outstanding Hotel, I rate the the Fairmont Beijing as one of the finest (if not the finest), most welcoming, comfortable and professionally run run Hotel I have had the pleasure to stay at. Should either my friends or I return to Beijing anytime, the Fairmont would most definitely be our Hotel of choice.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Derek H
Joern S, Director of Rooms at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel during your recent holiday in Beijing.

We are delighted to hear that you and your friends had a great stay with us and are grateful for the recognition you have given to our colleagues. I have taken the liberty to share your feedback with the respective colleagues and they have expressed a deep apreciation for the time you have taken to recognize their efforts.
While we are lucky to have great facilities, it is our colleagues who truly make the difference!
Once again, thank you very much for sharing your experiences and we do hope to be able to welcome you and your friends back to our hotel in the near future.