Fairmont Beijing
  • Restaurant
US$161
US$113
1,638 results
All reviewsgold loungesilk marketgold levelcut restaurantgold junior suitejohn spoonernespresso machinebusiness districtpeking duckclub floorspecial thankslobby loungeconcierge teamwonderful hotelsubway stationwould highly recommend this hotelforbidden city
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stay at the Fairmont Beijing quite regularly on business. The staff, service, and facilities are tremendous and provide me with everything I need in my "office away from home". I would be remiss if I didn't specifically mention the staff of the Gold Lounge (Leann, Natalie, Jesse, Dan, Ruby, William, Fei Fei, and Tiffany) who take care of my every need, whether I'm having a business meeting or just relaxing at the end of the day, with charm and smiles.

The entire staff from the Concierge, to the restaurant staff, to the housekeeping staff, to the front office manager are extremely helpful and provide a level of service second to none.

The hotel provides a wonderful and conveniently located facility for business meetings, which is strategically located in Chaoyang Business District. The rooms are very spacious with all the amenities you need to ensure comfort. The beds are extremely comfortable.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone staying in the area!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Joe H, Director of Front Office at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Glenn A,

Thank you for your excellent review! I'll be sure to tell Leeann and her team that you enjoyed the Gold Lounge. They'll be so happy to hear! At Fairmont our motto is to turn moments into memories, and I'm happy to hear that we were able to do that for you during your stay with us.
I hope you had a successful business trip. See you back again, soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

While I take note of the comments in regards to the rooms and service overall, this review focuses on a recent dining experience and my observations in general. On my arrival, unlike most 5 star hotels, there was no one to greet the car, open door etc. Upon entering, even though it was lunch time, the place was devoid of any activity. I chose to dine in the Lobby Bar area and try the afternoon tea set (based on the savvy recommendation of the server). Service was fine, quite attentive. However, the Lobby Lounge area is a bit run down, the chairs appear well used, with numerous marks, scuffs and appeared worn and dirty. Which I found a bit off putting. The food being the afternoon tea set is fine for two persons, and well presented, however, on the sandwich side, the bread was dry and tasteless. the cakes small but okay. Not sure about the demographic or clientele of this hotel, however, I was only one of three party's seated. the other two consisted of a canoodling couple and another couple that felt it was perfectly fine to take out nail clippers and proceed to clip, clip away at their nails. Yuk. I was keen to leave at that point and don't think I will be back, let alone plan a stay there. While existing the Hotel, the doorman had appeared and seemed quite unhappy that I wanted a Taxi (and eventually assisted with some reluctance). Pretty much sums it up really.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AnthonyHKHongKong
Michael G, General Manager at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2015

Dear AnthonyHKHongKong,
Thank you for your feedback and choosing our hotel as your preferred hotel during your visit to our great. I’m sorry to hear that we were not able to wow you with our service. We will follow up internally in each of the areas to ensure that future guests do not have the same experience and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I recently stayed on a business trip to Beijing. The rooms are spacious and luxurious, with a good attention to details, such as a working area with a desk for a laptop and sockets to charge phones and laptops etc. The bathroom was huge, with a wet room as well as a large bath, and the bathroom even had its own TV, in addition to the one in the living room/bedroom.

The staff were fantastic - they all spoke English and did everything they could to be helpful and informative.

The only thing that spoiled the trip was the high level of pollution outside - obviously not the fault of the hotel - although the air quality inside the hotel didn't seem that good either. Presumably they filter the air, but I am not sure.

1  Thank Ali186225
Joe H, Director of Front Office at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Ali186225,

Thank you for your review! I'm so sorry to hear that the only reason that you gave us a 4 star instead of a 5 is because of the air pollution. We were actually featured in China Daily for an article on the battle against air pollution in Beijing. We're very health conscious at the hotel and every guest room in the hotel has air purifiers that are monitors and updated on a regular basis. I hope that you'll be staying with us again on your next business trip to Beijing. Rest assured that when you're sleeping and fully relaxed in your bed that the air you're breathing is clean.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Fairmont was our first stop on an 18 day tour of China, after we arrived in Beijing following a 13 hour flight. A relaxing soak in the beautiful tub, with a glass walled view into the room, eased the tension of jet lag. The toilets in the rooms are of the high end Japanese style, with no need left unmet - quite a contrast to the standard squat toilets available elsewhere in China. The breakfast in the Lunar 8 restaurant was good, fortunately, since we didn't find many culinary options within a couple of blocks of the hotel. The staff were friendly, and there were no communication problems, as it is an international hotel. The pool and spa, located in the bridge portion of the building spanning the street below, were beautiful, but we didn;t have enough free time to enjoy them as we would have liked. We would certainly stay here again when in Beijing.

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms here.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donnakmc
Joe H, Director of Front Office at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear donnakmc,

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! As a fellow frequent traveller I must say that jet lag is amongst the worst feeling. I'm happy to hear that a relaxing bath helped ease the tension. I hope you enjoyed the rest of our 18 day tour of China. It's a beautiful county with lot of history and culture. I hope that we were able to live up to the Fairmont name and that you'll be staying with us again upon your return to Beijing.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I feel like I'm being tough only giving this four stars, if 4.5 was an option that's what I'd give. First the positives, and the rooms are really spacious. I would certainly recommend paying the extra for a Gold Room, it got me an upgrade to a Fairmont Gold Junior Suite. Love the walk in robe and bathroom of the Junior Suite, and there is easily enough space in the main room to spread out. Another plus of this hotel is The Cut restaurant, which I found outstanding. I enjoyed breakfast in the Gold Lounge, very nice relaxed atmosphere and excellent service, but the selection, especially fruit, could be better. The location of the hotel is fine but not exactly standout - but that is more to do with Beijing than this hotel. The two most important aspects of a hotel for me, when I am on business, are the bed and the shower to make sure I am well rested and ready for the day ahead. I loved the shower here, very opulent, but I found the bed too soft, and thick plush tops aren't my preference - that is probably what made me drop the overall score from 5 to 4. A further minor point was the carpet. Very thick and nice but walking around on it in my socks I kept getting charged up and continually got little static electric shocks whenever I touched anything metal. The view is nothing special either. Expensive but no more than you'd expect for a 5 star.

Dear Richard L,

Thank you for your review on us. I appreciate you 4 star as if it were a 4.5. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed The CUT! It's named the best steakhouse in Beijing every year by local city guides. The static from the carpet is not year round, I promise. I hope that you'll give us another chance to make your stay perfect.