“My forever choice to stay in Beijing”
Review of Fairmont Beijing

Fairmont Beijing
Ranked #15 of 6,474 Hotels in Beijing
“My forever choice to stay in Beijing”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

An excellent hotel in overall aspects.

I wish I could have stayed longer at this wonderful hotel. The room amenities are truly first-class and the staff are very warm and welcoming.

The hotel's decoration is marvelous, I am very fond of the cultural artifacts therefore all the paintings and the decorative items in public areas make me feel like I am staying at the nobleman's quarter. The amber flooring & lighting give the mystical ambiance which mesmerize me during the entire stay.

I had the issue with the first room and after a call to the duty manager, he came to assist right away. A swift resolution was offered without hesitation and right on the spot - I was truly impressed.

My only minus point is the Breakfast venue. The lighting is not a bright enough to give me a sense of being awake, probably a personal preference to have a bright light while sipping my first coffee.

On the departure, I called to request for a late check out. The staff did not take a pause to grant me my wish - I was even more impressed.

Being in the hospitality industry myself, I applause the attentiveness of the entire staff which shows how well they are trained to delight their customers.

This hotel is my only choice if I would return to Beijing.

1 Thank Satchaphan P
Joe H, Director, Front Office Operations at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Satchaphan P,
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are happy to be your forever choice hotel in Beijing. I am happy see we were able to quickly resolve the problem you experienced in your first room, turning moments into memories and leaving you with a great impression. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to weclome you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 August 2014

First time to this property and stayed only a night.
Staff was super attentive and extremely helpful.
Hotel pickup service was luxurious and spot on - we needed an SUV cos we had too many luggages. Upon arrival, we were told by the hotel staff that the SUV was delayed, and they had arranged two BMW 5 series to pick us up instead. No complains.
Location is in the CBD so peace and quiet is assured in the evenings. 50m walk to a handful of great chinese eateries and a 7-11 for the last minute snacks and beers.

Will come back again.

Room Tip: Choose the room facing away from the main street to avoid morning and evening glares from the glass...
1 Thank WilsonfromDubai
Joe H, Director, Front Office Operations at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear AbuDhabiWill,
Thank you for your 5 star feedback for our 5 star hotel. We are elated that you found our hotel to have "excellent service with great rooms". We hope you tell your friends to stay with us on their vists to Beijing and hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed in Fairmont Beijing for 3 nights at the beginning of our trip to China. We got an warm welcome from the reception staff and our room was first class - definitely worth the money! Breakfast served was very good- there was pretty much something for everyone. My favourite dish was Chinese egg pancakes, but they only served it on our fist day. :( The hotel interior and furnishing was high quality and very pleasing to experience. The lounge bar on the ground floor was a perfect spot for a drink before our dinners or after long day sightseeing. Overall we enjoyed our stay very much and it would be our choice of a hotel should we visit Beijing again in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Aleksandra R
Your review has been very well recieved. Thank you for your feedback and commending our "well run, luxurious, and good value" hotel. It's great to hear you enjoyed your 3 nights with us and experienced a very warm welcome from our staff. Please let me know when you will be staying with us next and I will ensure that they have Chinese Egg Pancakes for the duration of your stay. We look forward to your next visit and thank you for your review.
Hong Kong
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Good staffs, especially Ms Dan, and good service at Fairmont Gold made my stay enjoyable, comfortable and memorable. I booked a Deluxe room and paid serveral hundreds to upgrade to a junior suite on Gold Floor where free breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening hors d’oeuvres pastries are offered. Foods in Lunar 8 is delicious, where roasted duck is a must try.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Eddy H
Dear Eddy H,
Thank you for your review and kind words for the "excellent service at Fairmont Gold". We are elated that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have personally sent your compliments to Dan and the Fairmont Gold Team. We hope you have the chance to stay with us again and wish you safe travels.
Ayamonte, Spain
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Fairmont Beijin. 22-8-2014
Room booked by Agoda. At a very nice check in by Adrian ( Thank you ) received an upgrade to a suite 819 . The suite is not only nice but very big .nice amenities a Nespresso coffie machine a very big bathroom and a very handy warrobe . Polite staff , good in room service . Location is very good. 300 meters from silk market and very close underground.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ches50
Joe H, Director, Front Office Operations at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear ches50,
Thank you for your review and 5 star rating. We are happy that you enjoyed your complimentary suite upgrade and added comfort. We also thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff, service, and location and hope to welcome you back in the very near future.
Nyon, Switzerland
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The hotel has a great location near all the sites and the subway. The plusses are:

1. Rooms are large and well laid out.
2. Nespresso machines in room.
3. Great tub and European shower.
4. Great bed.
5. Quite rooms.
6. The concierge was very helpful in arranging train tickets.
7. Great slippers.

Areas for improvement:
1. Room service was ordered for two days in a row and eggs benedict was cold both times.
2. Very slow wifi

2 Thank Brads P
Joe H, Director, Front Office Operations at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Brad P,
Thank you for your wonderful review and four start rating. Although a 5 star rating would have been excellent to recieve, we welcome your feedback and hope to achieve this on your next visit. Please reach out to me prior to your next visit so I can personally meet you upon arrival and ensure your stay is flawless. Again, thank you for choosing Fairmont as your preferred hotel in Beijing.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Tough to get taxis from the hotel and taxi drivers don't know it when you want to get back. Stay here only if you have a car booked for the day. Rooms and general ambiance were fine. Price was reasonable with the Fairmont loyalty programme special offer.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TCTF
Joe H, Director, Front Office Operations at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear TCTF,
Thank you for choosing Fairmont Hotel during your visit to Beijing. We are happy to see that our rooms and general ambiance were up to your expectations. On your next visit, I highly recommend that you use our "Take me Here" cards, located at reception and concierge for our guests to be given to taxi drivers. This will help taxi drivers locate our hotel easier. The cards include our address, phone number, a map and simple translations from English to Chinese. Furthermore, please feel free to call the hotel directly so one of our Royal Service Agents can assist on your behalf. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you soon.