“Absolutely Fantastic”

Ranked #15 of 6,474 Hotels in Beijing
Hobart, Australia
“Absolutely Fantastic”
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Staying at the Fairmont Hotel was the highlight of our trip to China.The rooms were impeccable,the service extraordinary and the tariff very reasonable.The thing that really set this hotel apart from the average high end hotel was that everyone...from maid to manager ...seemed genuinely friendly and genuinely keen to make sure that the stay was enjoyable.Stay here...you will NOT be disappointed

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 September 2010

We stayed in this Hotel in August, I went with my husband a two other friends. This Hotel is just perfect there is nothing at all I could complain about!

The Hotel itself is beautiful, great location, spotless clean and the rooms are just amazing, I would even go as far as saying the bed was one of the best beds I have ever slept in...just what you need in Beijing after a long day sightseeing. The bathrooms are equally good, the toilet seat even opens when you open the door! The curtains in the room open and close with the touch of a button! No expense has been spared while building this Hotel.

We also ate in the steak Restaurant in the Hotel, The food was amazing, however it did lack a little on atmosphere, but the Hotel is new so I guess that would be the reason, but if they keep up the amazing food I guess they place will be very busy...so enjoy the quite while it lasts specially in Beijing! We also ate Breakfast, which was the same as the rest of the Hotel 1st Class!

I should also mention the high level of customer service in the Hotel, there was a slight mix up with our room when we got there, but this was sorted in minutes and the Manager came to our room rather then us having to back to reception. Its the little things really that make a stay all the enjoyable. They are also very well informed and very friendly. The Manager of the Restaurant took time to come and talk to us about the Hotel and the too see how we where finding the Hotel.

All in all this Hotel is very high up on great Hotels around the world, I will tell all my family and Friends going to Beijing...STAY IN THE FAIRMONT!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
amsterdam
Reviewed 12 September 2010

I travel a great deal and have stayed at many an hotel in mainland China, including Beijing. The Fairmont is certainly the best in Beijing and one of the top ones in China. Impeccable service, large, very clean rooms, excellent bathroom with large shower, great beds, excellent fitness facilities, including large indoor swimming pool and spa. The rooms are quiet including the airconditioning system. The location could be slightly more central, although its proximity to the airport is an advantage. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
FairmontBeijing, Manager at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, 14 September 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and have rated us as "the best in Beijing"

I also noted your comment with regards to our service, the large guest rooms and fitness and pool facilities.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Everything is excellent about this hotel. Giant rooms. Nespresso machines, big tv, wireless keyboard for in-bed browsing, etc...

Service is in one word, Chinese. This means that most of the time it's not very good and if you find the one guy with good service he/she won't understand personal space (gym attendant). This doesn't apply to the bellhops. I think they get the most exposure to guests and are diligent, service oriented and friendly. I tip my hat to them.

I would gladly kill the concierge though. Nonchalant, jaded type (tall guy, no glasses).

Sadly, and of course without the help of the concierge, we discovered a strip of very good looking restaurants on the last hour of our stay. They're parallel to the main highway behind the BAO Steel and LG building.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 7 September 2010

my colleagues stayed at the new guo mao 3rd phase hotel which just opened but I wanted to try out the Fairmont which turned out to be a great deal in terms of value etc. I loved the toto toilet ( plenty in Taiwan but nice to see them here in Beijing ) my room was only rmb1888 for 2 nights (excl tax) and it was very comfortable and well located (even though it was so new no one seemed to know where it was) the spa was overpriced (90 min massage for RMB1400) but at least they allowed me to cancel my appointment two hours before the massage. the boutique stored some pretty interesting items but I hated being "followed" by the one staff there, sadly I didn't get a chance to try out any of the restaurants but the hotel is very centrally located from everything else happening in Beijing. the (not free) wi-fi was slow and not very reliable but overall the hotel was a fantastic bargain given the price and the quality of the rooms.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
FairmontBeijing, Manager at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, 8 September 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I also noted your comment about our WIFI - internet access not being complimentary. Actually when when you sign up for Fairmont President's Club frequent stay program, you will receive complimentary internet access. I do hope you have the opportunity to try our restaurants on your next visit as they are highly rated for the delicious choice of dishes and our level of warm and sincere service.

Reviewed 29 August 2010

We recently stayed at the newly opened Fairmont in Beijing and were blown away by the amazing room and service. The luxurious room resulted in wonderful night sleep after touring all day- despite traveling with three young kids. We were on the Fairmont Gold floor which included a delicious breakfast, hot mid-day snack and evening pastries in their Fairmont Gold lounge. Would definitely recommend paying the little extra for the Gold level. While the pool is not yet opened, Yuki from the spa arranged for a driver to take the kids and my husband to a pool while I went shopping! Hans, the general manager, the front desk and lounge staff all made us feel truly pampered! This hotel was way beyond our expectations - even for a 5 star hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review of the Fairmont Beijing.
We are happy to hear you enjoyed the Fairmont Gold lounge and facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

San Francisco
Reviewed 21 August 2010

Booked two nights at the Fairmont club level after discovering an opening special price of two nights for the price of one. For our family, we had a Grand gold room connected to a "gold " room. First, as a new brand new hotel, everything was pristine. The style is Asian contemporary. There were an overwhelming number of staff to guest ratio at the club level giving a sense of very personalized service for the breakfast, afternoon tea, happy hour and evening dessert. The rooms among the most spacious of any big city hotel I've ever stayed at. After rather hectic outings at the Forbidden City and elsewhere, we were constantly looking forward to getting back to the hotel. The only real drawback is the location. There doesn't seem to be much going on within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review with your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I also noted your comment about our location, actually we are well located for business and leisure travellers with the famous Silk Market only minutes walk away.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.