“amazing”

Ranked #16 of 6,462 Hotels in Beijing
park city UT
“amazing”
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Recently staying in this brand new hotel. It is very conveniently located in busy Beijing. It is by far the nicest hotel I've stayed in in Beijing. The service was amazing. I was greeted by name, and not just at the door but by several staff members. I had to change my plans a couple of times before arrival (and once while actually in transit) and the staff replied by email within an hour of my writing the hotel (and bear in mind this is a huge hotel). The rooms are amazingly comfortable with great bathrooms, plush beds and those incredible Japanese toilets that have enough settings to scare you. Beijing is a stressful city and this is a perfect retreat.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Glasgow
Reviewed 22 September 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Beijing Fairmont for 3 nights before travelling to Tanggu to take up a Rooyal Caribbean Crusie down to Hong Kong and I must say our stay here was one of the best ever.
We use Fairmont hotels often but this one is by far the top of the tree. We booked a club room with an airport pick up from the hotel and were met airside in the airport and whisked instanlty through customs and into the car and were at the hotel before others who we met later on the cruise had even cleared customs.
We then were met at the hotel front door be Kelly the club lounge receptionist who took us up to the lounge to check in and then on to our room which was fab.
I can honestly say everyone at the Fairmont from driver to bellhop to concierge ( who incidentally arranged and collected tickets on the bullet train to get us to Tanggu) and the aforementioned Kelly just could not do enough for us.
The location of the hotel is also very good as it is minutes from the subway which is on Line 1 direct to the Forbidden City and Tienaman Square. The Silk Market is also very close although we felt everyone in there was in your face too much.
Finally we would like to complient the management and all the staff at the Fairmont for giving us terrific start to what turned out to be a most fantastic holiday.

1 Thank Jimmsy
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 September 2010

After having spent 4 nights at the Fairmont, I have only but praise for the hotel. From the beauty of the hotel and the service of its staff, it was a great stay.

We booked an Audi pickup from the airport after a long flight from LAX. The cost was 580RMB and worth the cost to me. Airport concierge is there to pick you from from the gate and they guide you throughout customs and baggage. I did not really need it but it was a nice touch.

The hotel is about 30 mins away and when you pull up to it, it really is something. I loved the rose facade of the hotel. It is a big arch shaped building but the hotel only takes up one side of it and the other side is a business center I believe. We were warmly greeted outside and escorted to the lobby where the manager was waiting for us and greeted us while handing us her business card. No need to head to the front desk to check in, as they already had the room keys in their hand and escorted us to our room. The lobby, elevators and hallways were gorgeous with a Chinese modern touch.

We stayed on the 10th floor in a deluxe double room. The softest bed (which is what the Fairmont's are known for), plush carpets, state of the art entertainment, and the best bathroom. Huge and comfortable. We could not get over the toilet, it was awesome. The shower and bathtub were big and heavenly after a long day of sightseeing in Beijing.

I also used the fitness facilities and was amazed! On a top floor, you get to work out with some gorgeous views of Beijing. The equipment is some of the best available and they even provide pilates machines (such as a reformer) and a yoga studio. I was balled over. There is someone there to assist you if you need it and water and fruits are provided everywhere you look.

The hotel is situated in the business district. The subway is a 3 minute walk from the hotel so I found the location to be fantastic. It is in a very modern area of Beijing. The Silk Market is across the street (about 7 mins away). I really did not like the SIlk Market. They are too in your face, it got tiring after a while. Besides, I thought the shopping was better overall in Shanghai.

But above all, the hotel really stands out with it's service. Everyone we came in contact with was sweet and helpful. From Lunar 8 for breakfast (great service) and the concierge (tickets, directions, etc) the staff was wonderful. Kudos also to the management, Daniel Min and Roland Wang. We had a small problem regarding some charges, and they went above and beyond. They responded in a timely manner and solved our issue. Everything about this property is 5 stars.

1 Thank kguerra
FairmontBeijing, Manager at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, 21 September 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the kind comments.

I was pleased to hear that you appreciated our limosuine service and greeting from the gate of the plane, we beleive that this added service will make our guests feel comfortable as soon as they arrive in China, especially if it's your first trip.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and especially your mention of Roland and Daniel who assisted you during your stay, I will be sure to thank them and pass on your kind renmarks.

Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Hi,

I have been in many hotels in my life, some of them, chosen the best ones in the world, and I use to travel all around the world for business and leisure all year round. I got very interested and pay attention to all details at all the hotels I stay, because I studied International Hospitality and Tourism Management in Switzerland and in Oxford Brookes University, and even if I am not in this business field today, I like to observe it.

The Fairmont Beijing, is a 5 stars hotel located near the Silk Market in Chaoyang district, it is totally new, and I think it is around 1 year old. The service in this hotel is top of the top in China, I Have been living in China the last 5 years of my life, and I have to say, the staff and service in 5 stars hotels sometimes is difficult to adapt to foreigners, because the culture and education. This hotel, they will really care about your needs from the first moment, they will try to make you feel comfortable in all ways, and always with a smile, from the reception, to the Gym, or to the maintenance.

I booked a Faimont Gold Room for 2 nights, with a 50 square meters room which have all facilities and amenities that you can imagine, where you can realize they pay attention to every single details, using top quality products, from a nespresso machine, to the decoration, bed.... just amazing. The room cost me 300 euros, or 2700 Chinese Yuan, Including breakfast, use of all facilities for free, and also the special check in and special lounge on the 20th floor, where you can have refreshments all day long for free. By the way, you can have also a late check out which is around 3 PM.

I studied every single details of this hotel, and their staff, and I have to say that they make an amazing job, with a good management to select best of the best personnel, and to tell how to treat customers, taking always actions and never reactions, which mean, always caring about you.

Details, meaningful details is what makes the difference in a 5 star hotel, and to consider it exceptional and outstanding. My girlfriend got sick, constantly coughing and with a flu. So we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant Lunar 8, the food is nice, and not expensive at all, but the service here is one of the best in hospitality. They realized that she got a cough, and the waiter brought a cammonmile tea for her (without asking for it, and what is more, they did not include it in the bill), they took constantly care, and raised the temperature of the air conditioner, and offered some blankett.

I know the staff and the hotel is new, so I wonder how good they will get after they get full experience, because you can see they can make little mistakes due that is new, like the charged me the room 2 times, but they advised me about this mistake and tried to do all to solve it to not make me worry about it.

Even with this little mistake, I have to say this is the best Hotel I have stayed in my whole life, and I have stayed in more than 200 hotels, and more than 500 days, and in more than 15 countries, in my whole life, even if I am only 30 years old.

Please, if you stay in this hotel, write your experience and tell me about it, and if you agree with it.

1 Thank cibercule
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I also noted your comment with regards to our service, and noted that we had taken special care of your girlfriend who had a bad cold during your stay. I have passed on your positive feedback to the restaurant manager so he can reward his team. I do hope she is feeling better now.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Staying at the Fairmont Hotel was the highlight of our trip to China.The rooms were impeccable,the service extraordinary and the tariff very reasonable.The thing that really set this hotel apart from the average high end hotel was that everyone...from maid to manager ...seemed genuinely friendly and genuinely keen to make sure that the stay was enjoyable.Stay here...you will NOT be disappointed

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 September 2010

We stayed in this Hotel in August, I went with my husband a two other friends. This Hotel is just perfect there is nothing at all I could complain about!

The Hotel itself is beautiful, great location, spotless clean and the rooms are just amazing, I would even go as far as saying the bed was one of the best beds I have ever slept in...just what you need in Beijing after a long day sightseeing. The bathrooms are equally good, the toilet seat even opens when you open the door! The curtains in the room open and close with the touch of a button! No expense has been spared while building this Hotel.

We also ate in the steak Restaurant in the Hotel, The food was amazing, however it did lack a little on atmosphere, but the Hotel is new so I guess that would be the reason, but if they keep up the amazing food I guess they place will be very busy...so enjoy the quite while it lasts specially in Beijing! We also ate Breakfast, which was the same as the rest of the Hotel 1st Class!

I should also mention the high level of customer service in the Hotel, there was a slight mix up with our room when we got there, but this was sorted in minutes and the Manager came to our room rather then us having to back to reception. Its the little things really that make a stay all the enjoyable. They are also very well informed and very friendly. The Manager of the Restaurant took time to come and talk to us about the Hotel and the too see how we where finding the Hotel.

All in all this Hotel is very high up on great Hotels around the world, I will tell all my family and Friends going to Beijing...STAY IN THE FAIRMONT!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
amsterdam
Reviewed 12 September 2010

I travel a great deal and have stayed at many an hotel in mainland China, including Beijing. The Fairmont is certainly the best in Beijing and one of the top ones in China. Impeccable service, large, very clean rooms, excellent bathroom with large shower, great beds, excellent fitness facilities, including large indoor swimming pool and spa. The rooms are quiet including the airconditioning system. The location could be slightly more central, although its proximity to the airport is an advantage. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
FairmontBeijing, Manager at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, 14 September 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and have rated us as "the best in Beijing"

I also noted your comment with regards to our service, the large guest rooms and fitness and pool facilities.