“An absolute gem - fabulous stay”
Review of Fairmont Beijing

Fairmont Beijing
Ranked #15 of 6,491 Hotels in Beijing
Rockville, Maryland
“An absolute gem - fabulous stay”
Reviewed 14 October 2010

This hotel is fantastic. Service is really exceptional from the manager on down. The manager solicited our opinions on how to make it better and everyone made sure our stay was the best ever. Health Club and spa are great, and the room is extremely plush and comfortable. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Good location; good on site restaurant; all the amnitiies you could want, and the best sevice possible.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 2 October 2010

I am currently using the hotel wifi to write this review. Firstly we are traveling with 2 kids age 3 & 2. The hotel checkin was smooth. Bell men nice and helpful as well as the rooms are amazing. The rooms are so modern and the nice wooden baby crib is great for our 2 year old. The deluxe king room has a couch and we just turn it around for our 3 year old. The tv doesn't have childrens show so best to bring an iPhone to plug in. The DVD player has a USB jack so maybe try a jump USB drive with movies on it for the kids if you plan a visit. The fairmont has been very helpful ( Elton and Dave) in the lunar 8 restaurant in getting kids meals for my kids. They go above and beyond service. The spa and pool are now open and look great. Nice steam rooms and gym is 24 hours and offers free red bull. Nice! Hotel location is literally 200 meters from silk market. Sometimes cabs have a tough time finding it, so tell them it is behind the LG building and is attached to the reignwood building. If you see the Starbucks next to the silk market it is directly across the street and down the road. I am very impressed with the hotel and they have been wonderful with making my kids comfortable. They even gave them a gift at dinner last night. Highly recommend this hotel and will be sad to check out in 3 days. But will be back in 5 days. So can't wait.

• Stayed October 2010
New Hampshire
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed here during the hotel's "soft opening" phase, but everything was still great. The rooms are top quality, and the beds were very comfortable. The location is pretty good, and taxi's are very easy to find. Generally, most taxi's could find the hotel when returning, but because the hotel was still pretty new, some of the taxi drivers didn't know where it was.

Also, we arranged for a private car transfer from the Beijing airport. I highly recommend this. It was relatively cheap and a representative met us at the airplane door, escorted us through customs, got our baggage, and escorted us to our private car (in a special underground waiting area away from the crowds). The car then took us to the hotel, where the staff greeted us by name, and walked us to our room where we were checked in (we didn't even have to stop at the front desk).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tacostuff
park city UT
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Recently staying in this brand new hotel. It is very conveniently located in busy Beijing. It is by far the nicest hotel I've stayed in in Beijing. The service was amazing. I was greeted by name, and not just at the door but by several staff members. I had to change my plans a couple of times before arrival (and once while actually in transit) and the staff replied by email within an hour of my writing the hotel (and bear in mind this is a huge hotel). The rooms are amazingly comfortable with great bathrooms, plush beds and those incredible Japanese toilets that have enough settings to scare you. Beijing is a stressful city and this is a perfect retreat.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Glasgow
Reviewed 22 September 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Beijing Fairmont for 3 nights before travelling to Tanggu to take up a Rooyal Caribbean Crusie down to Hong Kong and I must say our stay here was one of the best ever.
We use Fairmont hotels often but this one is by far the top of the tree. We booked a club room with an airport pick up from the hotel and were met airside in the airport and whisked instanlty through customs and into the car and were at the hotel before others who we met later on the cruise had even cleared customs.
We then were met at the hotel front door be Kelly the club lounge receptionist who took us up to the lounge to check in and then on to our room which was fab.
I can honestly say everyone at the Fairmont from driver to bellhop to concierge ( who incidentally arranged and collected tickets on the bullet train to get us to Tanggu) and the aforementioned Kelly just could not do enough for us.
The location of the hotel is also very good as it is minutes from the subway which is on Line 1 direct to the Forbidden City and Tienaman Square. The Silk Market is also very close although we felt everyone in there was in your face too much.
Finally we would like to complient the management and all the staff at the Fairmont for giving us terrific start to what turned out to be a most fantastic holiday.

1 Thank Jimmsy
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 September 2010

After having spent 4 nights at the Fairmont, I have only but praise for the hotel. From the beauty of the hotel and the service of its staff, it was a great stay.

We booked an Audi pickup from the airport after a long flight from LAX. The cost was 580RMB and worth the cost to me. Airport concierge is there to pick you from from the gate and they guide you throughout customs and baggage. I did not really need it but it was a nice touch.

The hotel is about 30 mins away and when you pull up to it, it really is something. I loved the rose facade of the hotel. It is a big arch shaped building but the hotel only takes up one side of it and the other side is a business center I believe. We were warmly greeted outside and escorted to the lobby where the manager was waiting for us and greeted us while handing us her business card. No need to head to the front desk to check in, as they already had the room keys in their hand and escorted us to our room. The lobby, elevators and hallways were gorgeous with a Chinese modern touch.

We stayed on the 10th floor in a deluxe double room. The softest bed (which is what the Fairmont's are known for), plush carpets, state of the art entertainment, and the best bathroom. Huge and comfortable. We could not get over the toilet, it was awesome. The shower and bathtub were big and heavenly after a long day of sightseeing in Beijing.

I also used the fitness facilities and was amazed! On a top floor, you get to work out with some gorgeous views of Beijing. The equipment is some of the best available and they even provide pilates machines (such as a reformer) and a yoga studio. I was balled over. There is someone there to assist you if you need it and water and fruits are provided everywhere you look.

The hotel is situated in the business district. The subway is a 3 minute walk from the hotel so I found the location to be fantastic. It is in a very modern area of Beijing. The Silk Market is across the street (about 7 mins away). I really did not like the SIlk Market. They are too in your face, it got tiring after a while. Besides, I thought the shopping was better overall in Shanghai.

But above all, the hotel really stands out with it's service. Everyone we came in contact with was sweet and helpful. From Lunar 8 for breakfast (great service) and the concierge (tickets, directions, etc) the staff was wonderful. Kudos also to the management, Daniel Min and Roland Wang. We had a small problem regarding some charges, and they went above and beyond. They responded in a timely manner and solved our issue. Everything about this property is 5 stars.

1 Thank kguerra
FairmontBeijing, Manager at Fairmont Beijing, responded to this review, 21 September 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the kind comments.

I was pleased to hear that you appreciated our limosuine service and greeting from the gate of the plane, we beleive that this added service will make our guests feel comfortable as soon as they arrive in China, especially if it's your first trip.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and especially your mention of Roland and Daniel who assisted you during your stay, I will be sure to thank them and pass on your kind renmarks.

Kind regards,

James Bevans
Resident Manager
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Hi,

I have been in many hotels in my life, some of them, chosen the best ones in the world, and I use to travel all around the world for business and leisure all year round. I got very interested and pay attention to all details at all the hotels I stay, because I studied International Hospitality and Tourism Management in Switzerland and in Oxford Brookes University, and even if I am not in this business field today, I like to observe it.

The Fairmont Beijing, is a 5 stars hotel located near the Silk Market in Chaoyang district, it is totally new, and I think it is around 1 year old. The service in this hotel is top of the top in China, I Have been living in China the last 5 years of my life, and I have to say, the staff and service in 5 stars hotels sometimes is difficult to adapt to foreigners, because the culture and education. This hotel, they will really care about your needs from the first moment, they will try to make you feel comfortable in all ways, and always with a smile, from the reception, to the Gym, or to the maintenance.

I booked a Faimont Gold Room for 2 nights, with a 50 square meters room which have all facilities and amenities that you can imagine, where you can realize they pay attention to every single details, using top quality products, from a nespresso machine, to the decoration, bed.... just amazing. The room cost me 300 euros, or 2700 Chinese Yuan, Including breakfast, use of all facilities for free, and also the special check in and special lounge on the 20th floor, where you can have refreshments all day long for free. By the way, you can have also a late check out which is around 3 PM.

I studied every single details of this hotel, and their staff, and I have to say that they make an amazing job, with a good management to select best of the best personnel, and to tell how to treat customers, taking always actions and never reactions, which mean, always caring about you.

Details, meaningful details is what makes the difference in a 5 star hotel, and to consider it exceptional and outstanding. My girlfriend got sick, constantly coughing and with a flu. So we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant Lunar 8, the food is nice, and not expensive at all, but the service here is one of the best in hospitality. They realized that she got a cough, and the waiter brought a cammonmile tea for her (without asking for it, and what is more, they did not include it in the bill), they took constantly care, and raised the temperature of the air conditioner, and offered some blankett.

I know the staff and the hotel is new, so I wonder how good they will get after they get full experience, because you can see they can make little mistakes due that is new, like the charged me the room 2 times, but they advised me about this mistake and tried to do all to solve it to not make me worry about it.

Even with this little mistake, I have to say this is the best Hotel I have stayed in my whole life, and I have stayed in more than 200 hotels, and more than 500 days, and in more than 15 countries, in my whole life, even if I am only 30 years old.

Please, if you stay in this hotel, write your experience and tell me about it, and if you agree with it.

1 Thank cibercule
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I also noted your comment with regards to our service, and noted that we had taken special care of your girlfriend who had a bad cold during your stay. I have passed on your positive feedback to the restaurant manager so he can reward his team. I do hope she is feeling better now.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,