Feitian Hotel
US$564
US$361
Travelocity
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I was on a trip with my wife and kids to Beijing which was organised by the school. The plan was for full immersion in Chinese for the week with the kids going to local schools and activities with the parents in the afternoon.

What I did not bank on was an unpleasant hotel stay. Even though we were on a non-smoking floor, the room stank of cigarettes and people were happily walking by smoking, even in front of staff who said nothing.

The beds were hard as rocks but I am told that is the Beijing way. I normally don't go for massages but I had to have two on this trip!

The bathroom was smelly and moldy and the rooms were not properly cleaned up in the mornings after we left.

The door closed very fast, so fast in fact that my 6 year old son got his hand caught in the door!

The food was average at best and I tried it all being fairly adventurous with food (don't ask me to eat the deep fried scorpions though!). Though I am not a big fan of baked beans, you know you're in China when they're soya beans!

The service was OK once you got their attention. The building itself is very dated and really needs a facelift.

On the plus side the location is good and they gave free internet access even thought it was slow.

Overall I enjoyed my stay in Beijing and will probably go back again. The next time though, I will organise the trip myself, especially the hotel!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank darrencerasi
Reviewed 1 September 2011

The hotel was good, stay ambience, breakfast served. But the biggest hassle at this hotel is communication. If you don't know Mandarin or Cantonese, please please don't go there. None of the staff is capable of speaking English. It took 2 hours to explain them that I needed a plate & two glass in my room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sudeesh74
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Stayed there for 4 days. bad location . the staff doesnt speak any english.
first room we got was very bad , second after many hours trying to understand each other was better.
if you dont speak Mandarin -dont go there , its an hotel only for chinees people.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank EitanIsrael
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights. Our family had two rooms where one had a really bad odour coming from the bathroom drainage, we complained at reception but the problem was not fixed. And the reception girls are rude and need to smile more, however the doormen were very helpful when it come to hailing at cab.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Stayed here in Jan 2011 for two nights. Very clean and internet worked great. Spacious though the shower head could use an upgrade. For less then 500RMB a night this worked well for my budget. However, the location is really inconvenient. No restaurant around nor any fast food. On a night out I had to get off two taxis coz the drivers didn't know how to get to the hotel.

If you are traveling to Beijing and you knew you would spend little time in the hotel - this may be an option giving the price. Otherwise, you may want to consider other options - I knew I would.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business