All reviews wangfujing street forbidden city great location business office walking distance close to major attractions palace museum wifi speed translation app steamed buns rooftop bar basic amenities non smoking room egg station stayed here for nights minute walk oriental plaza
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel is close to Forbidden City, Tiananmen SQ, train stations (line 1) and Wangfujing Street with all the shopping and many restaurants. Train will take you to the silk market (Yong Anly Station) and to the Summer Palace (exchange train in XIDAN Station) Train fare is 2 Yuans buses 1 Yuan. Other places to visit are The Heavenly Temple next to the Pear Market, Yashow market (get a taxi) Beihai Park and the Great Wall our favourite is Mutianyu. Google it
If you go to The Lama Temple, across the road is the Confusius Temple.
Hotel checking in and out was good, english at reception was good and very helpful girls.Room for 3 was nice, bit dark, shower was great, free bottled water a bonus. 4th floor room with a view to the city and double glassed window kept the noise down. Not the best WiFi but it was free
I won't recommend the tourist office of this hotel, couldn't even print my boarding passes.
I would recommend this hotel, we didn't try the restaurant cos the many restaurants in Wangfujing Rd., next time in Beijing I'll stay in this hotel and same room.

Room Tip: High floors with city view windows
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Enriqueduardo
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Just left beijing on the 22nd of May after a 5 night stay at the tianan Riga hotel. Not a bad hotel in fairness. Great location near the forbidden city and Tiananmen Square. And also close to Tiananmen east and wangfujing rd metro stops. The hotel itself was a bit tired in places. But very clean. The staff on reception didn't speak the best of English. ( better than my Chinese though.!!) but always tried to be helpful. I booked a business room with city view. Got the room, but not the view. Be careful, when booking this room. It had a small narrow window about 2 feet wide and about 8 to 10 feet long. Where the wall meet the ceiling. (Hence no view whatsoever) but not a problem, as we were never in the room for long periods of the time. One plus is the roof bar terrace. Great for a few beers and a relax after a long day of marching around beijing. Transportation around beijing is easy the metro is user friendly and very cheap. 2 yuan per single journey. (20p) taxis also cheap and honest. One word of warning though. We had a ride on a little motorised scooter one day. ( two seats behind the driver) half way back to our hotel another one turned up and asked my girlfriend to use that one as we were both to heavy for one vehicle. (Rubbish, both slight) this was a obvious scam. When we got close to our hotel they pulled into a little side alley and tried to charge me 300 yuan (£30) for a 8 min ride. I refused, so it nearly came to blows. But they did manage to get £20 out of me. So my advice don't bother with them full stop.!!!

Room Tip: Go for deluxe
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steelman14101
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The position is amazing! the hotel is between the Forbidden City and Wangfujing, one of the main shopping street. The rooms are quite big and confortable, but depends what you've booked. We had booked a superior room without a view and we decided to upgrade it.. They have given us a room with the view on the forbidden city.. bigger, very beutiful! The staff generally speaks a good english and I strongly recommend to take their business card to show to the taxi drivers, they usually don't know at all English and this is the easiest way to communicate!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank GaiaZ_13
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights with a friend, it was clean and had a great location as it was in walking distance of the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Oriental Plaza and subway stations. Most of the staff were friendly and there was always at least one who could speak English which was good. The only downfall was that our room was really hot and even with the aircon on 19 degrees, still didn't make a difference. But other than that, we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Xanth4
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is in a great location, super close to the Forbidden City, Tinanmen Square and the metro line. The rooms were average and quiet small, the air conditioner didn't work properly and we often found ourselves sweating in our room. The staff were okay, some more helpful then others. I would only recommend this place for its location and price. If you can afford to stay in some of the nicer hotels near-by I would.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends