All reviewswangfujing streetforbidden citygreat locationbusiness officewalking distanceclose to major attractionspalace museumwifi speedtranslation appsteamed bunsrooftop barcentral locationbasic amenitiesegg stationstayed here for nightsoriental plazabuffet breakfast
Reviewed 16 November 2017

From Singapore and first time in Beijing,stayed for 6 nights and enjoyed the close proximity to the subway and attractions.Despite the hotel being quite old and the small room not bright enough and with a window fixed upside down which is quite ridiculous.Housekeeping below standard,a/c not working but Front desk and Manager Joshua very polite and professional, overall quite satisfied. Hope they can improve on the standards and quality, otherwise will not consider to stay here again.

Room Tip: choose a room with full window and street view instead of half window facing the narrow airwell
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights during business trip in September. The location is quite good, 5 mins walk to nearest metro Wangfujing station and 15 mins walk to Tian Anmen and the Forbidden City (The Palace Museum).

However, the hotel is quite old. The carpet in the room seemed so dirty that I didn't want to walk on bare feet. The light in the room was so yellow that it gave spooky feeling. My eyes hurt because the whole room was too dark. Facilities and furniture were worn out. The air condition was dirty with lots of black dust visible on the A/C grille. I could tell that I do not like the room at all.

The service was acceptably good. Girl staff at front desk was friendly, cute and polite. But do not expect anybody to help you with the luggage or anybody to escort you to your room.

Breakfast was ok. At least, they had egg station here and I finally got to eat scrambled egg (even it was more like chinese styled scrambled egg) after I had been staying in 3 local hotels in Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Shanghai without egg station in their breakfast place. Fresh fruits, fresh yogurt, cheese, and variety of pastries are also available.

I would not choose to stay here again tho as I cannot stand the darkness and the hygiene in the room.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We loved our stay at the Tianan Rega Hotel because of the location and their hospitality. The good things: really good location close to Tiananmen Square and Wangfujing Street, there are some decent restaurants nearby. All the staffs were helpful. Sometimes it was difficult to make them understand what I wanted but they went above and beyond to help me. However, we didn't get to see the rooftop restaurants as it was always closed before 9pm. As mentioned by many other reviewers, the central AC system can be really disturbing sometimes as it takes too long to bring the temperature down. The hotel is located in a quiet place but it's close to everything you might look for as a tourist! Highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Proximity to the subway and bus lines was the main reason that I chose this hotel. I saved money by booking the windowless room after reading some other reviews. The room was small but comfortable enough. At first the a/c didn't work but they quickly sent a repairman and maid and they were able to fix it. The breakfast offerings were varied - but the same every day. The taxi that they got for me (the driver was actually already in the hotel talking to staff) to go to the airport tried to overcharge me it's a good thing that the lady at reception had already told me an approximate price of 120 RMB (he wanted 200!!) The only reason that I might choose a different hotel next time would be to stay closer to an airport shuttle stop. Otherwise, it was a pleasant enough stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Checked into this hotel with ease, thankfully they understood enough of my bad Chinese and English to converse.

Got upgraded to a suite for no extra cost which was a real bonus and was high up in the hotel where we were told we could see Tiananmen square... if it wasn't so damn smoggy.

The air-conditioning done a great job filtering out the smog, the room was clean, had some English speaking channels, free shower gel, toothpaste, brushes and was very quiet considering we were next to a main-ish road.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade - the large room we had was twice the price!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends