“Home away from home”

Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast
Ranked #44 of 6,527 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stay 2/3 of my time in Beijing away from home for business. Instead of renting an apartment, I stay at Beijing Marriott NE - I feel very comfortable there as follows
- of course recognition of my Platinum status - 2 gifts, access to executive lounge, room upgrade
Marriott knows my preference of the room and does the best to get the room of my choice.
- I have to check out and check in frequently due to domestic travel etc. At that time, I have to leave my baggages with Concierge and Beijing Marriott makes it very easy for me - just leaving baggages at the room and I get them back when I return.
- Executive lounge staff are well trained and their customized care and service is superb. They go extra miles for extra care and service beyond and above. Problem solving and issue resolution is excellent. Sometimes I get their help while traveling other cities in China.I can also practice my Chinese with the staff members as they are genuinely friendly.
- Food and restaurants are excellent. My favorate Starbucks is going to open soon too at the lobby.
- The hotel is located right next to the US Embassy and other enbassies, I feel very safe.
- When the air is clear, it is great to go to nearby Chaoyang Park for jogging and other activities.
- A variety of restaurants nearby - all kinds, various Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and western.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Neeraj_Govil, General Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Charles J from Seoul, South Korea,

It is truly a pleasure to know we made you feel like home during your stays, and we are eager to serve you in the every future trip to Beijing.

There are newer reviews for Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The staff in this hotel is excellent and friendly. Very helpful and efficient , great breakfast. Close to places like the Lufthansa Centre and Sanlitun as well as the embassies area. There are lots of restaurants on the same street. However, just watch out for cars and taxis when crossing the road because there are lots of cars turning at the major junctio just outside of the hotel. Recommended to download some offline GPS voice driving guide before you head out for taxis since a lot of taxi drivers don't know places very well.

Dear Amy L,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments with us. We look forward to have your next stay soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed for the mooncake festival holiday in the middle of a three week business trip. First impressions of the room were not great as it was quite tired and smelled of stale smoke, despite being a non-smoking room. My impressions improved all the way from there due to the fantastic service from the staff. Without exception they simply could not do enough for us. From breakfast t booking an excursion to the Great Wall to the very good restaurantsI cannot fault the staff.
I will happily stay again.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank John Y

Dear John Y,

Thank you for your valuable feedback regard to your long stay during Mid-autumn Festival. We do apology for the smoking smell in the room, and look forward to making your next stay more comfortable in the near future.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Due to the working reason, I spent most my time in Beijing in this hotel. 3days per week and 4 times per month. Each time I checked in, there is always a special gift waiting for me, it's not big surprise, sometime it's fruit, other time may be beverage, but it always made you felt warm in heart. For me the most warm thing is the smile from their staffs, no matter they are in front desk or executive lounge, everybody got familiar with me and we greet just like brothers and sisters.
It's nice and clean, rooms are big, it's also very convenient for air port, US embassy, Lady's street and Beijing CBD. Each evening I sit in the lounge enjoy the happy hours, I felt it's somewhere just like my home.

Dear Lv P from Beijing,

Thank you for your comments. We are very happy to know you had an enjoyable stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed in this room on my friend's Marriott points. The room was so large, I think we could have roller skated in it. They brought in a 3rd bed for my daughter and all were very comfortable. Huge LED TV with english channels. Huge bathtub AND separate shower. Overhead rain shower as well as handheld shower. blow dryer, shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion in the room. Great breakfast. Loved everything about it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear 7barb,

Thank you for your compliments on our products. We are very happy to know you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We chose this hotel because it's very close to the airport freeway and we have an early morning flight to catch. It's only 25-30 minutes drive to Capital Airport. I didn't expect too much for a nine hour stay, but this hotel surprised me positively. All staff were very nice and showed geniune care about your feeling. Breakfast at the lounge has a good variety of choices, though the lounge is a bit too busy in the evening.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Neeraj_Govil, General Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Ivwei1123 from Shanghai,

Thank you for you comments with regard to your experience. We are eager to welcome you back again during your future trips to Beijing.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights in August and that was the best stay that I ever experienced in Beijing! The big difference between this hotel and other hotels in Beijing that I've stayed is the staffs. They were warm and attentive from the time I entered the lobby, check in, breakfast, happy hours at the VIP Lounge, to my departure. A small technical issue in the room was resolved fast. The service overall made me feel like I was in a small luxury boutique hotel in Bali rather than a business hotel in the big city.

Overall a nice hotel stay experience! Again, the warm service attitude of the staff making the big difference. I really felt welcome! Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear The_2013traveller from Bali, Indonesia,

It is a pleasure to make your stay comfortable. Thank you for you kind words. We look forward to being of service again soon.