“Fabulous Hotel & great breakfast”

Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast
Ranked #38 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed here late August 2013 and absolutely loved our room, the service, the breakfast and even the buffet dinner. I stayed with my husband and had requested for a king bed in a suite, but when checking in they were all full and instead got twins in suite. Apparently it's based on availability when checking in, so I of course was a bit ticked off, but I understood. They gladly comped us a dinner in their buffet restaurant which per person it cost $80USD, so we were happy. Our room was lovely and the beds are so comfortable. Our bathroom was beautiful and we had great views from everywhere. The breakfast buffer is so tasty and the decor is very classy. I was in Beijing for 4 days and loved our hotel. We were part of a group tour with Charming Asia Tours and this is the hotel they use all the time and I was very impressed. Usually with group tours you always see hotels very crowded and tour groups everywhere, but we didn't. I liked everything. The service was superb. Also a lot of shopping and restaurants walking distance to the hotel. Really great hotel, I was very impressed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Neeraj_Govil, General Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear handycrafter77 from Los Angeles, California,

Thank you for your compliments on our products and service. We are very happy to know you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

The service of the staff the reception was efficient and you can feel the warm welcome. I was served a glass bottle of mango milk while waiting the staff attended to check-in my room. The whole process took only a few minutes, just enough for me to finish my drink. Good timing! And the guy was very kind to offer me a room up on higher floor - an unblocked view overlooking the city and it comes with a BIG and extremely clean bathroom - the perfect place to rest and relax after the long day! The bathroom is fitted with glass windows from floor to ceiling, with up/down buttons to adjust the blind. The beds are also very comfortable.

For such a good hotel, I personally feel that the breakfast spread wasn't very fantastic... Food in the restaurants within the hotel are rather expensive too. So what we tried to do was to go to the restaurants right opposite the entrance to this hotel. The food there was quite delicious so we had a few meals there.

As for the location of this hotel, it is quite subjective... If you are on business trip, I think it is quite near to those office buildings. But if you are here in Beijing for leisure travel, this might not be a good choice. It is not very near to any tourist attractions or subway stations.

Dear Piggogo,

Thank you for your valuable comments regarding your experience. We have been looking into the food selection for breakfast which you brought our attention, and hope to have an opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel is very nicely appointed and the rooms are generally in pretty good shape. The bed is comfortable and the bathrooms have nice fixtures. A great hotel for the business traveler. There is not much to see around this hotel, and with the pollution what it is in China, you rarely have a view out the windows. There are three dining options in the hotel and they are decent, but I don't choose a hotel based on the restaurants it has.

What sets this place apart from the others is the incredible staff. I have stayed here 3 times this year, and as soon as I get to the airport, their car service is always waiting for me with a sign. When we pull up to the hotel, they know my name as I'm getting out of the car, they know that I am riding the shuttle in the morning, etc. The staff at breakfast knows what I like to drink, what type of coffee I want, etc. I could not be more happy with the service I get here.

Most of the staff have a decent grasp of English, and concierge is going to be your friend to help you get where you need to go, as getting around the city in a taxi is difficult without Chinese speaking ability.

I will stay here every time I come to Beijing...........

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear BigYellow797 from Peoria, Illinois,

It is a great pleasure to have a very satisfied loyal guest with us. Thank you for your sharing! We are eager to be of service during your future trips to Beijing.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

This was one of the best hotels I have stayed at. The people were friendly, available, helpful and very efficient. Every where I looked, the staff had a smile on their face, and were always ready to assist. Highly recommended

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jon B

Dear Jon B from Tianjin, China,

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to know you enjoyed stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

It is very close to the embassies of many country in Beijing, including the United States of America, India, Israel, etc. It also has a small but nice gym and an amazing pool. The only problem is that it is a little pricey compared with other Marriott in the US.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bao D

Dear Bao D from Wilmington, Delaware,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to know you enjoyed stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Staff are great, helpful and courteous. Rooms are nice. The floors are quiet. Decent gym, cardio machines and weights. The only downside is the location isn't very convenient for walking anywhere for drinks or dinner.

Dear Justin D,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments with us. We look forward to have your next stay soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stay 2/3 of my time in Beijing away from home for business. Instead of renting an apartment, I stay at Beijing Marriott NE - I feel very comfortable there as follows
- of course recognition of my Platinum status - 2 gifts, access to executive lounge, room upgrade
Marriott knows my preference of the room and does the best to get the room of my choice.
- I have to check out and check in frequently due to domestic travel etc. At that time, I have to leave my baggages with Concierge and Beijing Marriott makes it very easy for me - just leaving baggages at the room and I get them back when I return.
- Executive lounge staff are well trained and their customized care and service is superb. They go extra miles for extra care and service beyond and above. Problem solving and issue resolution is excellent. Sometimes I get their help while traveling other cities in China.I can also practice my Chinese with the staff members as they are genuinely friendly.
- Food and restaurants are excellent. My favorate Starbucks is going to open soon too at the lobby.
- The hotel is located right next to the US Embassy and other enbassies, I feel very safe.
- When the air is clear, it is great to go to nearby Chaoyang Park for jogging and other activities.
- A variety of restaurants nearby - all kinds, various Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and western.

Dear Charles J from Seoul, South Korea,

It is truly a pleasure to know we made you feel like home during your stays, and we are eager to serve you in the every future trip to Beijing.