Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast
Hilton Beijing(Beijing)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsthe executive loungegreat hotelembassy areachaoyang districtclose to the airportbreakfast and dinnerrooms are spaciousbusiness tripseparate showerairport expresschinese restaurantchecking inlobby barring roadenglish speaking staffsubway stationtaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the Marriott Northeast. As you enter the lobby, it feels more upmarket than other Marriott branches I’ve stayed in. The room and bathroom were spacious with a very comfortable bed. Everything was very clean as you would expect from a chain like the Marriott.

The breakfast was good although more skewed towards Asian cuisine than international choices. The Indian restaurant at the hotel is great.

The service overall at the hotel is good with polite staff. However, it was frustrating as some staff at the reception and concierge desks had limited English so it was difficult to get clear answers from them. Similarly, staff at the spa spoke no English except for the receptionist so you have to tell her the type of treatment you want etc.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Neeraj_Govil, General Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Yamama A from London,

Thank you for you valuable comments. We are continuing to work on ensuring that our hosts are able to converse in English, and hope will welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I've stayed here 5-6 times this year. The staff really make an effort to make me comfortable and get me anything I need. There's so many great people there like Michael, Mimosa and William at the front desk and Jason at one of the restaurants. The staff in the executive lounge are awesome also. It's always great to have a familiar face remember my name. The staff have all been outstanding.

The rooms are good - about what you would expect for a newer Marriott. One feature of the rooms I really like is the ability to plug the audio and video from my laptop into the TV (cables are provided in the room) to watch my favorite TV shows on my laptop.

My only disappointment there has been ordering steak at the restaurants - 5 star prices for a mediocre steak.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear TonyJKent from Seattle, Washington,

Thank you for your feedback. We will recognize to the hosts that you have singled out, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

When I am in Beijing, I always stay in this hotel. The service is just immaculate and it is on walking distance from Lucky Street, and a mere 10 min taxi ride from the Lido area and Sanlitun. Great breakfast too!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms facing south, tend to get very hot in summertime. Ask for room 2718 and you will never be disappointed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Henri B from United States,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to being of service again during your future visits to Beijing.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed here late August 2013 and absolutely loved our room, the service, the breakfast and even the buffet dinner. I stayed with my husband and had requested for a king bed in a suite, but when checking in they were all full and instead got twins in suite. Apparently it's based on availability when checking in, so I of course was a bit ticked off, but I understood. They gladly comped us a dinner in their buffet restaurant which per person it cost $80USD, so we were happy. Our room was lovely and the beds are so comfortable. Our bathroom was beautiful and we had great views from everywhere. The breakfast buffer is so tasty and the decor is very classy. I was in Beijing for 4 days and loved our hotel. We were part of a group tour with Charming Asia Tours and this is the hotel they use all the time and I was very impressed. Usually with group tours you always see hotels very crowded and tour groups everywhere, but we didn't. I liked everything. The service was superb. Also a lot of shopping and restaurants walking distance to the hotel. Really great hotel, I was very impressed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Neeraj_Govil, General Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear handycrafter77 from Los Angeles, California,

Thank you for your compliments on our products and service. We are very happy to know you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

The service of the staff the reception was efficient and you can feel the warm welcome. I was served a glass bottle of mango milk while waiting the staff attended to check-in my room. The whole process took only a few minutes, just enough for me to finish my drink. Good timing! And the guy was very kind to offer me a room up on higher floor - an unblocked view overlooking the city and it comes with a BIG and extremely clean bathroom - the perfect place to rest and relax after the long day! The bathroom is fitted with glass windows from floor to ceiling, with up/down buttons to adjust the blind. The beds are also very comfortable.

For such a good hotel, I personally feel that the breakfast spread wasn't very fantastic... Food in the restaurants within the hotel are rather expensive too. So what we tried to do was to go to the restaurants right opposite the entrance to this hotel. The food there was quite delicious so we had a few meals there.

As for the location of this hotel, it is quite subjective... If you are on business trip, I think it is quite near to those office buildings. But if you are here in Beijing for leisure travel, this might not be a good choice. It is not very near to any tourist attractions or subway stations.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Piggogo,

Thank you for your valuable comments regarding your experience. We have been looking into the food selection for breakfast which you brought our attention, and hope to have an opportunity of serving you again in the future.