“High quality hotel with very friendly staff”

Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast
Ranked #49 of 6,463 Hotels in Beijing
Erlangen, Germany
“High quality hotel with very friendly staff”
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel fulfills all quality standards in it category.
The rooms are spacious, clean, and well equipped.
The staff is very friendly.
There are some very good authentic Chinese restaurants in walking distance.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Sandy W, Resident Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Juergen S from Erlangen, Germany,

Thank you for your compliments on our product and service. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Good Points (Club Lounge):
1) Wonderful and Authentically Nice Club Lounge Staff- this staff is top tier in my opinion because they really put their hearts in making sure that the guests are satisfied with their stay. While travelling solo for the past 2 years it was always great to come to this hotel and speak with the club lounge staff.
2) Happy Hour Food – I have visited >30 club lounges during my time in China and this club lounge has consistently had the best food. There is a wide selection of different entries (fish, beef, chicken, salad, fruit, soup, etc.) and I would always make this my complementary dinner spot.
3) Cleanliness –This lounge has always been very clean during each of the past 65 times I’ve visited.
4) Very Attentive Wait Staff- I have always been impressed with how the wait staff will take my plate right after I have finished my dish. While I have visited several other club lounges in China, I noticed that sometimes my finished plate just sits at the table until long after I leave (which is a pet peeve of mine).
5) Well Managed Lounge – I believe that the management team of this club lounge is very effective at leading their team. I believe the team members are motivated and enjoy their work.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sandy W, Resident Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Gabe S from Dubuque, Lowa,

Thank you for your very positive feedback on the product and service of our Executive Lounge. It is truly a pleasure to know that you had enjoyable stays in the past two years, and we look forward to welcoming you back again for your every trip to Beijing.

Barnet-Herts
Reviewed 22 November 2013

When visiting Beijing I usually stay at thr JW Marriott, but this time we have opted for the cheaper Marriott.
I am a platinum lifetime member of the Marriott chain so I know exactly what to expect from these hotels.
I was really amazed by how good this hotel is, so similar to the more elegant JW.
It is true that I was upgraded to a suite on arrival both times I visited the hotel but my colleague was given just an ordinary room which was of really good size with a good size bathroom with
bath and separate shower.
Needless to say that the hotel is kept spotlessly clean.
The club lounge is excellent with a large choice of drinks and food throught the day and very well staffed. Some drinks were even brought at the table.
The bed of course being a Marriott bed was excellent with fresh smelling and crispy bedsheets, this ensured a good rest.
The Chinese restaurant was excellent bug not cheap ( platinum card holders get a very generous 20% discount on food and drinks).
Breakfast was fine with good choice.
Most employees seem well trained and professional.
If I really must find a fault, I felt the lobby bar area was rather dark even during daytime.
I will definetely return to this Marriott.

Dear AlexT_Barnet_Herts from Barnet-Herts,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are very happy to know that our valuable Lifetime Platinum guest like you had enjoyable stays with us, and look forward to being of service again during your future trips to Beijing.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The staff was so warm and welcoming! Especially Joanne! Really appreciated the hospitality in a city that isn't super relaxing or inviting. The room was spectacular. Lots of places to eat nearby. Close to shopping at Yashow or Silk Market depending on traffic. I'm lucky to have concierge lounge access because it was top-notch and super comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear russellmark1226 from Colorado Springs, Colorado,

Thank you for your compliments with related to our service and product! We will ensure that the host who you singled out will be recognized, and hope we will welcome you back again in the future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I travel to Beijing on business quite frequently and always chose Beijing Marriott Hotel Norttheast as it truly feels like home for me! Their excellent executive lounge service with their fantastic team of Julia, So Hee Kim, Crystal, Kelly, Karen, Sara, Shelly, Maria, Vanesa and Summer, all greet with their beautiful smile and make it a very special place to stay when away from home. I've stayed in other Marriott's around the globe but this one definetly beats them all! Ankur from Tadka Indian restaurant serves yummy indian food and Coco extends hospitality with a smile :) The rooms are very clean and maintained regularly with fresh linens and towels. This is the BEST in Beijing and I highly recommend for both business and family visits.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Neeraj_Govil, General Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear mamgopal from San Francisco, California,

Thank you for your compliments. We will ensure that your positive feedback will be shared with entire team and the hosts who you have singled out will be recognized, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I spend about 75% of my time in hotels all around the world. When in Beijing I come here for a reason. Staff are always happy and helpful, willing to go the extra mile.

If you're corporate air crew, they understand about catering requirements and our unusual schedules. Talk to William (manager) and he'll take care of you.

The hotel is in a good area, close enough to bars and restaurants, and a 10 minute taxi ride (or 45 minute drunken stumble to / from san litun.

The lounge is excellent, with good views and great service. I'm wary that I might sound like too much of a fanboy, but we really do feel welcome there.

Rooms are modern and light, with a good internet connection and a few English TV channels.

Room Tip: All windows are locked. If you want yours opened, you'll have to call housekeeping.
Dear pl3thar03 from Beijing, China,

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are very happy that you had enjoyable stays with us, and hope we will be of service during your every trip to Beijing.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is truly a great hotel, room was very pleasant, dual aspect looking over Beijing was a nice surprise.
I had the pool to myself most days and the gym is well equipped.
The choice of restaurants is excellent and service and food were both top notch.
Only slight downside would be its location, a little far from the center of Beijing, on the other hand taxis are cheap and its close to the airport if that's important.
Overall I would thoroughly reccomend this hotel and will definitely stay again if I'm back in Beijing

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Neeraj_Govil, General Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear EdwardL from Cambridge, United Kingdom,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us! We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you back again during your future trips to Beijing.