“My new favorite hotel in China”

Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast
Ranked #47 of 6,473 Hotels in Beijing
Seattle, Washington
“My new favorite hotel in China”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

During a recent business trip to Beijing, my wife and I stayed there for a week. The guest relations manager contacted me via email a few days prior to our arrival to check if we needed car service to pick us up from the airport and if she could help with any other tour reservations during our stay. Response to my email back to them was very prompt and car service was set without any hassles. When we checked in to the hotel, they told us that they were upgrading us to an executive suite. I have a Gold status with Marriott, but even with that, a suite upgrade for a week long stay is rare, so this was a very nice gesture on their part. We got to the room and as we were getting ready to charge our phones, one of the chargers blew the fuse, and we lost power in the room. We informed the front desk, and within minutes one of the front desk staff and an electrician showed up at our room and fixed the issue within a couple of minutes. I should mention this happened at 11:30PM. I was not expecting their service to be this prompt!

Next day, when my wife and I were having drinks at the Executive Lounge, the Guest Relations Manager, Joanna, who had emailed me prior to stopped by our table, introduced herself, and asked if our room was comfortable, as she had made sure herself that our room was done nicely prior to us checking in. She also asked if she could help with anything else. We asked for some tour recommendations, and got all the details we asked for right there as we were enjoying our drinks.

The Executive Lounge Manager, Sohee, always had a warm smile whenever we were there during our stay. She is also one of the most talented bartenders! She prepared some amazing cocktails for us throughout our stay.

The suite we had was very comfortable. Every staff member was very courteous. I have stayed at many hotels throughout China, and many of them Marriott properties, but this was by far the most pleasant Marriott experience, not just in China, but elsewhere in the world where I have stayed before. Warm and friendly experience throughout! Highly recommend this hotel whether you're on a business travel or a vacation trip in Beijing.

The hotel location is very convenient as well. Walking distance from lots of shopping centers, and great restaurants!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sandy W, Resident Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear S V from Seattle, Washington,

It is a pleasure to know that you and your wife had an very enjoyable stay with us, we will share your positive with the entire team and will recognize the staff who you have singled out. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Antony, France
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The Beijing Marriott Northeast is excellent, almost perfect in many respects. The personnel is friendly ; the front is very well manned with professional people ; the rooms are large and clean ; the breakfast bar offers a very large selection ; the fitness room is very (very) well equipped and operated by friendly personnel ; the location, not far from the airport express way, is convenient (enjoyable after a long flight). I will certainly return at the Marriott Northeast for my next journey to Beijing, a very good choice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear patrick f from Antony, France,

Thank you for your comments! We are very pleased to know you had an comfortable stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again during your future trips to Beijing.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed for two nights and had a wonderful experience. The room was spacious with amazing shower and a bath tub. Service was prompt, and I enjoyed the Gym and business lounge. Highly recommend for a place to stay in the area

Room Tip: The business lounge was worth the extra Had a lovely Indian meal on the second floor
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sandy W, Resident Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Dandor from Tel Aviv, Israel,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are very delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and hope will welcome you back again soon.

Erlangen, Germany
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel fulfills all quality standards in it category.
The rooms are spacious, clean, and well equipped.
The staff is very friendly.
There are some very good authentic Chinese restaurants in walking distance.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Juergen S from Erlangen, Germany,

Thank you for your compliments on our product and service. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Good Points (Club Lounge):
1) Wonderful and Authentically Nice Club Lounge Staff- this staff is top tier in my opinion because they really put their hearts in making sure that the guests are satisfied with their stay. While travelling solo for the past 2 years it was always great to come to this hotel and speak with the club lounge staff.
2) Happy Hour Food – I have visited >30 club lounges during my time in China and this club lounge has consistently had the best food. There is a wide selection of different entries (fish, beef, chicken, salad, fruit, soup, etc.) and I would always make this my complementary dinner spot.
3) Cleanliness –This lounge has always been very clean during each of the past 65 times I’ve visited.
4) Very Attentive Wait Staff- I have always been impressed with how the wait staff will take my plate right after I have finished my dish. While I have visited several other club lounges in China, I noticed that sometimes my finished plate just sits at the table until long after I leave (which is a pet peeve of mine).
5) Well Managed Lounge – I believe that the management team of this club lounge is very effective at leading their team. I believe the team members are motivated and enjoy their work.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sandy W, Resident Manager at Beijing Marriott Hotel Northeast, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Gabe S from Dubuque, Lowa,

Thank you for your very positive feedback on the product and service of our Executive Lounge. It is truly a pleasure to know that you had enjoyable stays in the past two years, and we look forward to welcoming you back again for your every trip to Beijing.

Barnet-Herts
Reviewed 22 November 2013

When visiting Beijing I usually stay at thr JW Marriott, but this time we have opted for the cheaper Marriott.
I am a platinum lifetime member of the Marriott chain so I know exactly what to expect from these hotels.
I was really amazed by how good this hotel is, so similar to the more elegant JW.
It is true that I was upgraded to a suite on arrival both times I visited the hotel but my colleague was given just an ordinary room which was of really good size with a good size bathroom with
bath and separate shower.
Needless to say that the hotel is kept spotlessly clean.
The club lounge is excellent with a large choice of drinks and food throught the day and very well staffed. Some drinks were even brought at the table.
The bed of course being a Marriott bed was excellent with fresh smelling and crispy bedsheets, this ensured a good rest.
The Chinese restaurant was excellent bug not cheap ( platinum card holders get a very generous 20% discount on food and drinks).
Breakfast was fine with good choice.
Most employees seem well trained and professional.
If I really must find a fault, I felt the lobby bar area was rather dark even during daytime.
I will definetely return to this Marriott.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear AlexT_Barnet_Herts from Barnet-Herts,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are very happy to know that our valuable Lifetime Platinum guest like you had enjoyable stays with us, and look forward to being of service again during your future trips to Beijing.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The staff was so warm and welcoming! Especially Joanne! Really appreciated the hospitality in a city that isn't super relaxing or inviting. The room was spectacular. Lots of places to eat nearby. Close to shopping at Yashow or Silk Market depending on traffic. I'm lucky to have concierge lounge access because it was top-notch and super comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear russellmark1226 from Colorado Springs, Colorado,

Thank you for your compliments with related to our service and product! We will ensure that the host who you singled out will be recognized, and hope we will welcome you back again in the future.