“Air China freeloader hotel”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beijing
Jingdu Konggang Hotel
Ranked #2,935 of 6,520 Hotels in Beijing
billericay
“Air China freeloader hotel”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Taken to this hotel by the free stopover by air china.

A bit dated reception but quick check in. Rooms large and adequate. Place is full of flight crews and transit passengers. Helped myself to the buffet on the 2nd floor. Assume it was free. Can't complain. Wi-Fi free

Room Tip: Help yourself to the free buffet laid on for transit passengers
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Couples
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We needed to be in the airport very early in the morning so we booked this airport hotel for the night before. After reading the reviews here I wasn't sure what we're going to get. We booked a room with 4 beds in really good price and it was actually quite big and clean. The are no closets in the room so it's not suitable for a long stay. The showers are a bit small but clean like the rest of the room. The location of the hotel is in the middle of nowhere but close to the airport so it's ideal from the first or last night in Beijing. The free shuttle to the airport was very efficient.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
seattle
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I made a reservation after experiencing a language barrier with another hotel airport. I called to arrange for shuttel transportaion. The hotel desk gave me the manager's cell phone number and suggested I call him. I called, the manager was very nice, and said he would have the shuttle driver waiting for me at the airport. I honestly didn't believe that would actually happen. However, as soon as I came through Customs in Beijing, I walked out and saw the driver holding up a sign with my name. The room was very hot, no air conditioning. When I went to get a bottle of water, they said I had to buy it in the bar. I was only going to be in Beijing for 8 hours including the trip to and from the airport, so I didn't convert any US currency to Chinese RMB. Most hotels will exchange money for about the same rate as those small huts in the airport. However, the airports always seem much more expensive than anywhere I've been. I went to the bar and asked for a bottle of water. The bartender said I had to pay him $2.00USD for a bottle of water. Which he then explained was 10RMB for the water, and they were giving me a 5RMB-1USD conversion rate. At the time of this review, the exchange rate is 6.3RMB-1USD. I knew that was severely overpriced. When I arrived at the airport the next morning, I saw the exact same bottle of water in the airport gift shop for 2.5RMB. Airports consistently charge outrageous prices for things, however when I saw that they had charged me 10RMB, and took advantage of me on the exchange rate, I was less than pleased. The hotel was basically a hard bed for a few hours. Down the hall there was a room of very loud guests partying and yelling. Thankfully my room was on a different hall and I didn't have to listen to it all night. This is a Chinese standard hotel. Many years ago, foreigners were not even allowed to stay in this kind of hotel because of the condition. Most are not up to ''Western" standards in most areas of service and amenities. This is not a hotel that I would bring my family and not a hotel that I would stay in for more than one night. For my purpose, it was ok. I see in other reviews where someone has stated that the bathrooms are one big area and the shower is not a tub or stall. It's not. It's like most Chinese national hotels, in that the shower is next to the toilet and soaks the entire floor. It all drains away eventually, but there is not bath mat or rug to step. The smell of bathrooms is also pretty common. They usually smell like old urine. Chlorine bleach is not a routinely used item in most of China, so the urine smell does usually linger for a long time. Most Chinese squat toilets and public W.C's (wash closets) smell terrible. If you want the Western standard of a soft, comfortable bed, staff that can speak English, and then you're probably better off paying the extra money and staying in a 3star or higher rated hotel. Even though I wasn't expecting very much at the Auylympic Hotel, I didn't expect them to intentionally rip me off on a bottle of water. $2 doesn't seem like a lot for a bottle of water in some parts of the world, however, when the same bottle is in the airport shops for about $0.35, then you know they've taken advantage of you. Remember, "Tipping" is not a city in China, and also not customary. Some places will chase after you upon leaving to tell you that you've left money behind as they don't understand the concept. As for the breakfast, it was supposed to be included in my room. However, I was afraid what the price may be after finishing a meal, so I just left without breakfast.

Room Tip: Make sure to tell them that you want a 'quiet' room. That way if you find the area where yo...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Beijing hotels