Beijing 161 Beihai Courtyard Hotel
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmetro stationmosquitoesbathroomwifienglishlobbychina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2010

I stayed at Lotus Hostel one month - and I really can recommend it. the atmosphere is great and after a busy day in Beijings streets, the peaceful courtyard is like a oasis. The staff is nice and friendly and the manager Samantha speaks English and French fluently. She is very helpful with anything - from a tour to the Great Wall to what to do, when you lost your passport. The hotel is located in small street in a busy part of Beijing, so it takes not more than 15 minutes to got to the Forbidden City. You also can walk to Houhei Lake, where are many bars.
Single rooms are beautiful, but the shared bathroom is a bit shady. It is a really good deal!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
NickHuang, 总经理 at Beijing 161 Beihai Courtyard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for taking your time to write comment about 161 hotel on TripAdvisor.
Your suggestions and comments are our motive forces,I'll share your comment with all the staff of 161 hotels to let everyone share this joy.

All the 161 hotels persevere in following the local inhabitants' traditional housing structures,provide every guest the traditional Beijing courtyard environments and experience the local Beijing life.

At the same time there are 7 different branches of 161 hotels in Beijing,we hope you'll be able to try different styles of courtyard next time during your stay in Beijing.

All the staff members and I welcome and looking forward to your next visit and stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 September 2010

Excellent hostel, very very friendly and knowledgeable staff, good location close to subway. Good atmosphere and very spacious courtyard, I would go back if travelling to Beijing again. Good restaurant, very convenient. Stayed in a double-bed room, and it was just fine. Good for people looking to have a good stay and meet people in a relax set up. Organized tour to Great Wall for 300 yuan is very good, worth it, no shopping and going to a nice part of the wall. The staff really tried their best to answer your questions and to solve your problems.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Voyagisimo

Reviewed 21 May 2009

Staff and place were great. Very quiet location with a beautiful inner courtyard in a Hutong near to plenty of nice restaurnts and Xidan shopping area.

But I stayed for 4 nights and they did not clean bathrooms or bedrooms over all this time!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank 1darjeeling1

Reviewed 5 May 2009

I loved this hostel as the reviews state before its a charming place with a great selection of room types and prices. I would recommend getting a room with a bathroom as the shared ones weren't great. OK for two days but i was glad to leave to get back to my bathroom at home!!!
Bring a towel or buy one for 30RMB.

Staff very friendly and speak english perfectly. They organised our tour to the Great Wall for us for 320RMB we did the hike from Jinshanling to Simatai - strongly recommend this it takes 4 hours but is well worth it! Has a fab zip line at the end for 40RMB.

The food is good and you can pre order breakfast before your tours and they get up and get it ready for you even at 5 in the morning!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhianna9

Reviewed 10 May 2007

Pleasant and friendly hostel in a quiet hutong in the West of Beijing. Plenty of buses to where you wanted to go and the Houhai bar area is within walking distance.

Interesting range of prices (rack rates): from GBP4 dorms to GBP110 for a couple of spectacularly-furnished heritage rooms. I meant to ask how much they'd really charge... We paid 220RMB for a small, pleasant and clean double room with a balcony. Small courtyard. Didn't eat in.

Plumbing basic, limited hot water and no towels. Staff very helpful. Facilities for a drink and games in the evening. Web access.

Website: ---