“The worst hotel in China 中国最坏的酒店”

Forte International Apartment Hotel
Ranked #3,420 of 6,463 Hotels in Beijing
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“The worst hotel in China 中国最坏的酒店”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is certainly the worst hotel I have ever stayed either in China or indeed anywhere else in the world. Rooms are dirty, smelly, there are stains on the walls and towels have holes in them. It is very run down and in dire need of renovation. The service is diabolical and staff are extremely rude and just don't care if a guest has a problem.
I stayed for almost two months as I was on a long business trip. There was construction work outside the building on a side road for several days during my stay. The workmen were using a very loud drilling machine to break the asphalt on the road and dig the ground. The problem was that they worked during the night, so they started at about 10pm and often did not finish until 2am in the morning. This went on for 5 days so I did not get any sleep during this time. I checked the Chinese rules and no work is allowed between the hours of 5pm and 9am in the morning. I asked the hotel to speak to the site manager but they refused to speak to them at first. When I insisted and told them about the noise regulation the hotel manager said that he would speak to the construction firm but he clearly lied to me as the work continued for 5 days. I could not sleep as the noise was extremely loud. I asked them to move me to a different room on the other side of the hotel but no rooms were available for the first 4 days. They only offered me to move on the last day when I was too tired to pack all my things and move.
My room was not clean at all, the bathroom had a very bad smell in it of drainage. I asked the staff to do something about it and all they did was the cleaning lady sprayed the bleach a couple of times, which of course did nothing as the problem was drainage. There were many horse flies in the bathroom which is usually the sign of serious dirt, stains on the wall, fittings were rusty.
The room was generally dirty and bedding only got changed once a week. As I stayed for so long, I was sometimes still in the room when the cleaning lady came so I could see that all she did was she quickly swept the floor and changed the towels, she did not do any dusting or cleaning of bathroom or kitchen work tops.
The only good thing about this hotel is that it is conveniently located for the financial district. But there are other lovely hotels in the area so I would never stay at this hotel again. I asked for a discount due to so many problems during my stay. They flatly refused to give me a discount and said that I already had a low rate.I do not think a rate of 398RMB per night is low if you stay for two months, and the discount they gave me originally was because I stayed so long. They refused to give me a discount due to the issues and when I said that I will unfortunately have to post a bad review the manager said that she does not care.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Peanut009

Families
Couples
Travellers also viewed these Beijing hotels
Chongwenmen
#69 of 6,463 in Beijing
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,541 reviews
Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Double Happiness Beijing Courtyard Hotel

Been to Forte International Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Forte International Apartment Hotel

Property: Forte International Apartment Hotel
Address: No.235 Chaoyang North Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100020, China
Region: China > Beijing > Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #3,420 of 6,463 Hotels in Beijing
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — Forte International Apartment Hotel 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Forte International Apartment Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.