Ascott Raffles City Beijing
US$267
US$165
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsairport expressshopping mallone bedroom apartmentconvenient locationdays business tripwireless internet accesshotel apartmentsmall kitchenliving roomnice mallmetro stationduring peak hourshand soapthe upper floorsexcellent locationwe've stayedswimming pool is
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We stayed here as a family and found it to be an excellent choice. We chose a premium apartment, which was very spacious and stylishly designed. It had a large lounge area and large well appointed kitchen. The bed was huge and very comfortable. We also had an extra bed that was easily accomodated.

It is located next to the station that the airport train arrives at. It is also located inside the Ring Road No.2 so it is close to the central tourist attractions. The apartments are located above a shopping mall that contains a very good supermarket.

Breakfast is included and although not spectacular, it was adequate.

The pool and gym were both good. The childrens play room was a bonus although designed for the under 5s age group.

Considering the very reasonable price for the 5 star apartment and service, I cannot think why any families travelling to Beijing would stay anywhere else.

One negative point was the poor wireless internet access in the rooms. But the service was fine in the common areas and there is also modem lead in the room.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sparkythistle
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We stayed at the Ascott Raffles City from 11 to 18 june 2011 during our first trip to Beijing. Our 103 sq meter premier appartment at the 26th floor was quiet and comfortable, had a wonderful city view, home theater, free internet, a large bath and all necessary kitchen appliances. There is a shopping center in the lower floors of the building with a practical supermarket offering international brands,several restaurantand trendy shops. Dongzhimen subway station is just in front of the hotel, providing easy access to main tourist attractions. Breakfast comprises a choice ofoccidental and chinese buffets and costs 80 yuan, when not included in room rate.
As a mainly business-oriented residence, Ascott Raffles City does not have the usual offer of tourist excursion packages, but the reception kindly recommended to us some
local tour operators.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Yuanyuan-monica, Owner at Ascott Raffles City Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2011

It was a great pleasure having you stay at Ascott Raffles City Beijing and thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay experience. We will continue in our improvement effort to provide excellent service and product to our residents, especially on tourist excursion with local travel agent. We look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2011

We stayed there from 4 to 9 june 2011. We rented 2 apartments : 1 bedder premier which is 1100 sq ft and another one bedder executive type of 800 sq ft. The premier one is so spacious and luxurious and located at 25th floor, the view was spectacular.

The apartment is on top Raffles shopping centre so we can go downstairs for grocery shopping everyday and shopped at Mango, Zara etc. ! There is one train station downstair but we never took because we hired a personal driver for USD 120 per day and one tour guide for USD 40 a day for like 10 hours a day !! If you are interested, u can call Eleven at 86-15810454310 for the service.

I would like to compliment the hotel manager Mr Johnson for sorting out all the arrangements as we initially booked a 2 bedder through the central hotline but last minute there was a mix-up and Mr Johnson came to our rescue immediately .

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cinlee
Yuanyuan-monica, Owner at Ascott Raffles City Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2011

Dear Ms Lee
Thank you for your great support for Ascott Raffles City Beijing and we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.We will keep on maintain the highest customer satisfaction standards and serve to delivery it to every guest.
Looking forward your coming back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2011

I booked 2 executive rooms for 4 nights. When I checked in, I asked about swimming pool hours because it's very important for me to relax. I was informed that it was under maintenance and won't be ready during my stay. From my previous booking experience, hotels always tell customers at reservation if anything out of the ordinary can be expected. They had 1 month to tell me but didn't.
When I got in my room and called the front desk for help on adjusting the temperature of the refrigerator, they told me nobody including housekeeping knows how to operate the appliances. When I asked for ice cubes, they replied all the ice makers are down! I would have checked out the next day if I didn't have to be at the trade show for the next few days.
During my entire stay, I didn't see any manager on the floor. Although they did keep a lady sitting at the reception desk in the lobby. Nor was there any contact info in the room on how to reach the hotel manager!
On my departure day they would not let me check out beyond 2:00, and told me to check my luggage there. So I brought all my suitcases down plus a small box of seafood that needed to be frozen. But then I was told they didnt have any refrigerator to store it until 5:00! Who would think a serviced residence with big refrigerators in ever room can not accommodate a A4 sized box? The funniest thing is that the hotel manager that replied my on line survey I took a week after, said they usually recommend customers to consume their food before leaving the property!
When I came back at 5:00 to pick up my luggage, it took them 15 minutes to find 4 suitcase while no other customer was in sight.
After this trip, I have concluded that not all ascott properties are managed equally and I will never stay or recommend it to any travelers with some dignity

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Richdude
Yuanyuan-monica, Owner at Ascott Raffles City Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2011

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay in Ascott Raffles City Beijing. Once again, I apologise that we failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us.

I understand that my colleague from Customer Relations have contacted you via email and explained the matter to you. As shared, it is our intention to provide excellent service and products to our guests. What happened was an isolated incident due to an event which we had that day and we are very sorry that it affected your stay with us. I would like to assure you that this is not the usual standard we strive for.

I hope that you will reconsider staying with us or any of our other serviced residence in Beijing, giving us another opportunity to serve you better. Please contact me so that I can help you with your stay arrangements.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely
Poh Joo
City Manager
Ascott Raffles City Beijing

Reviewed 8 March 2011

From the Bell Hop to the Concierge , the Guest Relatios, the wait staff in the Bar and the restaurants, everything was fantastic, Then there was John( the Australian) Raffles Ambassador a true asset to the hotel, he really is the Ultimate Concierge.
Everything worked like clockwork, the tour of the Great Wall with The hotel's guide Olivia, she was a gem. Everyone talks about the location but in Beijing it is vital as it can get a little frustrating with all that traffic Raffles has the best next to the Forbidden City and Tianamen Square.
This is a hotel a definite cut above the rest, thank you to the staff at Raffles Beijing

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple