“Wow this place is beautiful”

Hilton Beijing Capital Airport
Ranked #28 of 6,565 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I crashed here for one night after a long flight, and let me tell you it was a treat! Yes the place is very expensive, but it's luxurious. The rooms are stunning! Waterfall shower, 12 foot ceilings, marble floors, flat screen TV, great breakfast (though expensive), pool and gym area. After a few bad Asian hotels, I got the best night of sleep on a soft king size bed. It was fairly quiet despite being right next to the airport. Concierge services were excellent, check in and out was swift, free shuttle to and from the airport. First class travel!

Only disappointment is no wireless in the room - had to arrange for a long cable (with a deposit), took a while to untangle connect, get online. A bit of a hassle for a business traveler.

If it was cheaper I'd stay here all week!!!

Room Tip: What a treat!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 April 2011

Stayed overnight between flights and very much would have like to stay longer. The hotel itself is impressive and gives hotel guests a feeling of luxury. The rooms are large, well designed and comfortable. The executive lounge is great, both for dinner drinks and for breakfast. The service overall is really good - responsive without being overbearing. Bottom line is simply that this is an excellent hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2011

WOW. What a nice hotel. Brand new and state of the art.

I am Hilton Honors gold member, have stayed in a lot of Chinese business hotels and this is my favorite one so far. Stayed several nights for a trade show at the new Beijing exhibition center, 20 minutes by cab. 10 minute free shuttle ride from Terminal 3 of BJ airport. 2 Chinese restaurants, a Grill restaurant and a western restaurant. Outstanding food with excellent presentation, gorgeous executive lounge with nice snacks & free happy hour and free breakfast for gold members. Stunning lobby bar area. and reception area. Beautifully furnished, quiet and comfortable rooms. Nice pool, spa and exercise room. State of the art, free conference room in club lounge which we used several times. 40 minute cab ride to Chaoyang business district. Train service downtown from station within view of hotel (probably not walkable). Kind of far from tourist sites, but within sight of Beijing Terminal 3 with free shuttle service, The staff here is awesome: friendly, helpful, instant service. I highly recommend this true 5 star business hotel. Only complaint from colleagues, rooms were a bit too warm, had to leave the windows open in March. Well soundproofed. The hotel seemed almost deserted, which is a crying shame because it is top notch in all regards both facility and staff. A very enjoyable stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2011

I had booked into the Capital International Airport hotel [beware of this one] and they never sent the shuttle bus to the arrivals teminal, so after an hour of waiting I got into the Hilton shuttle bus which had been twice in that time.

I stay in hundreds of hotels and the Hilton has that "WOW!" factor and it's only a couple of quid more per night than that 'other' hotel whose name I do not wish to utter again.

The Hilton was FANTASTIC! It was as if they had said "We will spend more than is required on everything." From the taps, to carpet, to mirrors, bed, kettle...everything is pure luxury! I felt as though I had stepped into Paris' bedroom LOL

The staff were SO friendly and helpful.
I slept the sleep of the dead and never heard a single airplane during the night. (money well spent on the double glazing).

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2011

First off I have not stayed in a Hilton Branded product for 8 years ever since I had a problem Hilton refused to resolve it amicably. It was not my choice to stay a the Hilton Beijing but rather American Airlines who had several mechanical problems with their planes and rerouted me thru Beijing rather than Tokyo, so the room was courtesy of AA.

The hotel is brand new within the last 6 months, clean, very comfortable and the front desk staff was extremely friendly even at 1:30 in the AM when I checked in. My room was located on the 4th floor facing the airport you could hear planes in the distance taking on and off all night but too loud. Complaints: 1. Shuttle service very confusing to find and was not running when I arrived the driver from the Langham Hotel next door gave myself and anther guest a ride. 2. My other complaint and this goes for most hotels there is not enough light in the rooms my room had two night stand lamps, floor and desk lamp all with what I guess were 60 watt bulbs.

Would I stay here again no and it is only for my distain for the Hilton Brand, if they were to rebrand to Sheraton or Marriott I would not think twice.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2011

This new hotel defines the term "affordable luxury". It is 5 stars down the line. Here are my comments:

(1) The hotel operates a free shuttle service every 15 minutes to/from Terminal 3 and every 30 minutes to/from Terminals 1&2. However, they could do a better job directing arriving passengers to the shuttle pickup location; I had to call for instructions (go to door #5 on the lower level, and to one of the outer islands). Suggestion to hotel: put this information on the hotel web site.

(2) Though they operate a shuttle, the hotel is actually within easy walking distance from Terminal 3 . . . about 8-10 minutes' walk for a healthy person who moves at a good pace and has easily toted luggage . . . just go down to level 1, go out the door, turn left, and keep walking. In fact, rather than pay high prices for hotel food for dinner, I enjoyed a walk over to the airport and ate at one of the may pre-security restaurants there (Kenny Rogers' Roasters). There are also a couple of small convenience stores at the airport if you want to pick up a couple of snacks and drinks to avoid mini-bar charges.

(3) The room was incredible . . . one of the most comfortable beds in which I have ever slept . . . spotless pure white bedding . . . reasonable selection of English language TV (though surprisingly not as extensive a selection as I've seen in other hotels) . . . good desk/ work area. Luxury bathroom with separate shower/ tub. Incredibly plush towels. Good desk with ample lighting. Clean carpeting.

(4) In-room internet access is fast but expensive . . . 1 RMB per minute up to maximum of 100 RMB (~$US 15) per 24 hours.

(5) The breakfast buffet was included in my rate (otherwise the buffet costs 158RMB [$US 24] per person) . . . it was a very nice, extensive buffet in the same style as most 4- and 5- star Asian hotels, with an huge selection of both western and Asian foods, healthy and unhealthy, and an omelet station. Warning: A lot of temptation for those trying to diet.

(6) There is a 24-hour fitness center; it has a good selection of state-of-the-art equipment. There is also a large pool adjacent to the fitness center -- looked to be designed for lap swimming as opposed to being a child-oriented "splash around" pool. One minor annoyance is that the fitness machines equipped with TVs appeared to pick up only one channel: BBC News. The fitness center has nice windows and on the 6th floor, but is on a side of the hotel with a nondescript view of adjacent buildings; they could have put it on a side of the hotel with a more interesting view, perhaps a view of the airport or the roadways leading to it.

(7) My stay was during the Chinese New Year holiday and perhaps because of that fact, the hotel seemed eerily empty . . . especially the huge lobby area which was very "echo-y" . . . I felt sorry for the various lobby attendants who had the job of standing around . . . .management, perhaps you could show a little compassion and let them sit down. I can't imagine a job where I had to stand and do virtually nothing for several consecutive hours in an environment of virtually no people and with nothing to do.

(8) The hotel provides flight departure monitors . . . a nice feature.

(9) I have only two minor complaints: FIRST, despite the cold weather outside, the in-room temperature was very warm; the thermostat went down only to 20C (68F) but even then it seemed very warm in the room so I had to open the window to let in some of the 30F outside air. SECOND, upon checking in, the front desk lady tried to upsell me to an executive suite for an extra 350 RMB; when I declined in a friendly way, she pushed it and told me I should treat myself for Chinese New Year and then seemed irked when I said no again . . . perhaps this is why I ended up with room 4044 (which to the Chinese is a VERY UNLUCKY number [all the 4's], though I do not harbor such superstitions so I didn't care).

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 February 2011

I'm not a Hilton-type traveller, but by booking non-refundably in advance I got a great deal on a night at this airport Hilton between flights. It is convenient, clean, luxurious. The location can't be beat. They offer every service I could think of (although, I'm used to finding nice hostels, so free towels is a perk for me). I was impressed enough to pay a lot more for a second night when I was majorly delayed on my return trip to China a couple weeks later. At that higher price, it wasn't worth it for my pocket book, but with the advance booking savings, it was a wonderful, relaxing night's stay. Good news and TV, enjoyable from the bathtub. Wonderfully comfortable bedding. Helpful staff. Lovely restaurants and lounges in the building. A shuttle to and from the terminal that I never had to wait for. Staff who were pleasantly helpful with my lack of higher-end hotel experience. A great experience, even if my bank account wishes I'd only stayed one night, not two.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo