Happy Dragon Hostel
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$239
US$161
US$113
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsdongsi subway stationdumpling partyforbidden citya private double roomensuite bathroomlocated minutesdumplingscommon roomminutes walkingtrain ticketslounge areagreat wall of chinawestern stylestayed for nightshutong areaenglish speaking staffbackpackers
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Happy Dragon Hostel is one of the best decisions I made during my China trip. friendly and helpful staff that could speak good english Jack and Sally they gave me lots of travel tips in and around Beijing and made sure I had a fun and enjoyable stay. I would never forget their hospitality and sincerity. The hostel restaurant is also awesome! 5-10 min walk to a subway station.
For a traveler, I think all that matters is a place to rest and leave things while roaming around the city, which I actually enjoyed in Happy Dragon Hostel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Staying at Happy Dragon Hostel is one of the best decisions I made during my China trip. It is centrally located and is just a short walk from Dongsi station. The morning market near the hostel is an interesting experience in itself. (Try the street food noodles and pancakes at one of the many stalls.) The warmth, friendliness and helpfulness of the staff is incomparable anywhere else. Hostel staff Candice and Simon really went out of their way in helping me book my train tickets to several destinations in China. They gave me lots of travel tips in and around Beijing and made sure I had a fun and enjoyable stay. I would never forget their hospitality and sincerity. The hostel restaurant is also awesome!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank nomadofthecentury
Reviewed 23 December 2013

In my opinion is the best hostel in China, I crossed the country travelling and this hostel was the best one. Great service, the attendants are very kind, and is very confortable to stay and sleep. You can have the happy hour in a bar inside the hostel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Room: dirty, old and in bad conditions. The heater didn't work that good even if it was at the highest temperature and outside was very cold (end of November). The sheets were not so clean and we couldn't use the additional blanket because it was so dirty and full of hair! Bathroom: it was the worst thing! Dirty and without the shower but only with the hole in the floor, it is quite common in China but here you could feel the low level of cleanliness. The room were also quite noisy. I think even if it is cheap, it is possible to find much more better for the same price in China!it doesn't worth!!!
the only two Good things are that the staff is nice and that it is located next to a Good metro station, near some turistic places!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mecai
Reviewed 9 December 2013

- reasonably priced
- friendly and helpful staff that could speak good english
- 5-10 min walk to a subway station
- wifi is a bit slow and only accessible in the hallway and lobby (we don't get any signal inside our room)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends