“A nice 4-star hotel in Beijing”
Review of Vision Hotel

Vision Hotel
Ranked #146 of 6,550 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for two weeks for a business trip. My room is clean, well decorated and very spacious. The provisions in the room is adequate and generally handy. The only issue is that the network connection is via a internet cable, so you need to bring along your travel router to set up your private WiFi network. The breakfast is up to the standard with sufficient choices for my long stay. I haven't tried the gym and the swimming pool, but my colleagues reflected that they are also not bad.

This hotel locates between the 3rd and 4th ring of Beijing, close to the two famous universities, Peking University and Tsinghua University, as well as a number of popular tourist spots over the northwestern part of Beijing. The subway station is just 5 minutes walk from the hotel, so you can travel to most busy districts of the city within an hour. This is important as the traffic congestions in Beijing are very serious nowadays.

In short, this is a very good hotel for visiting Beijing, specially the universities nearby.

Room Tip: Bring along your travel router for WiFi connection.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Caveman_Lee

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Suggested by the Conference organizers due to the closeness to Beijing University, I really appreciated the luxury of the environment, the hotel facilities and the kindness of employment. English speaking at reception and free wifi connection in the whole building. Excellent!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank B-House_Cagliari
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This is a fine hotel that suffers from, yet is benefited by, its location. While perfectly suited to those on University business, this hotel, and this district, is FAR from most tourist attractions. The subway is nearby but count on at least a half-hour to anyplace of interest.

The restaurants are capable, the cleanliness is excellent, and the front desk/bell staff are earnest. English is spoken but not always fluently.

The room is large, comfortable, and clean. The hotel could, however, upgrade its WIFI so it reaches the room and is of modern bandwidth and speed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2013

It's the worst hotel staff I've met in my life. I reserve one executive room, which by the way it was not cheap at all for being in China. In my reservation copy it said breakfast included. The problem was that my reservation was written in Spanish as this is my language.
In a very poor English they said that my room rate was more expensive than in my reservation copy and that breakfast was free only for one people (we were 2). We complained and they made us waiting for 40 minutes in the reception desk.
None of the staff people paid us attention. After 40 minutes we were very angry and ask again to one girl. She looked as if we were disturbing her. She said 'I said only 1 breakfast. Go'. We asked for the manager and for the complaining book but at that moment nobody understands English suddenly.
Summary; I paid more for my room (be careful), I have no breakfast and other facilities they said were included in the web, and I lost my mind with such an annoying staff (if any problem they suddenly forget English).

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank MariaPerezNavarro
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I booked hotel through expedia, it charged the expense rightaway. even through the cancellation is free, but you will need to call expedia to arrange it before certain deadline. our plane was re-routed and delayed for one day, so there is noway to refund for the night we didn't stay. Next time I will probaby book it though the hotel directly or some website like ctrip without prepaying.
About the hotel, it is very nice and rooms are spacious and clean, staffs were friendly. we requested the room on non-smoking floor and also extended the checkout time to 2pm. It is easy for visiting friends around area, or finding a taxi to tour around the city.
We didn't eat breakfast in the hotel since it is quite expensive for a family of four, there are many restaurants or cafe serving breakfast in area.

Room Tip: Ask for the room on non-smoking fl.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Just stay at this hotel for 2 nights last week on a business trip. Overall the hotel is good but the area is far from city center and not much to do around. I had most of the meals in the hotel and the taste were just average.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Bill133
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I stayed there for 2 times (around 1 week each time) and the second time the manager upgraded my room to deluxe king room because they ran out of standard king room on the non-smoking floor. It seems there is some confusion and mismanagement over double/twin room and smoking/non-smoking room as some of their staff are not accustomed to foreign customers, but they are quick to remedy any mistake they made.

It probably doesn't meet the usual 5-star expectation but they are keen to hear from the customers and willing to get better, and as a local brand they are much better than all the other hotels around this area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business