“Fast and inexpensive way to get about in Beijing”
Review of Metro

Metro
Ranked #917 of 12,890 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Neighbourhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We used the metro to commute once in Beijing and were quite impressed. Our fears about language issues were allayed as we found that the route maps showed the stations in English too and we were able to get to our destination easily enough.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We went to Metro as a large family group as it was the favourite Beijing restaurant of one of the couples eating with us. We've had fantastic food whilst visiting Beijing so had high expectations. The food was pretty good but as a group of 11 we received our main courses at least 30 mins apart - in fact we had all finished when the final dish, seafood risotto, finally surfaced from the depths. When it came to desserts we made our choices but nobody came to take the order so we gave up got the bill and left.

1  Thank Bouttells
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I just returned from Beijing and had dinner at the Metro Restaurant twice. I enjoyed it so much the first time that I had to return prior to returning to the States. They offer both inside and outside dining. We elected to dine outside both times and found it pleasing; however, the interior is well-deocorated. The pricing is moderate and the food is excellent. I had the baked Lasagna both times, I enjoyed it so much the first time. They have a nice wine selection and their Caesar salad is above average. The service is excllent. Metro will definitely be on my list of place to see when I teturn to Beijing.

1  Thank KenN38
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We live here in Beijing now for 2 years and are crazy about Italian food. There are many places to get it, but we are very happy to find these small and very great restaurant.

Why is it so great? the food is very good, try the Bruschetta, the Carpaccio, als is quite good and not too crazy expensive. they focus very much on the pasta... If you like pizza you might be disapointed, but who does not like pasta ? they have around 50 different Sauces.. and I tired about 10 of them.. no-one was a bad choice! especially that one with the Seafood - for 60 RMB you get half a Kilo of different shrimps, mushels, prawns you name it.

but it is still the overall impression of the Restaurant what makes it a good choice.. I know places where they have a better selection of Maindishes, better place for Pizza (as they don't have), have more choices of Wine - maybe even I know one where I got a bigger portion for the Seafood Linguine.. but in all the places I pay at least double if not tripple.! so in all the context.. this is our favorite Italien Restaurant!

4  Thank Christian R
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Friendly neighborhood cafe. Good list of pasta dishes Nothing spectacular, but well-executed.

Been to Metro? Share your experiences!