“Worst Hotel Experience of my life...and I like Hostels”

Yizhu Jiayuan Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beijing
Yizhu Jiayuan Hotel
Ranked #3,694 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
Vancouver, Canada
“Worst Hotel Experience of my life...and I like Hostels”
Reviewed 25 October 2010

This was the Worst Hotel Experience of my life...and I like Hostels. Where do I start? The moment I walked into the smoke filled room I had a bad feeling about this hotel, and then I looked at the Bathroom. The Bathmat was covered in mould, half of the bathroom wall was missing, their was urine in the toilet & on the toilet seat. Then their was a pubic hair on the bed, and I don’t think they even changed the sheets since the last guests. Please see the attached photos for proof.

I would highly not recommend this hotel to ANYONE!!! I would not even stay here if they paid me!

Paul from Canada

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul_Phelan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Los Angeles
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Seriously, I am not a pecky person. I stay gladly at youth hostels and more simple style accommodation. Usually, I am not in rage when I write about a hotel, but this place is by far the worst I have stayed at (se my previous reviews and compare). That is mostly based on the staff, but also the room.
My husband and I wanted to have a hotel close to Beijing Airport; we had to stop one night when coming from Shanghai and then continue to Tokyo. We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel: It is only 10 minutes away.
As with many Chinese hotels, the lobby looks fine, but then, the room was not nice at all. Sure, the size was good, but it was not especially clean, it was smelly and the air con did not work at all. It was merely a fan. The bathroom was disgusting with an old and stained shower carpet. The beds were rock hard.
The hotel is in a very ruff area with small shops, gravel streets and dirt. The young women at the front desk was polite and we felt relief. when we arrived to the hotel For the next morning, we ordered a cab. She told us the price was 30 yuan due to the early hour for our departure (6am), and wanted us to pay in advance: Ok, we did, and realized that we probably was fooled, since it took us 18 yuan from the airport to the hotel.
The next morning, we waited for the cab but no cab showed up. Now, there was another young women at the front desk. After 10 minutes, I asked her where our taxi was. At that time, a young man in an auburn colored Chevrolet had showed up. The women at the front desk said that he was the cab driver (what?!), but now, we had to pay him 50 yuan to drive us to the airport. The guy was apparently a friend of front desk women no 1, and tried to take advantage of our situation, desperate to go to the airport. We tried to get the 30 yuan back, but she pretended not to hear us and just looked straight ahead. when I raged a bit more, she sighted and gave me the 30 yuan. The guy with the car dropped off. Then we went to the closest road cross, waved for a cab and then went to the airport.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple