“Super Property & Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lake View Hotel

Lake View Hotel
Ranked #146 of 6,448 Hotels in Beijing
Dublin, Ireland
“Super Property & Location”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Overall this is a very nice hotel in a lovely location opposite Long Tan Park (book a room on a high floor for views - particularly impressive at night).

We had some difficulty finding an English-speaking receptionist (a lot of gesturing) but I have no trouble with this - I was in China without Mandarin, after all.

Our rooms (of which we had three) were all on the same floor yet all unique with lovely views of the park and the city. The beds were outstandingly comfortable (King Coil, which is unusual in China - beds are often very hard here).

Staff in the Executive Lounge (28th Floor) were exceptional, by far the hotel's greatest asset. They were very knowledgeable about the local area, the city as well as about their own inventory (which included imported beers and wine at no extra cost).

The pool area (located on -1st Floor) was beautiful and very clean, as were the changing facilities.

The atmosphere is the only thing lacking at this hotel, it has all the trappings of a five star property, but it just doesn't feel like one. A solid four star.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are very nice and include breakfast and access to the Executive Lounge - cost differ...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 January 2014

A 5 star hotel. Clean and nice. Visited this hotel in November 2013. Went in a group of 6. Booked 3 executive rooms. Was big, spacious and nice. However, what was little disappointing was that the receptionists could not speak English. And i was rather disappointed as i expected more for that fact that it was a 5 star hotel.

Breakfast spread was wide. Room service was prompt. Bear in mind that they do not have all the dishes stated in the menu.

Hotel was rather quiet.

Overall, nice and clean hotel. Only disappointment was the fact that hardly anyone could speak or even understand English.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paveena20
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We were booked into the Radegast Lakeview for four nights January 4 - 8 2014 and the property itself was exquisite with our room on the 26th floor overlooking the lake (frozen) . The actual room was beautifully presented and would have to say one of the best we have stayed in in China.

However....... the customer service at this hotel is appalling , not once did we see any staff member smile, the Club room we booked included buffet breakfast in the Club lounge each morning but were told on the first morning that breakfast would only be served in the main café on level 1 with no explanation or apology given. The customer service in the breakfast café was non existent . On the second morning we had to find our own table, find the cutlery, table mat , coffee cup and set the table ourselves while several staff members stood by and watched!!!

The breakfast selection was more like a 3 Star hotel .

We also had an issue with the A/C or central heating . With minus 7c temperatures outside, our room was SO hot and stuffy inside which we could not adjust. We spent the entire four nights with the AC turned off and our window open to try and keep the room cool. The beds however are the most comfortable we have ever slept in.

Overall an exquisite room and property which has been seriously let down by appalling customer service.

Room Tip: If you are after a good value for money hotel and don't care about customer service then the Rad...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Castellon de la Plana, Spain
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My colleague booked the Radagest due to a low rate for a 5 star hotel.That was the only good thing about it.Almost nobody could speak English,not even the person anwering the phone for room service. I went to the gym upon arrival, people smoking walking past the gym, children playing around the gym and watching TV at top volume,very annoying. Then i went to have dinner in the Lakeside cafe because they were advertising a Western set menu. Once I sit down I am informed that there is no set menu.I leave and go to the Herbal Garden Chinese restaurant.Very famous and with one award for excellence.They dont understand me in English,however I manage to order. Such a famous restaurant and we are only 3 people in it.I found out when I paid the bill. I ordered 3 dishes and tea, I was charged 600RMB,extremely expensive.The following morning I ordered room service breakfast, they forgot to bring it to my room at 6 am, so I did not have breakfast. Besides, the Lobby lounge,which is not in the lobby but downstairs charges 45 Rmb for a single expresso, no wonder there is nobody in this cafe.The swmming pool ,the door is closed at 8pm,nobody knows why.The spa, 1000 Rmb for a massage,again too expensive compared to other 5 star hotels in China...And,even though I had booked airport pick up a week in advance...they arrived late and the driver did not speak any English.I should have gone to the Crowne Plaza U Town like I did last time

Room Tip: ask for a lakeview room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank juan1999
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We arrived at 5:00 pm on October 01, 2013 and nobody was there to greet us? I have never had this happen at a five star hotel. So drag my bags off the taxi and into the lobby. This is a worn hotel and checked into a dirty room. Weak AC and it never was fixed during my four nights there. If the room wasn't pre-paid I would have looked for another hotel. You get what you paid for with their low rate, a low rated four star but really nice three star. This is NOT a five star hotel. My wife said the spa was nice, so they have that going for them...LOL!

Room Tip: Don't get a room where we had our room...this hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CaliforniaNative007
Ottawa
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Very nice hotel. Across the street from a very nice park, although the rest of the neighbourhood has a bit to be desired. There is a small charge (10rbm I think) to get into the park, but it is worth it. Its a nice way to get away from the hectic streets of Beijing. there are a number of restaurants in the hotel, the staff is friendly and speak English. The breakfast area is quit busy so be prepared to sit with others. The buffet had a wide array of choices. The rooms are quit big. The rooms were very clean and modern. It is a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: We had a corner room so we had plenty of windows with a nice view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank marchtraveller
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The hotel is an excellent choice for the business traveler particularly if easy access to Peking U is desired. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The bed is comfortable; there is good seating areas, and a desk with internet connection. Free wifi is available in the lobby. It should be noted that at the time of my visit and connections through Google, such as gmail, was difficult. The breakfast buffet is extensive and serves western taste and chinese traditional food. The staff is very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the inner courtyard. The evening lighting is quite elegant.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business