“Fantastic property right at Terminal 3”

Cordis, Beijing Capital Airport
Ranked #42 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 17 June 2013

After several stays, this hotel never ceased to amaze me: A great check-in experience by the FO manager, fabulous rooms with comfortable bed and spacious bathroom and a nifty F&B concept. A very nice place is the L-Lounge on the 6th floor, with very personal service and an excellent evening happy hour with champagne and high-quality hors d'oeuvres.

Minus point: Breakfast only starts at 6.30 am - the hotel could offer at least a limited early bird buffet. The breakfast buffet is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MaTaocheng
John V, General Manager at Cordis, Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

I thank you for posting this review on your recent stay at the Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport. I was very happy to read that you have enjoyed our service and facilities.

For sure more and more of our guest have highlighted the quality of our Club L facilities especially the variety of happy hour food and beverages.

Regarding your comment about the breakfast, I am sorry that you were not mentioned that we do have an early departure breakfast served in our lobby “ DJ counter “ including coffee, tea, juices, croissant Danish and yoghurt. I hope that your will be able to enjoy it at your next stay.

I thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing Airport and look forward welcoming you back soon.

John Vouillamoz

Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Went to Beijing for business trip. Want to aviod the traffic from city hotel to airport i selected langham. Anyway clients are nearby too.
I enjoyed my stay very much as staff are friendly and helpful. Always greeted by smiling and passionate service staff.
Excelllent contanese cuisine.
I would recommend friends to stay in Langham Beijing

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
John V, General Manager at Cordis, Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

I thank you very much for your comment on your recent stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.
I am glad to know that our team members were able to delight you with their friendly and passionate attitude as we do spend a lot of effort in training, motivating, coaching and taking care of our team member. Your comments have also been shared to our Ming Court Cantonese restaurant team.
Again, I thank you for very much for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I needed an overnight close to the airport in Beijing and am really glad I booked here. The rooms were excellent and very well priced considering the location. The shuttle to and from the airport runs efficiently and the service was exemplary. After having left a charger in the room, a quick e-mail resolved the issue and it is safely on its way back to me.

Highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

I thank you for your posting in regards to your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.
My team and I were very happy to read that you have enjoyed our facilities and the service provided. When it comes to your forgotten charger, I am glad that to know that you have got it back on time but quite expected as we have trained our housekeeping and x-team to efficiently handle this kind of situation.
I thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay in Beijing and look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

well,what to say staying at langham was one of the finest expirience of hotel I ever had,right from recieving at airport to check in everything was pretty smooth,they even upgraded me to club level and placed me on 6th floor where along with breakfast we had hi-tea and drinks in happy hours(6-8 pm) complimentary,but these guys literally kept their service open and served us till late night also,when restaurant manager came to know that i am indian she promptly put forward indian chef krishna and he treated us with indian food at par with our home standards we could only dreamt of in china,staff was polite,more than helpful,courteous and spoke really well english,they even made awesome arrangement of tour to great wall with excellent english speaking driver john who also took very good care of us and when we checked out they handed me card which read "missed you already ",we said langham we will miss you we were on a business trip and my wife and me are more than happy with our experience and would recommend this hotel without any hesitation and next time I am in beijing my destination will be this only!

Room Tip: go for club level on 6th floor,its indeed a great experience.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your review on our service at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.
My team and I were delighted to read your comments on our Club L, the Place Restaurant service, Krishna our chef cooking Indian Food and our Driver John. In fact more and more guests are happy to book Club Room in order to receive special benefit but mostly enjoy the quality of happy hours food and beverage provide. Following your posting I have personally thanked Krishna and John for the great service offered to you.
I thank you very much for choosing Langham Place for your stay in Beijing and hope having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I cannot imagine a hotel managed by the Langham group could have provided such poor services. My last stay was Okay, not as good as their Shanghai hotels, but it was acceptable. The 1865 club service was nice, and she remembered me. This time, not only did I absolutely NOT receive any additional attention from the hotel for being a Voyager member, I also was told that my reservation via their official site not to be found. Jesus. I wish they could just admitted they were not well trained. The receptionists at the front desk don't know how to say "Sorry". I'm very very disappointed at their rudeness. Literally, they were rude.

Room Tip: Always choose those rooms with a window towards the West if you want to witness airplanes landing. S...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

I was very surprised to come across your comments on your last stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I am sorry that our team members were not able to prepare your arrival as we usually do for our 1865 members. Subsequently to our previous email we have brought attention to our club L team and ensure that information are properly communicated upon reservation. We have equally taken appropriate measure to educate and improve the service of our receptionist.

Further in order to ensure that guest who wishes you face the Airport Lake and witness airplane landing we have posted a special note for the room which fulfill this criteria.

Please be assured that our management and team are endeavors to offer best possible service to all guests and have taken action on your comments.

With kind regards.

John

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Very practical hotel if you are travelling by plane. One of the few nearby hotels at international standard level, cheaper then nearby Hilton.
Although ver near to terminal 3, no considerable noice from planes.
Very frindly personel, although a little pushy so complete te review, I ve got everytime I stayed.
Although shuttle available 24 hours a day, a very early breakfast e.g. before 6 is not available, a packed lunch is.
Standard rooom is quite expensive, a suite upgrade is more value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
John V, General Manager at Cordis, Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for your review on your last stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I was happy to share with my team that you have enjoyed both the facilities and service provided by our colleagues.

Although our team members are eager to know our guest feedback on our service we will ensure that it is not requested repetitively and only upon check out. When it comes to the breakfast I would like to remind you that a light breakfast is offered in the lobby ( DJ counter ) Including coffee or tea, juice, assorted croissant and Danish from 4.00 to 6.00 for early.

Again I thank you for your comments and hope having the pleasure of welcoming you soon at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

I stayed at Beijing Langham Place for my first two nights in Beijing as i needed to be near the airport. Staff was extremely friendly and happy to help. Every staff member was wonderful. Bus back and forth to the airport was wonderful. The Langham bus runs every 15 minutes to Terminal 3 and every 30 minutes to Terminal 2, 24/7. Rooms are lovely and baths divine. The only drawback is the hotel is off by itself so there isn't much to do other than what the hotel offers. Breakfast was expensive for what it was but wait staff very good. I highly recommend hotel if you aren't concerned with price. It was a good experience to get my first trip to Beijing off to a good start.

1  Thank Leslie-in-Austin

Thank you very much for choosing Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport for your stay and for posting this review.

I was happy to read that you have enjoyed our service and facilities. It is true to say that due to location there is not much to do other than what we offer on the other hand the terminal. Nevertheless our terminal 2 shuttle bus stops on the way to and from the airport at a nearby shopping mall with some local restaurant in its vicinity

Again I thank you for your comments and hope having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.