“Great rooms and location”

Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport
Ranked #39 of 6,556 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as a result if reading glowing reports from other trippers!
Booked over the phone and received email confirmation of my booking.
As I was coming in late from JinanXi on the train I had emailed the hotel back to see if they could arrange to have me picked up by a car rather than take a taxi ( first time in beijing)
They confirmed they would and the price was cheaper than a google search of similar services and not too much more than a taxi. Great start!
Sure enough the driver met me, he was a great driver, very patient with the rest of the beijing terrorist traffic! Didn't use the horn once! He spoke little English so it was a quiet trip.
Arrived and checked in, very friendly and pleasant.
This place is huge, so make sure the receptionist directs you to the right lift, there are 3 different ones that I found!
Went to room, wow, very nice...
Great attention to detail, clean, bed exception with comfortable pillow top,
Remote for the TV only had Chinese on it and try as I could I could only get bbc. No biggie.
It was around 2130 pm so went to the bar for a couple of drinks , no coronas but the Tsingtao was cold, thankfully.
The bar staff were a little distracted, she was either a trainee or he was infatuated with her!
I ordered some chicken wings and got brochettas. I then said not to bother with the wings and sure enough the wings turned up 10 minutes later.
I'm a regular traveler in china so I make sure the wait staff are fully understand my requests. Being an aussie they generally dont understand my english too well.
A little disappointed but hey at the end if the day a very small negative for a great nights sleep.
Went to the gym in the morning, no weight resistance machines but good facility just the same. Water bottles and towels on each machine.
Decided against breakfast and checked out, the free shuttle took me to terminal 3, great service every 15 minutes. Great seats for a shuttle, helpful driver.
Make sure you leave plenty of time at the airport as there are large crowds and delays seem to be the norm here. (Stuck in the plane in the runway for 1.5 hrs so far)
I digres, the langham expensive but them what 5 star airport is not?, it's very hip decor is cool and trendy, it's staff friendly, yep I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

After missing a flight and being stuck in an airport for hours to rebook flights and get an entry visa this hotel was just what was needed ! Great service as soon as we got on the airport bus ,,, very funny driver, great front desk people and the best pillows on the bed ever !

• Stayed: June 2013
John V, General Manager at Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Dream Big Bed is Langham Place signature, it all about the utmost comfortableness, further more we have
also a various pillow choices such as (Fragrance pillow, reading pillow, body pillow, children pillow, Qiao Mai pillow,
memory foam pillow) and hope that you will enjoy them in next visit.

I thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay at the Airport and hope that chance given I will have
the pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed one night before catching the next flight home in the morning. It was certainly a good stay, the room is spacious and the toiletries are top notch in this hotel. Staff is very attentive the moment you step into the lobby and it has a convenient shuttle bus to the airport. Had dinner in the chinese restaurant and the food is very good as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

I thank you very much for your comments on your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed our facilities and services. Meanwhile our Ming Court Cantonese restaurant
quality of food is been praised by many guests as our master chef has been trained in our Hong Kong’s Michelin-honored Ming Court.

Again I thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing CapitalAirport and look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Langham Place was a big surprise for us! The hotel was very beautiful, clean and elegant from personnel to building itself. Service was super! Two beautiful young ladies from the hotel in their uniforms of pink and gray suits greeted us at the airport and lead us to the shuttle bus provided by the hotel. Needles to say, we were so nervous prior to departing Yichang on our way back to Beijing, not knowing if we were to find our own way to the hotel. While on the shuttle bus, a young gentleman heard us talking and asked if it was our first time to be at the Langham Place; and we answered yes. He said to us that we will be very happy and pleased with the accommodations and service that we will receive. And indeed he was right! Some examples of the great services we received were when I we were eating at the the hotel restaurant. I was not feeling well at that time and therefore I was not able to eat most of my food. The head waitress asked me if there was something wrong with the food and if there was she will talk to the chef and replace it with something I like. I explained that nothing was wrong and that my stomach was not feeling well. She then offered me to fix me a hot tea with honey which she said her mother usually prepared for her whenever she felt the same. She also made sure that I brought up with me an extra cup of tea with honey on my way back to my room. Meanwhile, during the course of our conversation while I was drinking my cup of tea I told her about the possibility of going back to the shopping place before leaving Beijing the following day. I asked her if we can go to the concierge for help to arrange a plan for us. She said no need for us to go and see the concierge for she will ask the concierge to come to our table. Kevin the concierge came politely and made the plan for us perfectly. It was a fantastic experience!

Room Tip: We did ask for a Non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

First of all, I would like to thank you for posting this review on your stay.

It is with a great pleasure that I have read that you have enjoyed your stay and in order to ensure that we further strive
for excellence your comments on our hotel and service have been communicated to all our managers and employees.

We have also identified the mentioned employees and I have personally praised and thanked our Airport Pink Angels,
our Place Assistant Manager and assistant Chief concierge for the great service offered.

Again I thank you for our comments which help us in keeping a high quality standard and hope that given the
chance I will have the pleasure to welcome you back at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport personally.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed overnight...superb. Was upgraded to Exec Suite (without the perks, tho). Beautifully appointed room with English soaking tub. Fabulous breakfast the next morning. Coffee options were impressive from regular brew to cappuccino to expresso! Lots of Chinese and western choices, many freshly prepared. Could have stayed all morning, but had a plane to catch!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
John V, General Manager at Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

I thank you very much for posting this review about your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed our facilities and service.

Our Food and Beverage team especially our chefs also appreciate your comment on the breakfast asthey on daily basis endeavor their best to offer a wide range of fresh cooked dishes

I thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing Capital Airport and look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel as a stopover to another destination. It was very good, clean & all the staff extra helpfull. The extra cost of the bsuiness up-grade was worth every penny! The bar and restaurant services were excellant.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments on your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport. I am happy to know that you have enjoyed our facilities and that our team was able to delight you with great service.

I hope that chance given I will have the pleasure to welcome you back at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

After several stays, this hotel never ceased to amaze me: A great check-in experience by the FO manager, fabulous rooms with comfortable bed and spacious bathroom and a nifty F&B concept. A very nice place is the L-Lounge on the 6th floor, with very personal service and an excellent evening happy hour with champagne and high-quality hors d'oeuvres.

Minus point: Breakfast only starts at 6.30 am - the hotel could offer at least a limited early bird buffet. The breakfast buffet is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MaTaocheng

I thank you for posting this review on your recent stay at the Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport. I was very happy to read that you have enjoyed our service and facilities.

For sure more and more of our guest have highlighted the quality of our Club L facilities especially the variety of happy hour food and beverages.

Regarding your comment about the breakfast, I am sorry that you were not mentioned that we do have an early departure breakfast served in our lobby “ DJ counter “ including coffee, tea, juices, croissant Danish and yoghurt. I hope that your will be able to enjoy it at your next stay.

I thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing Airport and look forward welcoming you back soon.