“Outstanding”

Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport
Ranked #37 of 6,531 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Spent one night here in transit. The hotel lived up to the very positive reviews I had seen. Very nice rooms, properly done with sound-proof windows (obviously good to have at an airport). The only annoying thing was that the air con vent was positioned such that it blew right on the bed.

Club level lounge was very nice, with a very good breakfast selection. Service staff were clearly bending over backwards to help. English language levels were a bit of a problem, though.

Food at Ming Court was likewise very good, as was the service there.

One thing I did not realize was that while you can walk to the hotel from T3, the usual way is to take a shuttle (1 level down from the arrivals area, Door 5, across the road). Only takes about 3-5 minutes each way.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
John V, General Manager at Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

I thank you for posting your feedback on your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed location, the quality of food at our Club L executive floor as well as at our Ming Court Cantonese restaurant.
When it comes to the quality of our colleagues English, we will further offer English training by native English speaking teacher,
and will keep monitoring our team member communication skills.

I thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing Capital Airport and hope soon having the pleasure to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We recently stayed had an overnight stay here before catching a flight early the next morning. We were three people and were very pleased when we got upgraded to a loft room which was fabulous. It was very luxurious and are only regret was that we had a short stay as our incoming flight was delayed. The hotel transport to and from the airport was fast and reliable. Definitely recommend this hotel if you need to stay close to Beijing airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

I was very happy to read that you have enjoyed the location as well as the pink shuttle bus, two of our many special features
which have been mentioned by many of our guests. At Langham Place we aim offer stimulating hospitality and make Airport hotels fun.

I have shared your comments with our colleagues and we all look forward welcoming you soon back at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is a very convenient and friendly place to stay overnight at the Beijing airport if you want to catch up an early flight. The room was big, service good and front desk very helpful. After checking in, I went out and took the train to the city. It was quick though you needed to transit at the Dongzhimen subway to get to the city.

In addition, its shuttle bus was right outside Gate 5 and comes every 15 minutes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank liuilp

Thank you very much for your review and kind comments on your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

My team and I were delighted to read that you have enjoyed the location, facilities in addition to the service offered. Indeed our Pink shuttle bus has become an icon for our hotel and many guests feel the check in start at the Airport gate when meeting our pink Angel or when boarding our Pink Bus. Meanwhile as stated the airport express train provide a quick and cost efficient traveling mode to the city center avoiding the heavy traffic.

Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport team thank you and look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We (family of 4) stayed here for one night prior to our flight back to London. We had to book two rooms as the max occupancy is 3. The problems started right away on check-in. First we were told there were no 2 vacant rooms on the same floor by a grumpy check-in clerk. We were then given a room on a smoking floor even though we stipulated no-smoking rooms. When I complained, we were given two rooms on the same (no-smoking) floor!

The rooms themselves are nice, save the see-through room to bathroom window. Not sure what the point is of having a glass wall if a plaster one would have been just as easy.

We decided to celebrate our last night in Beijing by going to the cocktail bar only to be told that the choice was limited as there was no lime at the bar. When I asked whether they could get some lime from the kitchen, they feigned "Basil Fawlty-esque" ignorance. Dinner was ok but expensive.

I wouldn't have minded the inconveniences if it wasnt for the overblown price for the stay. This was the most expesive night of our stay in China and we had stayed at other 5 star hotels including the Waldorf in Beijing and the Green Lake hotel in Kunming. However, the choice of hotels near the airport is limited so its a case of choosing the least worse of a bunch. If you have more time, definitely stay in central Beijing.

1  Thank LazyRico

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I am very disappointed to read your review of the hotel. I apologize for the issues related to the room allocation, no lime in the bar. Those problems have been discussed with the concerned department heads and corrective actions have been taken. I have requested our Front Office manager to ensure that our front desk team will allocate non-smoking room according the guest request and preference.

Again I thank you for letting us know about the problems you have encountered during your stay. Given the chance I hope that my team and I will be able to welcome you personally and make up to you for the late inconvenience.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed at the Langham for the night of the 11th of April. Arrived at Terminal 3 and after a short stop at the Information Desk we quickly located the Shuttle Bus service that ran between all 3 terminals of PEK airport. Surprisingly good English signage and fluent staff too, which really does lighten your spirits at 11pm!

Shuttle bus was extremely timely, taking no more than 3 minutes once everyone was loaded in. Check-in was efficient once we were served. (Quite a queue had formed with the arrival of the Bus although the initiative was taken as another desk did open!)

After circumnavigating what seemed like the whole floorspace of the lobby, we arrived at the lifts as we were whisked away to the 6th floor. We'd requested Non-smoking accommodation and for the second time out of many attempts in China, we actually received what we'd asked for!

The room was spacious and the in-room internet connection satisfactory. I ended up using the ethernet as I knew this would be faster. A quick speediest.net test showed we were getting 8mbps which was more than satisfactory for 11:30pm at night where all we wanted to do was check important Emails and messages.

Both my Grandmother and I were frankly starving, therefore we did descend down to the lobby and dine at the only open restaurant, where we were one of 3 customers present in a room that could easily seat 120. The atmosphere was somewhat awkward and confusing! The food itself was bearable, although for £50 we would have liked to have seen a bit more. (In the end this was irrelevant, as in less than 24 hours we'd be experiencing the glorious culinary delights of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea...)

The bed was the best I've personally ever experienced in China, after visiting the mainland on more occasions that I can count with my fingers. Soft and plenty of pillows to work with. Ousting the perch that the Park Hyatt Shanghai had held for the past 3 years.

Checked out efficiently at 5:25am the next morning, and despite some confusion with the frequency of the shuttle bus to PEK T1 and T2, we managed to make our Air Koryo flight to Pyongyang.

A satisfactory stay indeed.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not face the Runway for optimum sleep!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

I would like to thank you very much for choosing Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport for your stay and taking the time to write this review.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed location, check-in experiences. Thank you for highlighting our Dream Big bed as well as the pink shuttle bus which has been mentioned by many of our guests. We have taken note of your comment on the buffet price and variety of food offered and our Food and Beverage team will look into our buffet offering.
I have passed your complements to our team members in particular our Front Office employees for a job well done in check in and check out. We will keep motivating our colleagues to further deliver superior service and build great memories.

I also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing Capital Airport. My team and I look forward welcoming you back during your next travelling through Beijing.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last 5 years. I go back because it is so comfortable and so close to the Airport. I feel I have arrived when I see the pink shuttle bus!
This time I was actually welcomed by the General Manager. Large chains can often feel faceless, so it was good to feel that the 'Boss' can be at the front desk. Beijing is my gateway before traveling on into China, so using the hotel's shuttle bus to and from T3 to catch the Express into town to visit friends is a great advantage, it makes it less than an hour to the center of the city. Staff are always helpful and the service is great

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

I would like to thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay and taking the time to write this review.

My team and I were delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay. Indeed our Pink shuttle bus has become an icon for our hotel and many guest feel the check in start at the Airport gate when meeting our pink Angel or when boarding our Pink Bus.
As General Manager and host whenever possible I really enjoy taking some time to meet our guests either at the front desk or in our restaurants and was very happy meeting you that evening. In the same spirit, I also encourage our team members to offer engaging and friendly service at all time.

Again my team and I thank you for your kind comments and look forward welcoming you back soon at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Due to flight change I had to overnight in Beijing after a very long trip. I wanted a good value for just an overnight. After comparing a number of hotels, I booked the Langham on line and decejved a 15% dicount. Their follow up emails were personalized and timely. The shuttle bus was a bit challenging to find but so are the other hotel buses....but only a few mjnutes from the airporf. Checking in late in the evening the staff were courteous and eager to please. The room was typical, clean and modern with good lighting. Plenty of powerports to accommodate a variety of plugs but no USB port. WiFi was not great. All that being said, the bed was very comfortable. Their smart phone technology was a bit overkill but useful. The marketing is all about you (actually ME) which I found charming and outright funny in some areas. Staff spoke good English and everyone very helpful. Club lounge had a decent breakfast. Big hotel and easy to get lost. With p!entry of time, I used the Fitness room, small but with enough equipment to get the job done. This hotel was a surprise and was not only a good value but a delight. I will seek out Langham hotels in the future based on my stay. Loved it!

Room Tip: Club floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

I thank you for taking the time to write this review on the Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I was happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay. I also appreciate your comments on the courtesy of our team members as our management team is constantly training and coaching our associates to offer genuine friendly service at all time. When it comes to marketing idea (ME) this is part of our Langham Place brand culture offering stimulating hospitality including engaging, modern, innovative, fun and artistic atmosphere. Our hotel offer very high 2 Mpbs complimentary internet connection and 8 Mpbs charge at RMB 120 per day. Nevertheless I have discussed the internet speed issue with our IT manager and we are currently monitoring the system to ensure high quality connection and speed.I thank you for your suggestion on adding a USB port and will consider it in further room upgrade.

I to thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing Capital Airport. My team and I look forward welcoming you back during your next travelling through Beijing.

With Kind Regards,