“Great hotel near T3”

Ranked #37 of 6,520 Hotels in Beijing
Bishops Stortford
“Great hotel near T3”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights on arrival from Singapore.

We arrived at T2 in the wee small hours of the morning and were hounded by taxi touts constantly wanting our business, smoking and spitting in our immediate vicinity and waited for the free transit bus to T3, from where (I thought) it was possible to walk to the Langham.

At T3, we walked about and eventually I had to call the hotel and arrange for the bus to pick us up, which arrived in about 5 minutes (yet it felt like a lifetime at 3am).

Check in was swift and we were in our massive Essential Place room within 10 minutes.

The bed was very big and was adorned with pillows and cushions and so very welcome after our horrid flights.

The hidden sweets in the desk drawer were a treat, but not refilled :(

The free bus service to the airport terminals was very useful, as we had to attend a meeting in Beijing and fly out the next day to the DPRK.

My only gripe would be that the noise of aircraft flying overhead was quite loud.

If I can ever find a reason to need to return to Beijing, we will definitely stay here again!

1 Thank Addickted12157

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Queensland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I booked the Langham for its proximity to the airport, as we were flying out of Beijing late morning. This was to be after a 10-day tour of China.

Firstly, after having spent 4 nights at the Fairmont, and then not wanting to carry all of our luggage with us on the rest of the trip, the concierge at the Langham graciously agreed to store our excess baggage with them until we returned. What a relief for us!

We stayed in a club-floor room, which was very spacious and comfortable. There was a large bedroom, separate sitting room, walk-through robe and huge bathroom. A mini-mansion before departure!

Breakfast and canapés are included in the room rate, and the canapés turned out to be the most filling I have encountered in any lounge - a full meal in itself. So, for a very reasonable room rate, we enjoyed half-board!

Staff are efficient, but not as helpful as you might like, except for the lass in the lounge.

The hotel is only 4/5 minutes from the terminal in their free shuttle bus.

Couldn't be better!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
John V, General Manager at Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
I thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay and taking the time to write this review.

I am very glad to know that you have enjoyed the location, quality of service and friendliness of our team members. Following your comments I have also praised our concierge
team for a job well done. I am happy that you have enjoyed the amenities, breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktail offered on our executive club L. Indeed those amenities
are of great value.

My team and I look forward welcoming you soon again at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This hotel is quite ok. The staff is really friendly! It is a very long walk to the rooms. The furniture in the rooms was a bit too used for my taste! The bed is really good! TV Remote is just in CN, so need to try out a bit! They hide some candy in the room,.. if you find you can keep it! very funny!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
I thank you very much for writing this review on your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I was very glad to read your comment on the friendliness of our colleagues as we spend a lot of effort in recruiting employees with the
Positive attitude and passion for service. Meanwhile I have brought up your comment on the quality of our furniture to our Executive Housekeeper
and Chief Engineer for them to verify and keep track of our room maintenance and furniture up-keeping program.

My team and I thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing Capital Airport and hope soon having the pleasure to welcome you back.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 22 May 2014

There are something you would love Langham.

1) Very near to Terminal 3 of Beijing Capital Airport with free shuttle bus on every 15 minutes.
2) Club L zone on 6th Floor, which have softdrink and massage chair all day long.
3) Modern style decorate with pink color.
4) On 2nd floor, the chinese restuarant is located. You can enjoy both lunch (dim-sum) and dinner with reasonable price.
5) On 1st floor, you can enjoy both lunch buffet and dinner buffet (with half of lobster included). Even the choice of food may not much as some buffet.
6) Comfortable room

but it may disappoint for one who love to enjoy fitness and swimming pool.

Room Tip: 6th floor on opposite side to runway, will have a view of road and skytrain with less airplane noise...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
I thank you for taking the time to write this review on the Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I was happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay and in particular the hotel location, free shuttle bus, quality of English of our team members only to mention a few.
As per your comments on our prices I would like to highlight that our breakfast, food and rooms rates are very much at the same level of five star hotels both
at the airport and in the city.

I thank you for choosing Lang ham Place for your stay at Beijing Capital Airport. My team and I look forward welcoming you back during your next travelling through Beijing.

Hounslow London
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here as we had an early flight from the airport the next day, the airport is 10 minutes walk from the terminal. We booked a loft room on the executive floor . We were travelling with our two children aged 8 and 6. The loft rooms are enormous on two floors ( the kids played hide and seek!) . The kids slept downstairs and the parents upstairs, although the stairs were stone so slippy when wet - caution required ...The room was very clean and well furnished. the bed extremely large and comfortable. They had made up twin beds for our children. The bathroom upstairs was particularly well laid out with a large walk in shower and a stand alone bath.

As this was on the executive floor it meant it included "Happy Hour " which in fact was so well equipped food and drink wise that it amply covered as our evening meal. Choice of hot and cold buffet with some reasonably decent wines. Breakfast was equally well equipped - we took this downstairs in the restaurant as this opened at 6am as opposed to 7am on our floor. The executive floor also has a well equipped play room for the children,

You could easily use this hotel to get in and out of Beijing as the airport express station is within walking distance and on the day we stayed we took our luggage and left it at the hotel and then commuted into the city. It takes about 25 mins each way and the another underground train to wherever you want to go. The price is about 20y each way .

Overall the hotel is quite well mantained and has nice touches of luxury. Sadly no pool which is why not the 5 stars as for a hotel this size you would expect this.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
John V, General Manager at Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you very much for writing this review on your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I was delighted to read that you and your family have enjoyed location, complimentary pink shuttle bus, tailored Dream Big bed as well as the quality of food served at our Club L.
I also appreciate your comments on the Family Loft Rooms which in fact were design to accommodate families up to four people ( two adults and two children ) and have been very popular.

My team and I thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing Capital Airport and hope soon having the pleasure to welcome you and your family back soon.

Dalian, China
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I often fly through Beijing and often spend the night in hotels near the airport. There are a lot of decent hotels around, but two of them stand out. These hotels are “Hilton Beijing Capital Airport” and “Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport”. These hotels located a few hundred meters from each other. Most of reviews about these hotels are about the same and I wanted to compare the two hotels myself.
On my opinion, “Hilton Beijing Capital Airport” is much better hotel. Rooms are larger and better furnished. The hotel staff are very kind and speak good English. Transfer to the airport is better organized.
“Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport” is also a good, but you can see a big difference compare with “Hilton”.
The only point that “Langham” looks better than “Hilton” are hotel bars. Service at both the bars of “Langham” is very good and both the bars have able and very professional staff.
I hope my Review, should be helpful for another travelers to Beijing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank E K
I would like to thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay and taking the time to write this review.

I am very glad to know that you have enjoyed the quality of service and friendliness of our team members. Our management team pay a lot of effort
in training and motivating our colleagues so that superior service quality is offered. When it comes to the comparison to Hilton hotel we would like to
emphasize that our hotel and room decoration has contemporary style compared to more classic style in Hilton. On the other hand both hotels have
the same room size.

I thank you very much for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing Capital Airport and look forward welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

+ very close to the Airport
+ free shuttle bus every 15/30 minutes
+ english speaking staff
+ wifi (free wifi available, but it was the slowest internet connection we had we got in China)
+ free tea at the room
+ large bed

- dishes too overpriced in restaurant (fair quality, extremly high price)
- wifi - most of the services blocked and internet speed very slow - seems like they trying to "force" you to buy paid access
- IMHO room rate overpriced (we choose this hotel only due to its localisation and very early morning flight)
- high price for breakfast (better to buy something earlier in supermarket in the city center)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

As per your comments on our prices please be aware that our breakfast, food and rooms rates are very much at the same level of five star hotels both at the airport and in the city.

I thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing Capital Airport. My team and I look forward welcoming you back during your next travelling through Beijing.