“Wonderful Hotel”

Cordis, Beijing Capital Airport
Ranked #41 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 26 June 2014

One of the best stopover hotels we have come across. For that matter, one of the best hotels we have stayed in. Stayed on a Club floor room. Bed & Pillows excellent. Everything ultra clean, and every effort made to make our stay comfortable as could be. Attention to detail was excellent. Too numerous to point out here. Well done staff and Management at the Langham.
Will stay again.

Room Tip: If budget runs to it, stay on a Club floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Simon L, Director of Rooms at Cordis, Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

I thank you for posting your comments on your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I were delighted to read that you have enjoyed the Club floor room facility and the service offered. I have shared your comments with our team members and will ensure we keep offering stimulating hospitality and creating great memories.

I also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing Capital Airport. We look forward welcoming you back during your next travelling through Beijing.

With Kind Regards,

Simon Li

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Great place. Perfect for the overnight transit stay. Staff always happy to help.
The only problem I found was after a 12 hour flight with a 3 year old, I had forgotten to get some RMB out at the airport. As I was passing through and I could room charge and credit card the bill, I wasn't immediately concerned.
The bell hop helped us with our three bags to the room (we didn't ask but it was appreciated), my problem started when he stood in our room awkwardly for a good minute, until in his best English "money???".Ok, I get it, higher end hotels in Beijing/Shanghai tipping is becoming wider spread and if I had any RMB I would of happily passed it on.
I apologized and told him I have to go the ATM as I have no money and will fix him up later ( at some point). I left and went down stairs to retrieve our passports. The Langham has a convenient ATM so I pull some money out only to surprised to find the bell hop standing RIGHT behind me waiting. Angry would be an understatement. Did he expect a ¥100?
Good hotel and it accommodates well for foreigners but these guys need to pulled into line. They wouldn't ask national Chinese for money let alone follow them to an ATM.
Give it ago, I'll be back but just
with a few yuan in hand.

• Stayed: June 2014

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed location, and most of our staffs service. I am very disappointed to read your review of the bell hop. I apologize for the issues related to the tip issue. Those problems have been discussed with the concerned department heads and corrective actions have been taken. I have requested our Front Office manager to ensure that our front desk team will allocate to ensure any kind of issue would not be happened in future.

Again I thank you for letting us know about the problems you have encountered during your stay. Given the chance I hope that my team and I will be able to welcome you personally and make up to you for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

AAA as the closest hotel from terminal 3 of Beijing capital airport.
Excellent rooms and bathroom. Very elegant hall ways.
Front desk does get jammed with many flight crews arriving at the same time.

Was told by reception that there is no spa or massage service. One of our fellow traveller had back pain and was desperately looking for some relief and was told the hotel has no such service. True?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

I thank you for posting your feedback on your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed the location, hall ways, room and bathroom facilities, I apologize for the issues related to the Spa and massage service, meanwhile I would like to emphasized that the Chuan Spa and swimming pool service is under the process of delivering.

My team and I thank you for choosing Langham Place and look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for 1 night of a stop-over before an early flight to Mongolia.

It is close to the airport, with free shuttle of about 3mins. Hence location is good for stop-overs, not when touring the city.

The room is separated between a sleeping and 'living room', allowing complete darkness for when you sleep. Bed and showers extremely comfortable and clean, will definitely return again for stopover at Beijing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
John V, Guest Relations Manager at Cordis, Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed the location, hall ways, room and bathroom facilities.
Unfortunately our hotel is not providing any massage service on the other hand our club floor is
equipped with very high quality massage chairs.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed at the Langham in transit while in Beijing before flying to Wenzhou. The bathroom and the bath towels are amazing, other hotels need to take note on the bath towels. We booked in at 2am as our flight was late. there is a shuttle to the hotel, but you will need to take a phone number at that time of the morning, to call them. Very convenient to domestic and international terminals. Would recommend a stay even though we only got 3 hours there due to our very delayed flight. Also if flying into Beijing in summer try, fly in the earlier part of the day before the storms, as your flights will be delayed or cancelled.

Room Tip: Non smoking was good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
John V, General Manager at Cordis, Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

I was happy to read that you have found our hotel convenient for transiting stay at Beijing Capital Airport.
As mentioned we are offering 24 hours free shuttle bus every half hour from terminal 2 and every 15 minutes
from terminal 3. As per your recommendation, yes it is advisable to take early morning flight in summer as
late afternoon many flights are delayed or cancelled due to thunder storms.

I thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay. My team and I look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great layover here before catching a redeye back to the Persian Gulf.
Rooms are very nice, quiet and well appointed.
Check in and out were efficient and friendly.
Free shuttle service to T3 from the hotel, which is quite a hike if walking.
All in all a very good experience.
Well done Langham Place, I hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

I would like to thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay and taking the time to write this review.

Thank you for highlighting the convenience of our location and our pink shuttle bus which has been mentioned
by many of our guests. I have passed your complements to our team members in particular our Front Office
employees for a job well done in check in and check out. We will keep motivating our colleagues to further
deliver superior service and build great memories.

My team and I hope having soon the pleasure to welcome you back at Langham Place Beijing Airport.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here recently for a one night stopover on our return from Australia to the UK. Arrived around 11pm, shuttle bus from terminal 3 to the hotel only takes a minute, you can actually walk to the hotel in about 10 minutes. Well appointed room and bathroom, great bed and a very restful night's sleep. International breakfast, caters for all tastes. My wife found smoked salmon with her scramblers, first hotel we stayed in China that served smoked salmon for breakfast so that impressed my wife. Highly recommend for a stopover.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I thank you very much for writing this review on your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I am very glad to read that you with your wife had a wonderful stay with us. My team and I were delighted to read that you have
enjoyed location and facilities. I also thank you for highlighting the food quality of The Place Restaurant which has been recommended
by many of our guests. I have also passed your compliments to our chefs and breakfast team.

My team and I look forward welcoming you back during your next travelling through Beijing.