“Continued Excellence”

Ranked #34 of 6,461 Hotels in Beijing
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Continued Excellence”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was upgraded ot the suite which was splendid. Great location and much better than the Hilton at Beijing Airport.

Check in service continue to be slow and can be improved. No one is there to ensure that those guests waiting in the queue gets attended to when the next counter becomes available. Whilst I was trying to check in one of the guest simply cut the queue and and started asking the reception questions much to my annoyance.

The restaurant cater to my special dietary requirement which was great.

A must stay for business travellers who are on a short trip to Beijing

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view of the runaway its amazing to see how busy Beijing airport is
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Simon L, Director of Rooms at Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
I thank you for posting your comments on your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed the location, room upgrade and the restaurant service offered. But also I noticed that the speed of check in was not met your expectation, I have requested our Front Office Manager to pay attention to the duty arrangement, also one door bell will be installed the front desk. If there is a queue, front desk agent can use it to remind the back office associate to help. Rest assured that the check in efficiency will be improved.

I thank you very much for the time given to let us know about your experience and hope having the opportunity To welcome you back.

Simon Li

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Haslemere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Excellent airport hotel., a bit Chinese downstairs but the rooms were really nice, spacious and modern. The hotel is quiet, breakfast is good and the first shuttle bus to the airport is at 0520.
If you need to stay at Beijing Airport this is highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Certainly a great airport hotel - way above average. Also huge - it's a long walk to the room, also to anything you need. Shuttle bus also very good. Quite a queue to check in, also out, but staff very nice.

Room Tip: ask for a room near the lift
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Magnificent hotel. Spacious, well appointed, QUIET. Rooms are huge, full of technical goodies, lovely furniture, great snuggly bed, and amazingly quiet considering it is just off the airport. Breakfast is lovely with many options and staff speak great english.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed one night in Langham hotel after a long day walking under the relentless sun in Beijin an sightseeing and it was worth every penny. The front desk staff were helpful and even noticed I had a delta credit card and stated they can process my card to get extra skymiles since they have a partnership with delta. The room was enormous and clean. I had both a bathtub with jacuzzi jets and a walk in shower with rainfall shower head. The towels were plush and soft. I had the basic shower items like soap, bodywash, shampoo, and conditioner and in addition they gave us a body scrub and a loofah too! I loved the complimentary slippers... I wear them all the time at home now. There are five restaurants to choose from with a large variety of options. The only thing I wish they had was a spa but the bathroom amenities made up for it. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the water on the top floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

I were delighted to read that you have enjoyed the room facilites, bathroom amenities and restaurant in addition to the service offered. I have shared your comments with our team members and will ensure we keep offering stimulating hospitality and creating great memories.

I also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Langham Place for your stay at Beijing Capital Airport. We look forward welcoming you back during your next travelling through Beijing.

Queensland
Reviewed 26 June 2014

One of the best stopover hotels we have come across. For that matter, one of the best hotels we have stayed in. Stayed on a Club floor room. Bed & Pillows excellent. Everything ultra clean, and every effort made to make our stay comfortable as could be. Attention to detail was excellent. Too numerous to point out here. Well done staff and Management at the Langham.
Will stay again.

Room Tip: If budget runs to it, stay on a Club floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

I were delighted to read that you have enjoyed the Club floor room facility and the service offered. I have shared your comments with our team members and will ensure we keep offering stimulating hospitality and creating great memories.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Great place. Perfect for the overnight transit stay. Staff always happy to help.
The only problem I found was after a 12 hour flight with a 3 year old, I had forgotten to get some RMB out at the airport. As I was passing through and I could room charge and credit card the bill, I wasn't immediately concerned.
The bell hop helped us with our three bags to the room (we didn't ask but it was appreciated), my problem started when he stood in our room awkwardly for a good minute, until in his best English "money???".Ok, I get it, higher end hotels in Beijing/Shanghai tipping is becoming wider spread and if I had any RMB I would of happily passed it on.
I apologized and told him I have to go the ATM as I have no money and will fix him up later ( at some point). I left and went down stairs to retrieve our passports. The Langham has a convenient ATM so I pull some money out only to surprised to find the bell hop standing RIGHT behind me waiting. Angry would be an understatement. Did he expect a ¥100?
Good hotel and it accommodates well for foreigners but these guys need to pulled into line. They wouldn't ask national Chinese for money let alone follow them to an ATM.
Give it ago, I'll be back but just
with a few yuan in hand.

• Stayed June 2014
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at Langham Place Beijing Capital Airport.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed location, and most of our staffs service. I am very disappointed to read your review of the bell hop. I apologize for the issues related to the tip issue. Those problems have been discussed with the concerned department heads and corrective actions have been taken. I have requested our Front Office manager to ensure that our front desk team will allocate to ensure any kind of issue would not be happened in future.

Again I thank you for letting us know about the problems you have encountered during your stay. Given the chance I hope that my team and I will be able to welcome you personally and make up to you for the inconvenience.

With Kind Regards.