“Great Hotel in traditional area of Beijing”

Ranked #17 of 6,531 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I choose to stay at this hotel as it was recommended by some friends of mine living in Beijing. I liked the idea about staying in a traditional area of the city. After seeing the reviews about this hotel I was pretty excited to see something different than the usual chain hotels...and I must say: I loved every single aspect of the hotel. The rooms are very comfortable and large, huge beds, really nice bathroom with rain shower. The hotel feels really “homey” and peaceful. And believe me – in Beijing you learn to appreciate a place like this. I would definitely come back and can highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
fay l, General Manager at Red Wall Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear Kallediekante,
Thank you for your review. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned in your review many guests enjoy the calm environment of the hotel after a hectic day in the city or sightseeing. We strive for that “homey” feeling and do everything to make our guests feel comfortable. We are looking forward to welcome you, your family and friends to Red Wall Garden Hotel again.

There are newer reviews for Red Wall Garden Hotel

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in March and it really was excellent. I was super impressed by the genuine friendliness of the staff and the rooms and beds were very good. Service and food at breakfast could not have been better. It made a perfect wind-down on the way back from a hectic business trip in Taiwan. I would definitely stay here again and would not bother looking for other hotels if ever staying in Beijing in the future.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dom M

Dear Dom,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments about our staff and hotel and we are looking forward to welcome you to Red Wall Garden Hotel again.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I stayed at the Red Wall garden Hotel in March, and had an excellent experience. Very friendly and co-operative staff, lovely room, good location, I was very impressed. I would definately recommend this hotel to fellow travellers.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Bim66,
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you had an excellent experience. We appreciate your comments and we are looking forward to welcome you to Red Wall Garden Hotel again.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stayed at the Red Wall Garden Hotel and it was just great! I booked through my favorite boutique hotel website, epoquehotels.com which has an abundance of gorgeous properties to choose from that are so different than chain hotels. The staff at the hotel is incredibly friendly, they are always there to help. But the rooms was my favorite thing. They are comfortable and so traditional! Staying at the Red Wall Garden Hotel was truly a marvelous experience. It's also in a convenient location. I recommend it if you travel to Beijing.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Jack,
Thank you for your review. Your review is important to us. We value and appreciate receiving your compliments. Our location nearby the Forbidden City and the famous shopping streets of Wangfujing really makes the hotel a perfect place to explore Beijing. We are looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

The Red Wall exceeded our expectations. We loved the decoration of the rooms and the attentive service of the Butlers.
The Hotel is very well located and we just loved to experienced a true boutique hotel in China!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Terrenas,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to meet your expectations and that you liked our rooms. We try to keep a traditional design without compromising on modern amenities and maximum comfort. We are looking forward to welcome you, your family and friends to Red Wall Garden Hotel again.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

This is my third stay at Red Wall Garden Hotel and if anything it was even better than my previous two stays. The staff remembered me and made a point of addressing me by name. Ying on the front desk wrote me a personal note to welcome me back to the hotel. Everyone was so very friendly kind and helpful.. I was even given the loan of a mobile phone so I could call the hotel if I found myself stuck or lost anywhere. So full marks for the staff and full marks for my room which was clean, warm and extremely comfortable.

The food in the restaurant is good and once again the staff are eager to please.

I will certainly return to the hotel and can thoroughly recommend the hotel to anyone who is looking for a more authentic visit to Beijing!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JuliaRussell
fay l, Manager at Red Wall Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

Dear Mrs. Russell - Thank you very much for the kind words. Our staff is indeed always looking to please our guests and such warm words motivates us to do even more. We are always happy to welcome you back and to be your "home" in Beijing. Contact us directly next time you want to book a room as we would like to reward you for your loyalty.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed in Red Wall Garden Hotel last Winter. Cold Winter but warm staff. this was my first trip to Beijing with my boyfriend. It was reaaaaaly a wonderful memory. Furniture and decoration in the room were distinctive and the staff were very very helpful. That was really a fantastic memory and we r sure will go Red Wall Garden again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are sunny
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
fay l, Guest Relations Manager at Red Wall Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Red Wall Garden hotel

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to see or hear from you again in the future! Make sure to tell us your flight details so that our driver can pick you up!

Thanks again!