Red Wall Garden Hotel
US$410
US$362
Hotels.com
1,389 results
All reviewsshijia hutongforbidden cityboutique hoteloverlooking the courtyardquiet hutongtea ceremonyno elevatortraditional stylehutong areadengshikou subway stationbusy cityairport pickupmodern amenitiesour room was spaciousloved this hotelchinese disheswonderful hotel
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Red Wall Garden Hotel for 3 nights in October. We loved the quiet location and the courtyard especially ! It was so relaxing a quiet with a Spa like vibe in the middle of the city. The employees went out of their way to help you enjoy your stay ! We were hot and tired and stopped on the third floor computers to check our email. Before we knew it to bottles
Of water were in front of us ! I can't recommend this quaint hotel highly enough ! Thank you for the wonderful stay !

Room Tip: A view of the courtyard
Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Susan F
RedWallGarden, General Manager at Red Wall Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear travel.lady,

Thank so so much for taking the time to write to trip advisor and to confirm the reviews of fellow trip advisor users. I very much appreciate the fact that you acknowledged all our staff as we work as one family here at the Red wall garden Hotel. I have already informed the staff about your review.

We are glad you made it home safely to California and hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel in Shijia Hutong!!

Warmest wishes,

Reviewed 26 October 2013

The hotel is beautiful, the decor is perfect, the atmosphere is Zen like at every step, the rooms are beautiful, the staff is fussing, almost all speak English, everyone is lovely and really charming, the food served in the restaurant is very good and the service is really high quality. Do not hesitate to ask the chauffeur service from the airport and I also recommend the package with massage. The hotel also lends new bicycles for sightseeing. Everything was just perfect. I truly recommend it for anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Woodrow H

Dear Woodrow H,

Thank you so much for acknowledging our boutique hotel as a five star hotel and on top of that writing such a positive review for other travelers to read. I have already informed all the staff and placed your review on our notice board. I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not to distant future.

Warmest wishes from now colder but sunny Beijing!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

On my third visit to Beijing, this time travelling with my sister, I found the loveliest hotel ever. It is small, quiet, and very friendly. We spent 8 nights there in mid October, and we enjoyed every minute. The staff is friendly and very service minded, and most of them speak excellent English, which is not that common in Beijing.
We started our stay in a big and lovely de luxe room, but since it had no daylight due to the only window being very small and facing a shaft of some kind, we switched to a smaller room with door and window facing the courtyard, and this suited us perfectly, even though it probably wasn't a de luxe room. Still a lovely room though, and very comfortable, just a bit smaller.
Breakfast was nice, a mix of chinese food and the more european yoghurt and muesli and bread style. We had dinner in the restaurant twice, and it was very good. But Beijing offers a great variety of places to eat, so don't hesitate to try the small "hole in the wall" places nearby where the food is mostly heavenly.
To get to the hotel we used the Airport pick up service offered, and that was probably a good thing, since taxis tend to have problems finding the hotel. You will quickly be able to navigate taxis to more known adresses nearby though, so taking a taxi home at night was never a problem for us.
All in all, this hotel is a fantastic home away from home, and I will definitely stay here again if I visit Beijing again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are very nice, and we enjoyed being able to walk just outside the door to sit in the sun and plan the day.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank SusanneMalmo

Dear Suzsannemalmo,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about the Red Wall garden Hotel. I am very happy that your third visit was the best one yet......They do say third time lucky!!. The hotel has many different rooms and I am glad we worked out the right room for you. The hotel runs very high occupancies so we do recommend to book earlier, sooner than later to all travelers.

Your review will be shared with all the staff here I can assure you. I hope to be able to welcome you and of course your sister back to the hotel when you visit the fourth time!

Warmest wishes
Everybody at the Red Wall Garden Hotel.

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We spent five nights in this neat courtyard hotel, located near great shopping, the Subway and a short walk to the Forbidden City. Staff and service were excellent. Their restaurant has a good menu with daily Chinese specialities.

1  Thank Robert G

Dear Robert G

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the hotel. I will make sure this is posted on our staff notice board for all of us here to share. I am glad you enjoyed the daily specials focusing on homecooking in China. We are going to do more and more of this.

Warmest wishes from everybody here at the Red Wall Garden Hotel

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Red Wall Garden is the perfect place to feel at home right in the centre of bustling Beijing. We spent 5 nights there after reading great reviews on Tripadvisor and it definitely lived up to expectation. It is conveniently located and peaceful with excellent service. Our deluxe room was spacious with a very comfortable bed so we could spread out after long days exploring the city. The hotel's traditional hutong heritage lends it charm and character. We spent many evenings relaxing in the courtyard, listening to traditional Chinese music and sipping cocktails. (If you're feeling adventurous then ask Lily, one of the waitress, to make you one of her own special cocktails. You will be pleasantly surprised!)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tinawho
RedWallGarden, General Manager at Red Wall Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Tinawho,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our boutique hotel. I have placed this firmly on our staff noticeboard as everybody here at the hotel very much appreciates this.

You might be interested to know that Lilly has come up with another fine cocktail which we are going to introduce on our new cocktail list over the next few weeks!!!.

I am glad you made it home safe to Sydney and do hope to be able to welcome you back to Shijia Hutong and our hotel.

Warmest wishes