Red Wall Garden Hotel
US$267
US$223
JW Marriott
1,389 results
All reviewsshijia hutongforbidden cityboutique hoteloverlooking the courtyardquiet hutongtea ceremonyno elevatortraditional stylehutong areadengshikou subway stationbusy cityairport pickupmodern amenitiesour room was spaciousloved this hotelchinese disheswonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The hotel is in a very good location and close to the subway station . All interesting places can be reached easily. Charming rooms with great bathrooms make you enjoy your rests .The breakfirst is delicious . Kind and helpfull stuff is always around . We enjoyed complimentary champaign for New Years Eve .

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank maxmalou
RedWallGarden, General Manager at Red Wall Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear maxmalou:
It was a pleasure meeting you both at the cocktail reception - I am glad you had a safe journey back to Germany.
Thank you for pointing out the hotel's proximity to the Dengshikou subway station. Within a two minute walk from our quiet hutong street and for only 2 RMB (approximately 35 US cents), guests can explore the entirety of the city with one of the best, most-advanced subway systems in the world. Even points of interest that are on the outskirts of Beijing (such as the Summer Palace) can be reached rather speedily and without having to contend with traffic gridlock

Our friendly guest services team is always happy to assist you with your sightseeing plans!

Gruesse nach Deutschland,

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

During my pan- Asian trip ,I also visited Beijing and stayed in this very cozy Chinese style boutique hotel called the Red Wall Garden. Although it doesn't really have a garden , it does have a nice large spacious open air courtyard ( it is now freezing cold in the winter , so it's not really an option to spend anytime in open air, although they tell me that in the spring summer and early autumn they have wonderful flowers and the trees blossom ). Anyway enough with the courtyard. the rooms were well appointed , warm and clean, I stayed in the main building on the third floor, it was very quiet ; the decor is a bit of a mix of oriental with western style too . The TV channels in English language were very limited.
The food was good at the restaurant ; had breakfast ( buffet style , quite adequate) and lunch and dinner were excellent .
But the most pleasing aspect of the hotel is the service and the warmth of the staff .
They really take care of you in a very friendly way , from the housekeeping staff to the reception . I also enjoyed a free pick up at the airport .
Great central location in one of the most historic Hutongs called Shijia Hutong near Jinbao street.
I would certainly recommend this nice hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank tallebung

Dear tallebung:

I very much appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Red Wall Garden Hotel with the tripadvisor community. Thank you!
Yes, it has gotten somewhat nippy here in Beijing during the past couple of weeks and it certainly is too cold to sit in our lovely courtyard area. You will be interested to know, however, that we are planning to add some firepits as part of our courtyard updates in order to extend the "outside season" a bit more into the spring and fall months.
The warm months are certainly a fantastic time to visit us - as you can tell from the pictures here on tripadvisor and from the ones on our own website, the courtyard area changes into a sea of flowers and our fish and turtles emerge from "hibernation". It really is a lovely spot to kick back and relax after a long day of shopping or sightseeing.

Hopefully you will have a chance to return for a visit then - we would love to have you back with us,

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Just came back from 6 days in Beijing. I never have been so cold in my life but the Red Wall Garden kept me warm. Not only the room was warm and cosy, but also the staff was warm, friendly and helpful. Specially the girls in the restaurant (I just remember Lilly by name, sorry) were always so kind and nice to chat to while having a hot coffee (I know you should drink tea in China, but they make such a good Cappuccino I just could not resist).

I mentioned the room above already and I can only agree with all the good reviews on TripAdvisor - It feels like a home with all luxuries of a top class hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sam Y
RedWallGarden, General Manager at Red Wall Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Sam Y:

Yes, it has been rather chilly these past couple of weeks, but I am sure Lilly's delicious cappucinos and our newly built fireplaces helped you stay warm and cosy!
It is always rewarding to read that our team's service efforts have left a positive impression and that our guests not only had a pleasant stay but will also take some nice memories back home with them.

Lilly, Yao and Luz asked me to send you their regards

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed at this Hotel for 5 nights and we have no complaints about it.
The staff is super friendly and helpful. The girls at the reception even helped us to book shows outside the hotel's agency. They really cared about us.
We booked a standard room, but when we got there they upgraded us to a superior room! The room was spacious, clean and quiet. The Breakfast is very nice with a good variety of Chinese food and some western options! Go for the Chinese food! They even have an option of take-away containers if you don't have time to have your breakfast or if you want you can pay an extra fee to take an extra meal with you. We did that when we went to the Great Wall, as we knew we wouldn't be able to find a nice place to eat on the surroundings.
The place is clean, close to Dengshikou subway station and to a shopping district.
I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Priscilla M:

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with the tripadvisor community.
Going above and beyond the call of duty for our guests is our credo here at Red Wall Garden Hotel, so I am glad to hear that our guest service team was able to assist you to your satisfaction.

Our executive chef was happy to read your praise regarding breakfast; we receive a lot of compliments on our local food offerings and have recently added more Chinese dishes to our lunch and dinner menus. It is our goal to take our guests on a "culinary journey" of this country's varied cuisines and branch out a bit from the more traditional Cantonese style cooking that most of our visitors know from the Chinese restaurants back home. Our food and beverage team is always happy to answer any questions regarding the menu and will do their very best to accommodate special requests.

Greetings to sunny Brazil - we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future,

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Wouldn't stay anywhere else if I'm in Beijing again. The service is wonderful, the room was gorgeous and the bed lovely and soft (western style). They asked if we were there for a special reason so they could look after us. They left a bottle of red and rose petals in our room. The buffet breakfast was excellent and the restaurant in the evening was great. We were in walking distance of Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, the subway and the very popular Wangfujing Street.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor so if you have problems with stairs just ask to be on the ground floor. I only had a problem with the stairs after a couple of long days walking everywhere :)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen T
RedWallGarden, General Manager at Red Wall Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Helen T:

We very much appreciate your kind review!
Making your stay special right from the start is very important to us, so we are glad you enjoyed the little amenity upon arrival.

My staff sends their regards "down under"! Thank you for staying with us,