The Red Wall is a peaceful escape from the hustle & bustle of Beijing. The location is very central, Dengshikou metro station is just around the corner, but you feel hidden away from general chaos of the city. The rooms were clean and spacious, with local furnishings. The courtyard is the focus of the hotel in the evening, serving great food, and the perfect place to relax after a busy day. The staff couldn't do enough for us - special thanks to Sarah, Ying, You Yo and Brian (just to mention a few) for making our stay so enjoyable. An added bonus were the other guests - we met some great people both at breakfast and in the courtyard of an evening...something that doesn't readily happen in larger hotels.
A couple of things that could be improved:
* the additional bed was made up on the 'traditional' seat/lounge in our duplex. Whilst good in practice, you felt like you were sleeping on a stone floor - even after adding and extra layer. Perhaps the hotel could invest in a mattress/extra layers of padding to ensure guests have a comfortable sleep.
* a mirror in the bedroom upstairs would be helpful, even if it was a hand held - a bit of a hassle always having to pop down to the bathroom to do your hair or make-up.
I have to stress that the issues mentioned above were minor in our overall impression of the hotel. We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay, and wouldn't hesitate to stay at the RWGH when we next visit Beijing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Red Wall Garden Hotel is a cultural oasis of tranquillity in the very heart of the vibrant city of Beijing. It is located in Shijia Hutong, one of the city's most historic neighbourhoods and is within walking distance of the Forbidden City and the famous shopping and food streets of Wangfujing and Jinbao in DongCheng. A traditional Chinese courtyard hotel invoking the past, yet replete with modern facilities. All 40 individually appointed guest rooms feature ultra-luxury DUX beds, wooden flooring, en-suite bathrooms and amenities such as large flat screen TV, complimentary WI-FI throughout the hotel and private in-room bar. All rooms have air-conditioning & heaters. Located within the central courtyard of the award-winning Red Wall Garden Hotel, The Courtyard Bistro serves great value dishes that are inspired by the eight main culinary areas in China. The Courtyard Bistro also features open stage cultural entertainment nights as well as indoor and outdoor noodle stations and daily special chalkboards to further enhance the guests' dining experiences. The Lounge Bar invites guests to kick back in an armchair with a drink, a snack and a book. The Courtyard Bistro's full service bar serves up classic and specialty cocktails as well as traditional afternoon tea and features an excellent selection of wines, beers and other alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks. Situated just off the west lounge of the hotel, The Courtyard Bistro Tea House offers daily tea ceremonies where the in-house tea master guides patrons through Chinese tea history that looks back on over 4000 years of tea excellence. The private dining and event rooms at The Red Wall Garden Hotel can accommodate up to 200 people for meetings, weddings or events. The tailor-made menus offer an array of traditional Chinese cuisine to suit either a formal or an informal meeting, wedding or event. The "Red Wall Garden Boutique Hotel Experience" emotionally connects our guests with the intense historical, cultural and artistic life of authentic and historic Beijing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Red Wall Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.