“good value hotel ...”

Ranked #112 of 6,520 Hotels in Beijing
Rolle, Switzerland
“good value hotel ...”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel, was visiting for business reasons. The rooms are modern and nice looking, pool was great and breakfast buffet fine.

Directly outside the hotel you'll find plenty of restaurants, open air bars as well as shopping malls. There is a better shopping mall a few blocks away from the hotel, not far from Wall Mart, you'll find there Uniqlo as well other cool clothing stores, there is also a restaurant where you can have Peking duck and another one with making great noodles.

The hotel is located 15-20 km from the airport, in a business / residential area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NicoClaire1180
jessie s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square, responded to this review, 23 October 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great comments and also for the accurate description of our surroundings.
Should you come back to our Hotel, please, do not hesitate to let me know - I would be much honored to meet you so that I can thank you personally! (ext. 6101) -
Kindest regards from the Holiday Inn Focus Square team.

C.E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stay there for business trip for 4 days, it worth to pay more to stay on club floor. All their staff very nice, ony the negetive is their food. It's improved compare with my last time stay there, but still have plenty space to improve. Not too much traffic from hotel to airport, and the area is very comfortable, next is the shopping centre and plenty of restaurant there. Even it's not near the Forbidden City, still ok coz easy to take a cab to all sightseeing place, as a tourist forget all the public transport in Beijing coz all really crowded. Highly recommended this hotel. Especially thank you for SANDY who works at the club lounge. Thank you for your helping and her colleague to lend the umbrella to me. No matter for business or leisure, this is one of the best hotel in Beijing.

Room Tip: Stay at club floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank K L
Dear Guest,

Before all, please accept my apologies for my late answer.
Your comments are much appreciated by the whole team, in particular by Sandy (she has just been promoted!!) and we are happy to learn that you have been satisfied by our services.
Your note about the Club Floor food has been discussed with all concerned and you can rest assured that we will do our utmost to improve the food quality and selection.
Should you come back to our Hotel, I would be grateful if you could let me know, so I can personally show my appreciation. (Ext.6101)

Thank you again for being our guest and best regards

Munich, Germany
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I've been here many times and I always like to come back. The service is friendly and efficient and meanwhile the staff at breakfast also understands English. The rooms are modern and with a fantastic view, especially if you stay in a corner room with a view to two sides. Unfortunately those rooms become very hot when the sun shines and aircon is only available from April to Oct. When I was there in March I had room temperatures of 30°C+. Luckily it is possible to open the window a bit.

Breakfast is delicious and with a large variety. Unfortunately I cannot recommend the food ordered via room service or in the restaurant. We had a function dinner in there once and food was mediocre. I prefer to buy snacks in the supermarket next door (shopping mal basement) or in the surrounding restaurants.

The location is rather suited for business travelers than for tourists as it is too far off the city center and many taxi drivers still don't know this hotel. Time to airport 30-60min depending on traffic.

1 Thank baitingna
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to give your comments and please accept my apologies for my late answer.
Although we are pleased to learn that you are, in general, satisfied with our services, we have thoroughly looked into the problems that you have mentioned about the Air-Conditioning/Heating system and Room Service and please rest assured that corrective actions are being taken to improve those areas.
I would be very grateful if you could call me during your next visit to our Hotel, so I can thank you personally. (Ext.6101)

Lund, Sweden
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here during a business trip to Beijing.

Breakfast was great with a good selection of both western and Asian dishes.

The gym was well-equipped with machines for both strength and fitness.

Rooms were clean and fresh, the only downside was the fact that the A/C could not be adjusted leaving my room to always be quite warm.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Before all, please accept my apologies for answering so late and should you come back to our Hotel, I would be grateful if you could let me know so I can meet you personally and also make sure that your room has the proper temperature (Ext.6101)
Your comments are very much appreciated and we are happy to know that, in general, you have been satisfied.

Thank you for being our guest and kind regards.

Pavia, Italy
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This hotel is close to mall and market, so you may have alternatives for finding places for eating and spending your free time even if you are not downtown Beijing.
Chopsticks Chinese Restaurant in the hotel is good, and the maitre is available in providing suggestions about the menu, but it is expensive if compared with restaurants outside the hotel.
Very good selection of teas in the bar.
Breakfast has a big variety of choices both Chinese and International, fresh yogurt available all days.
Efficient service of laundry.
I suggest this hotel for business trips, since the combination of stay + breakfast + some extras can cost more than 100 € per night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
jessie s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We are grateful for your kind comments and delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Should you visit our hotel again, please, let me know as I would be much honored to meet you personally.
Chris E
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Interior decor: Surprisingly elegant in good ways. OK. I got upgraded with my IHG Platinum Elite membership, to an executive floor room on 40th floor.
Room size: Approximately 35 square meters. Very comfortable.
Outside view from the room: Nice view to the northeast from 40th floor. No PM 2.5 warnings during my stay.
Exterior appearance; Business/commercial complex tower. Modern.
Room cleanness: Very well maintained.
Price value: Excellent
Service; Courteous and friendly
Restaurant: 3 better than average restaurants - for Holiday Inn - that's great!
Bed: Comfortable-king size
Location; Noertheast side of Beijing towards Airport in Wangjing. Only 7 minutess walk to Microsoft LSH building.

Room Tip: Try 40th floor executive floor
1 Thank setotravel
jessie s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square, responded to this review, 25 March 2014

Chris E
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Room smelled sewage near the bathroom area. We stayed 5 days and every single day, I had to call the front desk to ask for bed sheets since they forgot to supply. Front desk and the club room crew were very polite and accommodating but the rest from the doorman ( which never opens the door) to lobby tea girls all either texting on their phones or just plain indifferent. Nothing absolutely nothing for kids except the pool which tightly guarded to keep it as quiet as a library. I will never spend another 5000 RMB there again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
jessie s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Focus Square, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to report your disappointing experience in our hotel and please accept our apologies for our shortcomings. You can rest assured that corrective action will be taken immediately in terms of service and maintenance. Also, the highest care will be given to families and should you give us the chance to serve you again, it is our commitment to show that these are not only words.