“Comfortable night's sleep close to airport”

Days Hotel Beijing New Exhibition Center
Ranked #142 of 6,474 Hotels in Beijing
London, United Kingdom
“Comfortable night's sleep close to airport”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I got a good deal on this on expedia and for the price, it was good value. Big, clean room and a very comfortable bed. huge bathroom and good hot shower. Reception were helpful when i arrived at 1am - especially Jamie (girl!), who spoke good english and was very polite.

Only thing i'd say is that being a relatively decent airport hotel, one would think that at least someone on each shift might speak basic english. i speak various other languages and don't expect english wherever I go, but at a pretty western Beijing airport hotel i'd sort of expect it...at least a bit. It was a bit tricky when i checked out, as the staff didn't understand my request (explained in many different ways including with pictures!) to call me a taxi to go to the central train station. The one who spoke a bit of english kept trying to tell me there was no central, or main, train station... i've been to it a few times and pretty sure that's what it is! Anyway, just be prepared for limited or no english.

i'm rating it 'very good' because for a beijing airport hotel it is, relatively speaking. it's nothing special, just perfectly ok.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Anemone C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were there 1st time 2.5 years ago, but facility has degraded this round. It would have my 4 stars rate back then.

Room was clean, but shower rack has fallen off. And one of our room has many (at least 4) mosquitoes. Did not realize that until bed time and we did not bother to notify the front desk due to short sleep time before next international flight. My baby suffer at least 8 bites on body. sigh ...

Nice restaurants nearby. Airplanes sound was pretty loud in mid-night but no planes after 12am. So we might stay here for the 3rd time next trip.

Just watch for the mosquitoes during summer months!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sftong

Travellers are raving about these Beijing hotels

Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a spacious superior room for my one night stopover.
despite a delayed flight that arrived at 3am, they came to pick me up when I called.
The first room I went to had no electricity so I had to move to a room next door.
The bed was comfortable and soft by Asian standards. The room was clean, quiet, spacious & had natural light.
Easy & quick to get the shuttle back to the airport the next day.

I would stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank 665kate
Scottsdale AZ
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed overnight between flights at PEK airport. The room was clean, nicely appointed, of good size and modern. The bed was quite comfortable and the pillows excellent...something that's sometimes hard to find in China. The area is not especially good and unless you needed to be in the area, I don't think it offered much other than being near the airport. There was some aircraft noise, but nothing that disturbed us. The hotel offers a free shuttle to/from the airport. We had a long wait, almost 45 minutes for pick up at our midnight arrival. The return shuttle leaves about once an hour and quickly got us to the airport. We did not use the food services due to our quick turn around. The price was reasonable and we would return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank flyawayAZ
Rosemead, California, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I went on 2 business trips to China via Beijing this year. I chose to stay at the Days Hotel Beijing New Exhibition Center on both occasions after I had finished the business meetings at other cities and was heading back to the US.
I chose that hotel is because:
1) It is of great value for a traveler. The hotel room is spacious and clean. The hotel's reasonable charge for each night also includes a nice buffet breakfast. It is certainly not a fancy hotel. But, travelers like me do not need to stay in a luxurious hotel with high charges.
2) Each of the staff there was very friendly, courteous and helpful, be it a front desk staff, an assistant to the shuttle's driver, a cook or a wait person in the restaurant or a cleaning lady I met in the hotel hallways.
3) It's only about 5 minutes away from the Beijing Capital Int'l Airport. It is a very convenient location for travelers like me who need to fly from Beijing to other cities of China.
4) The hotel provides free shuttle service for their guests. When I arrived at the Airport from the US or other cities in China, I would call the Hotel to tell them the terminal number I was at. As they have several shuttles circling at the terminals of the Airport, usually I only needed to wait for about 5 minutes and would be able to get on one of their shuttles to get to the Hotel. The shuttles to the Airport leaves every hour. So, guests like me can get on the shuttles with luggage and be delivered to the terminals in a few minutes. It is very convenient and efficient for travelers like me.
If I need to go to Beijing again in the future, I'll definitely stay at this Hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cottage88
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have stayed in many hotels and this is the 1st time I have felt compelled to write a review.
This was my 2nd stay at this hotel and my last.

My 1st stay was 2 nights in December 2013 for 2 nights and I thought the hotel was more modern than a previous hotel I stayed at Beijing Airport, but that was were it ended. I was served a raw beef burger in the restaurant by very poor English speaking staff, before going to sleep on a bed that might as well have been the runway due to the hardness and the noise. On the second night after a long days sight seeing I arrived back and waited 1hr on some food and when it arrived it was stone cold. Then off to that bed again!

My 2nd stay was for 1 night May 2014 and although they have seemed to introduce an English speaking restaurant manager the food hasn't changed. The beds haven't changed either and there was even an extra surprise in the room at 1:30am, a misquote biting me all over! I am completely covered in lumps.

This was your last chance Days Hotel and you failed, your hotel needs fumigated!

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Neal L
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I'd give the room and facilities very good marks as a basic value oriented hotel. Breakfast was mediocre, dinner a la carte was quite good. But if you try and get a taxi anywhere in the area one will be Stuck! If anyone is staying for more than a night for a conference they'd be traveling locally, not downtown or to the wall. But the staff who speak almost no English are useless in coming to help with a taxi or offer other private transport even with our Chinese friend helping. They only suggest getting a shuttle to the airport and then disembark for the next local destination. From the Hilton we had to catch the shuttle to the airport then wait for the days hotel shuttle. It took us 90 minutes for what would have been a 5-10 min taxi ride. The taxi drivers are so useless here near the airport.

We were here for a school sports competition at dulwich college.

Room Tip: They all receive airplane noise. You can almost touch the planes as they land you'll be at the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family