“Unmissable for any food or drink lover”

Tea Trips Beijing - Private One-day Tour
Ranked #35 of 43 Food & Drink in Beijing
More attraction details
Owner description: Ok, some home truths. This really isn’t much of a tour. It’s much, much more than a tour. Tea expert, trained chef, industry insider and bon vivant Joel Shuchat as well as fellow tea entrepreneur and expert Celestina Swanson have been sourcing and exporting China’s finest tea for six caffeine-filled years. Join them on a pilgrimage to Maliandao Tea City, Beijing’s biggest and best tea wholesaling and tasting area. Witness and learn with Joel and Celestina as you taste, talk and cut deals with bigwig sellers from across China’s premier tea regions. It’s all in a day’s work for a tea trader – and an insider’s treat not to miss for any tea lover.
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unmissable for any food or drink lover”
Reviewed 9 December 2010

My company organsied a tour as part of a team-building day and it couldn't have been better. I've never thought of myself as a real tea lover but some of the teas we tasted were real amazing, better than anything I've had. It helps to have an expert tell you what to look for in each cup, explain how to taste and why one tea is different from the next. My only complaint was that the tea area is a bit out of town, so it took me some time to reach. But apart form that, one of the best days out in Beijing. Oh, and the lunch really is out of this world. OMG delish!

2 Thank owally1

Montreal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fun and informative day away from the tourist traps”
Reviewed 8 December 2010

I was originally hoping for a short 2-3 hour session of tea, we all got more than we could ask for. Nearly 6 hours of food and tea was a lot more than I thought I could handle, but the whole time passed by beautifully. Fully recommended to anyone passing through Beijing. Also, the tour seemed to be made up of many other expat types living in the city. They helped plan the rest of my short stay in Beijing in just a few moments of conversation and napkin writing. Far exceeded my expectations!

4 Thank danations