Crowne Plaza Beijing Chaoyang U-Town
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$253
  • Restaurant
US$171
US$113
  • Pool
All reviewsshopping mallgerman barihg memberadjust the temperaturesubway stationthe club loungebusiness hoteldirect accessfree upgraderoom temperatureair conditioningswimming poolthree nightsconvenient locationbusiness tripcorner roomrooms are nice
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I'm a IHG Platinum member and almost always stay at IHG hotels when I travel internationally so I have a familiar experience, this hotel didn't disappoint, excellent in all regards, the service, room, and especially the food, the chef only uses the highest quality ingredients and I didn't eat anything that wasn't very good to excellent. In particular the Salmon Locks and the seared Ahi were both outstanding.

The only reason I gave a very good instead of an excellent review is the pricing policies of this hotel . As a Platinum member I'm used to always getting a free upgrade club floor with access to the club (free breakfast and drinks/food in the evening) , I can't remember the last time I haven't been upgraded for free. On check in I was told no free upgrade, but I can have a discount from 400RMB to 250RMB for the upgrade for the upgrade, I accepted but feel a bit put out. By the way the club was very good, very well staffed by very nice girls with excellent service and very good food and drinks. And on the last day I ate lunch in the floor 6 restaurant , very good food , but when the bill came there was a 15% "service charge" - not at all common in my experience in Asia to add a mandatory service charge to restaurant bills.

So I will probably stay at this hotel again, but watch out for nickel and dime charges

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I gave this a 5 star because I gave Westin Financial Street a 4 star in a prior review.
This hotel gave me much value for money compared to the above mentioned hotel. It's location is also fantastic, a big shopping mall next door and a central location to the nightspots, shopping and food areas in the western side of the city centre and nearer to the airport since it's in the west. Room wise, it's great, no complaints at all.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who want to stay in Beijing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alvin_Liu
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very convenient location in the central part of Beijing. Subway is nearby if you want to use it and you can reach it from the airport with one change. Property is relatively new so the everything is clean and in working condition. Gym & large pool are great for exercise. I'd say that the only negative thing about the hotel is that getting coffee during the breakfast seems to be difficult/slow. The wait staff do not tend to you immediately. Breakfast itself is great and choices are plenty.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2014

i spent 3 days in this hotel, i was impressed by the smiles on all the receptionists' face upon my arrival, they are always patient to answer all my questions no matter what kind questions i asked. they always smile at you if they saw you in the lobby. i will surely return to this hotel and recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Have been there for two nights because of a conference in thsi hotel.
My room was some kind of superiour room, quite spacious, with uncomfy useless furniture and a huge bathroom.
I paid like RmB 1500/night, while the wallpaper was falling off the wall at some places.

Staff was amazingly uncapable at checkin, took them almost half an hour, and of course they did not allow late check out, though it was friday afternoon and the hotel clearly emptied.

Only good thing: right next to hotel is a blue frog, so if you fancy a burger, that's where you want to go.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaUTown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Chaoyang U-Town, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Vielreisende R,

Thank you for your feedback after your stay at Crowne Plaza U-Town last month.

I’m sorry for any part of this stay that you weren’t happy with.

I’d like to follow up your comments – let me have your contact details so we can communicate direct. (david.travers@ihg.com)

Kind regards,