“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #73 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
Bengaluru, India
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here for a week during a business trip, primarily because of the proximity to my office.. and found this hotel to be very nice and comfortable. The presence of an North Indian restaurant was a pleasant surprise... though the menu doesn't have a wide selection, whatever I tried tasted good. Breakfast spread is quite decent with many choices including Indian, Chinese and western options. Staff has been really courteous and willing to help.

Rooms are quite spacious, clean, well furnished with all modern amenities. The health club and pool are just great.

The location is good if your business is in this side of the city, else you will find it far from many attractions. The metro station and nearest shopping-mall is in walking distance (1+ KM).. taxi is easily available. Else there is nothing much to do in the area.

Wifi isn't free, except for IHG members or executive floor rooms.

Overall a nice and comfortable stay, I highly recommend if this location works for you.

14 Thank gauravmaheshwari
Shan H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Mr. Gauravmaheshwari,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our food and service made your stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.

Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Purple Bao

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I've stayed here a number of times and came back after a years absence and was not disappointed. The hotel is great if you need to be in Haidian Univ district. It has great facilities, the breakfast buffet is very good. But what always sells me is the service. The staff are polite, friendly and efficient. The rooms are very nice and the lounge, though not always offering alto for Happy Hour, 5-8 pm, or breakfast is warm and friendly.

I did have one slight hiccup when the system did not recognize me as a Platinum IHG member. That was solved by the duty manager calling the main office and finally allowing us access to the lounge and offering us an upgraded room.

All in all....a good stay and I'd go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Shan H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear KG,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service made your stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.

Bunn, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 June 2014

If you have business in the local area, then the hotel is a good option. I picked this hotel due to the closeness to my company's offices. On previous trips I stayed in nicer hotels in downtown Beijing, but hated the almost 1 hour commute each way. I was able to walk to my office in under 10 minutes from the hotel. The rooms were okay, though my room smelled like smoke. The service at the hotel was great. The internet speed was slow. There was a wide variety of Chinese food and some Western food in the breakfast buffet. The western style food was not good! I ended up eating Chinese style food for breakfast. The next time I visit my company's office in the area, I will stay at this hotel due to the location, but will bring breakfast bars from home.

1 Thank Vanessa011
Shan H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian.

Most guests responded favorably regarding breakfast, and I am sorry it did not meet your expectation. If you would, please contact me at my email: purple.bao@ihg.com so that I can further assist you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to experience all the upgrades and transformation in the near future as we know we will definitely meet your expectation the next time!

Warmest,
NC
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I'm staying at this hotel for a week. The rooms are quite nice and reasonably priced -- well, the toilet is a problematic (I had requested to have it fixed twice over two days so far and it's still not quite functioning at its best). But, maids and maintenance guys were quite courteous. The hotel location is a bit off the well-traveled path (a good 15-20 min of walk to the closest Tsinghua University entrance and no other major 'attractions' nearby) and is also next to the railroad crossing.

I had both breakfast and dinner so far. The breakfast buffet has limited selection: the fruits are not terribly great with just melons, the so-call 'dim sum' is just plain steamed buns, the noodle bar with just noodles and 3 leafy vegetables, etc. (all very basic) @ 78 RMB and the dinner buffet has a better spread @ 218 RMB plus 15% gratuity automatically included. I didn't get dinner buffet tonight, since I've gained a few pounds on the trip so far. So, I tried to order some simpler rice dish. They were out of 'fried rice' (seriously!!!). So, I ordered a noodle dish. And, they were out of noodle dish again?! OK, at this point I'm quite of annoyed. (It's quite clear that the waiter wanted me to order something more expensive or go for dinner buffet) Anyway, I ordered a Salmon Masala (and they asked me to order plain rice or naan @ 28 RMB each to go with and I did -- if I didn't, they probably would be out of Salmon Masala too), plus some Chinese dim-sum pastry. Salmon Masala is no Salmon, but some soft, white fish fried and cooked in Masala sauce. The garlic naan was under-cooked (rather reheated again); and the Chinese dim-sum pastry was NOT great (overly greasy with a bit of funny smell). I felt awful after eating the food and tried to get the check quickly. It took them forever to get me the check. When I finally got the bill, the prices were all wrong and inflated by 25% plus gratuity already added. I asked them why the listed prices are not the same as what I was charged. They asked 'which menu' was I given, implying I was quoting lunch prices, not dinner prices. I showed them the prices in the dinner menu. Only then, they said they'll fix the bill. OK......that took a LONG while and they came up with some lame excuses of how they were charging me room-service prices mistakenly. (I've already seen the room-service menu and I knew the prices are the SAME, except they charge 15% gratuity for bringing to your room, but they also charged me 15% gratuity automatically for eating there! So, there is no difference.) My dinner bill with just 3 items came close to the dinner buffet price.

Anyway, check the bill when you eat there -- if you have to. The dinner buffet, though pricy @ 218 RMB, is definitely the better way to go -- at least they won't try to cheat you on the prices and you can pick whatever you like or dislike. Most importantly what you get what you see. I didn't get the Salmon I ordered, but I didn't want to argue -- knowing that I couldn't get some common dishes (likely because they're too cheap compared to dinner buffet) and they're already charging higher prices than the listed prices, they're probably going to tell me that the menu has the wrong English translation, etc.

The service here in its restaurant definitely needs to be significantly improved. The waiters need to be re-trained. With the kind of practice I've seen, this is no way to run an international hotel.
The waiters can get some lessons from the housekeeping maids and maintenance guys.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade to a corner room with a king bed.
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing the experience of your stay at Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our restaurant services may have caused you. Your comments about the room service problem has been documented and will certainly be looked into. From the problem, we have ticked all the boxes that you have and found more training for our staff to provide all our guests with an excellent experience while staying with us.

We hope this would not deter you from choosing Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

It was just what you would expect from a hotel chain of this calibre. Clean room, the usual provision of amenities etc. You have to pay for wifi which was a big deal since almost all hotels of this standard in other Asian cities provide it for free. Anyway do not bother cause the Internet speed is so slow that you would just give up. Buffet breakfast was average. Staff were pleasant but if you don't speak Mandarin, it is a little bit more difficult to communicate. They spoke English but not well enough! I don't know how covenient this location would be for other visitors but for me, it was cause it was in an area where some of Beijing's universities were located.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Shan H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay regarding our hotel. And there are some problems you mentioned that need to be improved.

If you enroll IHG Rewards Club and become our membership, Internet will be free of charge. And you could enjoy many other benefits from this menbership; not only in Holiday Inn brand, but also in other IHG brands. As for English speaking skill, we have arrange English training for our staff to improving English skill. Moreover, I wish you could understand that it is not an easy case for people to learn froeign languages.

Thanks again for staying in our hotel and your warmly comments. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 9 June 2014

its a very nice and comfortable hotel to stay in in china at reasonable rates. got a king size bed room there for 700 chinese yuan(Bed and Breakfast), which is not bad for the room size and the breakfast spread that we had. Like all holiday inns, this was also very comfortable. the service was top notch.
the plus point for the indians is the Ramayana restaurant there which serves authentic indian food. the menu dosent have a wide spread, but it has good taste. The breakfast spread is elaborate and nice.
Location wise, there is a mall nearby which is at walking distance (didnt go there). the concern may be that the location may be a bit far from city, but then in beijing we have to factor in the travel time due to traffic and distance.
There is also a healthclub and an indoor swimming pool here - although didnt get the time to use the facilities.

Room Tip: any room is good. but for non smokers, you should opt for a non smoking room if you are allergic to...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Shan H, Manager at Holiday Inn Beijing Haidian, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience during your recent stay regarding our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our room is appreciated by a lot of guests because of the spaciousness and cleanness.

Thank you again for your stay in our hotel and your compliments. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Regards,
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The staff is what makes this hotel shine. I had a wonderful almost 2 week stay for work and the staff goes out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and have what you need. Kudos to Snow (head Concierge); he made sure I had a cab every morning for work and got me enrolled on my 2 trips during the weekend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheDebsters
Dear guest,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience during your recent stay regarding our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. And I am appreciate that we helped you lot during your stay.

Regards,